TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Thanks Bill! I couldn't help but to laugh at the poster.

Doug, Swamp Fox looks pretty neat and it would be interesting to experience the evolution that brought about Screaming Eagle. I'm digging the name.

Crap. We were planning on going to the park for a four to five hours to cap off Saturday night, before father's day. However, I believe that's going to be Bring a Friend Free Day, along with Sunday. Is it worth my time?

Crap. We were planning on going to the park for a four to five hours to cap off Saturday night, before father's day. However, I believe that's going to be Bring a Friend Free Day, along with Sunday. Is it worth my time?

If you like long lines and massive crowds, then it sure is.

Yeah, crowds will probably be pretty obnoxious that Saturday. As always though, that depends on the weather.

Thanks all. I had never even heard of Swamp Fox before planning our trip there, then it became one of the things I had to do. It's a nice coaster that the park takes pride in. Always good to see a classic treated well.

As for Screamin' Eagle, yes, for all the lack of a signature steel coaster it's sure nice to have a true classic woodie that's in great shape. I do wish that it was operational for Holiday in the Park though, as the view of a fully lit park while coming around the lift hill turn would be spectacular.

Does anybody have a list of bring a friend days?

According to my Gold Pass membership benefits, the only active Bring a Friend Free coupon is for any day June 5 - 18. However, a recent email regarding season pass holder celebration days suggests that BAFF is not valid on the 17th. If you don't have the SixFlags app, I'd recommend it. You can store your season pass in it so you don't even need to bring the card with you, and it provides you with the most up to date coupons and perks for your pass. Hope that helps.

According to my Gold Pass membership benefits, the only active Bring a Friend Free coupon is for any day June 5 - 18. However, a recent email regarding season pass holder celebration days suggests that BAFF is not valid on the 17th. If you don't have the SixFlags app, I'd recommend it. You can store your season pass in it so you don't even need to bring the card with you, and it provides you with the most up to date coupons and perks for your pass. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!

I hope someone can help...... is this clock gone forever or is it ( hopefully) being refurbished?

noticed it was gone during a recent visit.... any info would be appreciated

thanks

KevinCRW_0180.thumb.JPG.3736b4590d499abb09e8ec7dc9100737.JPG

Missing In action

Anyone know if Boomerang has been testing/will open up again soon? Looks like it's been down for a few weeks now. Visiting next week and really don't want to be spited

I had noticed the first week or two the restraints were up and then got pulled down as if they were trying something.

It's been down around six weeks at this point.

Wait... So this coming Saturday is NOT BaFF day? I thought my email said June 16-18.

Edit: I just got the updated email. I guess there must have been some understandable confusion. Anyone have any insight on how the crowds will be on Saturday? I would imagine it would be reasonable, if we came after five. Especially since a lot of people might hold out for BAFF day on Friday or Sunday.

For everyone who hasn't been to the park recently, there is a lot going on as the park prepares for the Mardi Gras Festival. One of the easiest places to see this is the Palace Theater garden area. Lots of decorations are going up, and they look really good. You can also get a feel for the parade route due to the yellow lines that have been added. I'm actually getting really excited for this event.

Anyone know if Boomerang has been testing/will open up again soon? Looks like it's been down for a few weeks now. Visiting next week and really don't want to be spited

I had noticed the first week or two the restraints were up and then got pulled down as if they were trying something.

If I had to guess it will probably be another week or two. If its the part that I think it is they are probably still waiting for it. The part in question is unique to the SFSTL Boomerang and isn't made by Vekoma or S&S Arrow.

I wasn't aware there were differences in Boomerang models at all. Or is this a change added in the repair?

If I had to guess it will probably be another week or two. If its the part that I think it is they are probably still waiting for it. The part in question is unique to the SFSTL Boomerang and isn't made by Vekoma or S&S Arrow.

I wasn't aware there were differences in Boomerang models at all. Or is this a change added in the repair?

If I remember right, one of the primary differences in SFStL's Boomerang is in the lifting unit (at the start). I believe ours is electric, which is unique to the coaster and was installed when Boomerang was relocated here from Texas. There's a few other parts that are different as well, but I believe they're mostly fairly minor.

The park truly seems to make the most out of any of its new attractions.

Not knocking the SFSTL crew and maintenance, but the thing is Down more that it is Up - SBNO.

Maybe they should have stuck with the old Tech.

I'm excited for the Mardi Gras parade, but I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around why corporate thought it was a good idea to send out a parade to two seperate parks right after the other, except multiple months after the actual holiday it's named after.

It's really bizzare to me, to me it's like having Holiday in the Park in the middle of March. I think it's especially not great for the general public, I don't think it's a great idea to lead people to believe that Mardi Gras is just a broad holiday that can be celebrated whenever instead of celebrating on the actual historical date and preserving it's meaning.

I mean whatever, at the end of the day this is the first parade at the park in nearly a decade so at least we actually have one that we can look forward to. I just feel like this was in a little bit of poor taste in respect to the actual timing of the holiday and preserving it's meaning for people that do celebrate the holiday for its religious aspect, especially for a park that seems to be very engaged with it's Christian guests with the Christian Family Days concerts and private events and such.