TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The same reason ride photos are removed from every other ride in existence... because they weren't making enough money on Ninja and Batman photos to justify paying to maintain the equipment and paying someone to sit in the booth all day.

I get the novelty of this I guess - but I never thought the photos were very good anyway - I think they are still on the log flume.

Never liked them - personally I don't want my photo taken while on any ride unless for security purposes - I cant' believe they make any money off them, way way over priced considering the actual cost of production nowadays with digital. I guess if your in vacation mode you will spend like that.

Kevin

Is there a reason that SFSTL removed on ride photos from Batman, Ninja, etc?

Maybe the photos at Ninja were not selling very well. . . I bet it had something to do with everyone's face being covered by a giant phone strapped to their head? . . . But really though.

Quick question guys.

So im planning (or trying to plan) a birthday weekend trip to St. Louis. Friday would be driving to St. Louis and going to a Reds/Cardinals game (Go Reds!), Saturday would be a full day at the park and Sunday would be spent heading back to Ohio.

What are some good places to stay, rides to hit and rides to not even think about riding, good places to eat at the park and best places for souvenirs at a good value.

Quick question guys.

So im planning (or trying to plan) a birthday weekend trip to St. Louis. Friday would be driving to St. Louis and going to a Reds/Cardinals game (Go Reds!), Saturday would be a full day at the park and Sunday would be spent heading back to Ohio.

What are some good places to stay, rides to hit and rides to not even think about riding, good places to eat at the park and best places for souvenirs at a good value.

Kind of depends on when you're going. It could be a bring a friend free weekend(avoid if you can), or maybe a ride could be down(either the website or the app usually shows that). If it's a busy day, I would avoid Justice League, as every time I've ridden, it's been at least an hour wait(basically if you walk by it and see people in the line outside). I didn't do the Ninja/3d thing, but I've heard it's a very long wait.

Hey guys! My home park is SFGAm. I'm planning a trip to SFStL in April (Easter weekend, 15-16) as I've heard easter weekend is dead due to Church and stuff. Here are my questions:

1. What rides to avoid? I've already been to Sfgams Justice League, so I'll skip theirs. Ninja might also be on the skip list.

2. If crowds are somehow huge, what's the best way to navigate the park at opening?

3. Is the FP worth it? It only includes like 5 rides.

4. What should I expect for crowds?

Thanks to anyone that helps

Hey guys! My home park is SFGAm. I'm planning a trip to SFStL in April (Easter weekend, 15-16) as I've heard easter weekend is dead due to Church and stuff. Here are my questions:

1. What rides to avoid? I've already been to Sfgams Justice League, so I'll skip theirs. Ninja might also be on the skip list.

2. If crowds are somehow huge, what's the best way to navigate the park at opening?

Glad you're coming down! The two parks are quite different; the only coaster they both have is Batman, and ours is a mirror image of the one in Chicago, so it even feels a bit different.

I haven't been on Justice League in Chicago, but I would expect it's identical and therefore skippable. I would also recommend skipping Boomerang and Ninja. They're just not good, and your time is better spent on other rides.

I wouldn't expect huge crowds that weekend. The waterpark is a big draw, so attendance is low until it opens. If crowds are larger than usual, get a Flash Pass; otherwise, don't worry.

I tell people to start with American Thunder and work your way around clockwise. That puts some of the lower capacity rides like American Thunder and Pandemonium early in your day.

As for flats, if you like spinning or flipping rides, don't miss Excalibur. It's a nearly unique flat. Sky Screamer is really good too. Don't worry if Superman is down; Great America's drop tower is better (and ours is down a lot).

Have fun!

Glad you're coming down! The two parks are quite different; the only coaster they both have is Batman, and ours is a mirror image of the one in Chicago, so it even feels a bit different.

I haven't been on Justice League in Chicago, but I would expect it's identical and therefore skippable. I would also recommend skipping Boomerang and Ninja. They're just not good, and your time is better spent on other rides.

I wouldn't expect huge crowds that weekend. The waterpark is a big draw, so attendance is low until it opens. If crowds are larger than usual, get a Flash Pass; otherwise, don't worry.

I tell people to start with American Thunder and work your way around clockwise. That puts some of the lower capacity rides like American Thunder and Pandemonium early in your day.

As for flats, if you like spinning or flipping rides, don't miss Excalibur. It's a nearly unique flat. Sky Screamer is really good too. Don't worry if Superman is down; Great America's drop tower is better (and ours is down a lot).

Have fun!

Justice League in St Louis is not identical to Chicago. The screens are the same, but the practical stuff is somewhat different, and the path the cars follow is different. The overall effect is not exactly the same.

Boss still draws large lines, is a capacity monster, and still ranks in the top of Gold Ticket Awards 50 wooden roller coasters list (currently ranked at 31). Every conversion thus far, except Texas Giant, either never cracked the top 50 or hadn't been on the list in years. Parks don't remove popular rides unless they have to.

Oh yeah I'm sure a ride's placement in the Golden Ticket Awards top 50 list weighs heavily in the park's decision making process as to whether or not they should RMC it.

Have fun!

Justice League in St Louis is not identical to Chicago. The screens are the same, but the practical stuff is somewhat different, and the path the cars follow is different. The overall effect is not exactly the same.

Okay, fair enough. Then I amend my recommendation to say Justice League first, then American Thunder and proceed as described previously.

Speaking of Justice League. . . Why do I feel like the one at SFOT is far superior to the one at SFStL?

We LOVED the one at SFOT, and it easily places in our top 10 dark rides. . . But after riding the one in St. Louis, we got off of the ride thinking. . . "Yeah, that kind of sucked." I mean, it's not a bad ride, but it sure isn't nearly as good as the one in Dallas.

Have fun!

Thanks! I'll probably ride Batman to get the credit. I've been on 2 BTR clones and they are pretty worth the credit! I'll just skip JL; No need for it as it isn't a credit haha. I have been on one Boomerang (SFFT) and I loved it, so I won't skip the Boomerang there. I might skip ninja depending on time. Thanks for the advice

Speaking of Justice League. . . Why do I feel like the one at SFOT is far superior to the one at SFStL?

We LOVED the one at SFOT, and it easily places in our top 10 dark rides. . . But after riding the one in St. Louis, we got off of the ride thinking. . . "Yeah, that kind of sucked." I mean, it's not a bad ride, but it sure isn't nearly as good as the one in Dallas.

I have ridden both and thought they were very similar, not much difference at all