TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

This is the best SFSTL opening weekend video I've seen yet! There's a good bit of Spinsanity footage, as well as the newly painted Log Flume!

Can't say I appreciate the video one bit considering how many times he had his camera out on the ride....

Same. And to reply to RKO: It doesn't matter if it is a GoPro. This rider is putting himself, fellow Guests, and park employees in danger. I would highly suggest Sportsdude to take the video out of his post, as this kind of blatant disregard for safety & park policies should not be rewarded by more YouTube views due to exposure given on this site. People don't realize just how dangerous filming (or having any loose items out) on a ride can be. I don't care if you have a GoPro. Your GoPro wasn't designed for coasters specifically and no matter how good you think you have it secured, there's always a chance. This is my biggest pet peeve.

But moving on, if anyone is at the park on Good Friday the 14th, Superman will finally be open for the season! Plus, on the 14th (in addition to school-group only dates on some Wednesdays & Fridays this Spring), yours truly might be operating the main panel.

Does this park have any single rider lines?

Yes for a few rides. Fireball and Justice League have one. I want to say Skyscreamer's fast pass line is also a single rider line but i can't fully remember.

Looks like I'm heading to park on Friday as I'm off work half the day. How are Good Friday crowds typically? The weather is looking decent enough.

Given that it's good Friday, I'd expect the park to be busier Han usually due to the locals with the day off.

Spent a few hours at the park on Friday and it was a great time. The paint jobs look great, particularly Pandemonium which looks new. Spinsanity looks really good and save for paint on the queue, it looks like it could be open at any time. It will be a great addition to that side of the park. If and when Tidal Wave goes bye-bye for something new in the near future, that whole side of the park would be in fantastic shape.

I know its been said before, but it shouldn't take as long as it does to get people into the park. Saturday morning was a mess, and it was still a mess when we left at 2:30. For management, you'd think there would be a sense of urgency to get people thru the turnstiles (to spend money). I'm not talking about the bag check or security, I'm talking about scanning tickets and passes. Why not have 2 people at each station, one scanning and the other prepping the next person in line? Better yet, why don't employees just scan passes? Part of the issue is guests lining up the bar code themselves, then having to do the finger print. It takes too long. Why not simplify it for the guests so they only have to do the finger print?

I can't imagine what this is like on a Saturday in July (we know better than to go then)

Yeah, the scanning at entrance took forever on Friday. Also, while the ride staff was amazing during our visit (seriously, all lines were flying and everyone was in great spirits) the food service was ridiculously bad. So bad that my wife actually gave them a scathing survey for that part of the experience as a good hour of the day was spent in line at different stands, despite crowds that weren't bad.

I rarely ever order food at the park, and this just reaffirmed that. It looked like the hold-up was people using the meal passes as all the ops were completely confused by them. Somehow it took them much longer to process those transactions versus those with cash.

I'm generally pretty easy to please and I go to the park for the rides, with food as a complete afterthought (and the ride ops were awesome!) but good gosh, the food service was so terrible it bares mentioning. Hopefully that's just because it's a lot of new staff still learning the ropes.

On a more positive note, American Thunder felt like it was running smoother and faster than it ever has...and it's always been a great coaster. Hell of a time on it. As a shocker, Ninja felt MUCH smoother than before as well. My daughter said the same thing. Did it get any love during the offseason or did the stars just align? I didn't even bang my head!

For those old Arrow trains does ride quality just come down to new wheels making the guide and upstops ride closer to the track so there's less room for the train to rattle around? Or does the structure literally break in?

Question: Why is Six Flags so reluctant to RMC The Boss? It should be a prime candidate for it.

Is six flags even going to get any RMCs anytime soon? Im speculating that now RMC is working with cedar fair for coasters in 2018 we are going to see a lot more RMCs at cedar fair parks before six flags again. Like for B&M, six flags has only done one new coaster that wasnt a relocation/conversion (x-flight) in 2012, then the one before that was tatsu in 2006 (just going off wikipedia, I could be wrong). Cedar fair also has received a new B&M from 2012-16.

^ I should point out that Rattler at SFFT lost quite a bit of length during it's conversion. But no one seems to be complaining about the result. I think the real reason the park doesn't convert The Boss is down to SF corporate. After all, this is SFSTL we're talking here. It's not as if SF is willing to spend tons of money on a park they consider less important than other parks in the chain. SF could ante up and spend the money needed to make a truly spectacular RMC Boss conversion. But, like I said, this is SFSTL, not SFMM.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Mr Freeze was being a bit temperamental today. I was on a train that stopped short of the end of the track in the station and sat about 8 minutes waiting for maintenance to give us a push.

This about 15 minutes after they shut the line because of another stoppage.

A friend of mine got stuck on one of the trains outside of the station yesterday on Freeze, waiting about 15 mins to get a push. She says maintenance told them emergency brakes were deployed as it had built up too much static electricity due to higher than normal speeds.

The getting stuck just short of the end inside the station thing happened to the group right after us back in 2015 actually, (go back like 500 or so pages back if you want to see the picture, lol) so it's definitely not a new problem, but I'm super lucky I wasn't in the group that had to sit for 10 minutes, that's for sure. I wonder if there's some way to fix the issue of static electricity building up or whatever that hasn't been figured out yet, but it's so rare of an occurrence that it just might not be that much of a priority considering it's not putting people at risk, but it's definitely an inconvenience and annoying to the guests and the employees that have to deal with it when it does happen.