TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

In my opinion, TLC is different from a complete overhaul and new trains. If it's TLC you're looking for, paint the ride/trains, freshen up the queue, give it a new sign, and make it look as good as the ride can for as little money as possible. Keep the VR, if you must. It would be pretty costly to remove, which makes me think that when it does finally get removed, it will be replaced with something modern and new. Hence another reason why I don't think it's going anywhere, anytime soon. I'm curious where the old trains for SFOG's Ninja are and if we're going to cannibalize them for spare parts.

Asking again... any ideas on how the crowds will be the Saturday after this coming Saturday? Is anyone else going to be at the park?

Given Six Flags' past, they probably have the old SFOG Ninja trains somewhere and they are using them for parts. I mean they still use parts from Mega Zeph's and Twisted Twins' trains on the Boss' trains.

The only new parts train I've seen is one train from Roar. The park didn't get Medusa's trains after it closed and the last Arrow train the park received was the spare for Boomerang.

Also weren't the old trains on Blue Hawk Vekoma? If they were I doubt very many parts from thpse trains would work on an Arrow.

One of the trains on Blue Hawk was one of the arrow trains from GASM from SFGADV.. It was supposedly the " smoother " train.

I was checking out Six Flags Over Georgia's Justice League POVs and I noticed that while the screens and scenarios were pretty much the same (except for the extra Lex Luthor scene and the new barking dog silhouette effect), the character animations are a lot more fluid. Ragdoll physics were also added to Joker's henchman and the LexBots now explode as well. I was wondering, since both versions run on the same engine (Unreal Engine 4), is it a possibility that Six Flags St Louis' ride system would be upgraded to match the new versions?

The cycle time for this closing crew on Freeze is unacceptable. Over 3 minutes - horrible capacity at that speed with one side open.

Literally no more than 5 launches in the final 20 minutes, and I only counted 4. No technical issues, only one oversized guest.

The cycle time for this closing crew on Freeze is unacceptable. Over 3 minutes - horrible capacity at that speed with one side open.

Literally no more than 5 launches in the final 20 minutes, and I only counted 4. No technical issues, only one oversized guest.

Are there metrics that Six Flags reviews to see how well (or poor) their guest throughput is? I've always assumed yes, but maybe not?

In my opinion, TLC is different from a complete overhaul and new trains. If it's TLC you're looking for, paint the ride/trains, freshen up the queue, give it a new sign, and make it look as good as the ride can for as little money as possible. Keep the VR, if you must. It would be pretty costly to remove, which makes me think that when it does finally get removed, it will be replaced with something modern and new. Hence another reason why I don't think it's going anywhere, anytime soon. I'm curious where the old trains for SFOG's Ninja are and if we're going to cannibalize them for spare parts.

Asking again... any ideas on how the crowds will be the Saturday after this coming Saturday? Is anyone else going to be at the park?

Given Six Flags' past, they probably have the old SFOG Ninja trains somewhere and they are using them for parts. I mean they still use parts from Mega Zeph's and Twisted Twins' trains on the Boss' trains.

The only new parts train I've seen is one train from Roar. The park didn't get Medusa's trains after it closed and the last Arrow train the park received was the spare for Boomerang.

Also weren't the old trains on Blue Hawk Vekoma? If they were I doubt very many parts from thpse trains would work on an Arrow.

One of the trains on Blue Hawk was one of the arrow trains from GASM from SFGADV.. It was supposedly the " smoother " train.

When I rode the Blue Hawk last year one of the things that surprised me was that it was running on Arrow wheels on the new Vekoma trains; therefore, I would conclude that there might be other interchangeable parts. It doesn't surprise me if the Arrow train was smoother than the original Vekoma train due to my experience on WOF Boomerang (all around painful).

In my view, I don't see the down side of buying the new Vekoma trains for the Ninja. Even if the coaster is only going to be here for less than 5 years, there still lots of Arrow and Vekoma shuttle coasters still in Six Flags line up that would benefit from it after Ninja is gone. Frankly the trains were the only thing that made Blue Hawk tolerable. The layout on Blue Hawk is weird. It is like they wanted to create a big knot out of steel track and it lacks a good airtime drop hill like SFSTL's Ninja has at the beginning. I still prefer the Ninja in its current form over Blue Hawk.

They ran one Vekoma train and one Arrow train in 2011 (both were running at Deep South Bash that year). In 2012 both trains were Arrow trains from SFGAdv.

I wonder if Blue Hawk's new trains are the old chassis with new bodies/restraints. It would make it cheaper than buying new trains, so maybe more SF parks will upgrade their rides.

It ran earlier this season, then it went down a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sorry, I must be really out of the loop....so it has been open to the public this season?

That's why I asked if the park was waiting on a replacement part to come in a few days ago. There are certain things you don't keep spares on hand for, but it can take a few weeks for some things to be manufactured and shipped.

I know JL:BFM is at SFStL . . . .

So for those that have been on it . . . what's the experience like? How many times did you ride? How long did you have to wait in line?

I'm looking forward to it at SFGAdv (not sure when it'll be open)