TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I know JL:BFM is at SFStL . . . .

So for those that have been on it . . . what's the experience like? How many times did you ride? How long did you have to wait in line?

I'm looking forward to it at SFGAdv (not sure when it'll be open)

I did it two or three times last year with at least an hour wait each time. I think I'd only do it again if the wait is 30 minutes at the most. I think having both sides being 3d screens(like harry potter, Jurassic park, etc) would have been much more immersive.

I know JL:BFM is at SFStL . . . .

So for those that have been on it . . . what's the experience like? How many times did you ride? How long did you have to wait in line?

I'm looking forward to it at SFGAdv (not sure when it'll be open)

It's a 3D Sally shooting dark ride, so if you've been on one of those, you have a good starting point of what to expect.

The queue sets up the story, in which all the members of thr Justice league have gone missing except Cyborg. Cyborg entreats you the rider to help locate them. When you enter the station, you'll see a giant animatronic Cyborg that is seriously impressive. You'll be given 3D glasses, then take your place in the vehicle, which has 2 rows of 3 seats.

The ride itself is a mixture of 3D and physical sets, with a couple great animatronics. I won't spoil any of the ride itself here; there are plenty of onride videos if you're interested.

The queue is frequently an hour or more, and since Great Adventure is a much better attended park, I would prepare for very long lines at least through its first season.

It ran earlier this season, then it went down a couple of weeks ago.

Does the Boomerang have problems frequently? I'll probably be going to Six Flags St. Louis this summer since I live only five hours away and I actually really love riding Boomerang coasters and I love to ride this one.

Diskos are one of the cooler looking flats out there and the park crowds are drawn in by them.

Even though there aren't multi-colored lights like Fireball, seeing it lit up last night was cool. It's been running a lot lately as the park prepares for media day this week. It's crazy to think that when I started in 2013, that area has gone from a rotting ride with some old facades to a very colorful midway with two fantastic family flats (a washer and a drier).

Maybe. But Ninja still chews up crowds and Joker isn't terribly unpopular. The carousel needed rehab 15 years ago

I know, talking about beating a dead (wooden) horse.

That Ninja/Buccaneer dead end always felt intentional. Like they originally were going to expand out a new midway there.

I was at the park for the last few hours of operations last night. I agree with others that the area by Ninja/Batman was one of the only areas that felt dead, compared to the rest of the park. This was my first warm visit in years. We had a lot of fun and left wanting more. There's really only one thing this park is missing... I might post a short TR on Wednesday or Thursday when I'm off.

Where would we move the carousel to highlight it?

Has there been talk about remodeling the entrance plaza? Yeah the fingerprint pavilion is newish but that's it. I could see pushing items further out towards the fountain and the carousel could literally be there first thing you walk by Great America-style. But man would that be a lot of work.

There's room across from the palace and that area is dead most of the year, but Fright Fest and holiday in the park use it.

Edit: Also. Not an idea for a location here, just another thought I've had. What does Old Glory do for the park these days besides besides eat a plot of land that'd easily fit a coaster? Am I counting correctly that there are only 3 shows scheduled this year?

Where would we move the carousel to highlight it?

Has there been talk about remodeling the entrance plaza? Yeah the fingerprint pavilion is newish but that's it. I could see pushing items further out towards the fountain and the carousel could literally be there first thing you walk by Great America-style. But man would that be a lot of work.

There's room across from the palace and that area is dead most of the year, but Fright Fest and holiday in the park use it.

Edit: Also. Not an idea for a location here, just another thought I've had. What does Old Glory do for the park these days besides besides eat a plot of land that'd easily fit a coaster? Am I counting correctly that there are only 3 shows scheduled this year?

I've been saying for years to move the Carousel in front of the Palace closer to the train station. There'd still be room on both sides for landscaping and decorating for the seasonal events... I even brought it up to corporate years ago when they were in town for a town hall meeting. I was told that was a good idea to be looked in to... I guess in one ear and out the other since it's been 8 or 9 years since I asked.

If I remember right, a remodel of the entrance plaza was planned a couple of seasons ago when Dave was still Park President. Not so sure anymore, but I would think it still is, at least somewhat. I think it was talked about in this thread at some point.

If I remember right, a remodel of the entrance plaza was planned a couple of seasons ago when Dave was still Park President. Not so sure anymore, but I would think it still is, at least somewhat. I think it was talked about in this thread at some point.

Back around 2009, 2010, 2011, there was a BIG plan. Starting with metal detection getting a permanent pavilion type structure. Then a new building to house season pass processing with its own entrance to the park, then upgraded Guest Relations, Ticket Booths and Front Gate. They also would have repaved all asphalt and concrete from Metal Detection all the way up through the front mall... if memory serves correct, i think a small sliver of catering grove would have needed a little modification to accommodate for the season pass processing building. The only thing I can't remember was if the large fountain by metal detection was to stay, go, or get modified. I know there was serious talk about it at that time, I'm just not sure if it even ever made it on blue prints. The idea has floated around some more in recent years, but again, not quite sure how deep into thought it has gone

Here is a cropped photo of how well it would fit across from the Palace near the Train Station

I love this idea, it would look fantastic there! I don't think I'm a fan of how that area around Spinsanity is starting to look, but if they moved the carousel nearby and redid that plaza, I think it would offset that a bit.

Like you, I'm not a big fan of spinning, but it looks like it spins slow enough with a large enough diameter to be tolerable. I saw it testing during our visit and I definitely want to give it a try.

Josh, did you survive the B-Roll shoots?