TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^I hadn't made it to that part of the park yet, but I know that they have been still adding things and making improvements during the week to make the event as good as possible.

That's amazing. After the lights in the AT area that took care of the only real hole in the scenery. They're going all out here.

My nephew is going to be 14 in early summer - thinking of getting him a pass -

What is the park policy for kids being dropped off at the park?

He is not a sh*t head and I am not worried about him causing problems or acting a fool, but I don't want to get him a gift he can't enjoy. Mom and Dad work so he would go with friends or be dropped off by parents. I can't take him and stay with him all the time either and would need to drop him off.

I just don't want him to get hassled on a technicality so if there is park official position it would be nice to know. I hate to just roll the dice and hope he can go and have fun with his friends or if he will require an adult accompanying him all the time.

any help quickly would be much appreciated. any parents drop their kids off? experiences?

much thanks

Kevin

The single rider line for Justice League is fantastic and the ride seemed to be running well. The only effect not working when I rode was the fire.

Is there even fire in this version? I know the one at Great America does but I've never ridden this one with the fire effect on.

There is a fire effect at the end of the animatronic Joker room, and it works most of the time. However, shooting at the fog screen targets hasn't been working for weeks.

My nephew is going to be 14 in early summer - thinking of getting him a pass -

What is the park policy for kids being dropped off at the park?

He is not a sh*t head and I am not worried about him causing problems or acting a fool...

any help quickly would be much appreciated. any parents drop their kids off? experiences?

I am the young age of fifteen and can confirm we are completely capable of roaming around parks. I'd let a kid as young as twelve roam around, especially a somewhat smaller park like St. Louis.

14? Hell, I remember running the park alone with friends when we were 11 or 12 and checking in with our parents occasionally. I'm sure he'll be fine as long as he is behaved, which doesn't sound like an issue.

sad part is I used to work at the park ages ago and I can't remember the policy.

Kevin -

-as I said I am not worried about him behaving or anything I just don't want them to stop him at the gate and ask about parents or guardians if he happens to be out there with a friend or two and no adults in the party.

I appreciate all the input - I was going to get him the meal plan as well then he really can go without a lot of cash.

has anyone here actually left kids all day with no supervision? if so any problems or concerns?

thanks all for the info

Kevin

-as I said I am not worried about him behaving or anything I just don't want them to stop him at the gate and ask about parents or guardians if he happens to be out there with a friend or two and no adults in the party.

I appreciate all the input - I was going to get him the meal plan as well then he really can go without a lot of cash.

has anyone here actually left kids all day with no supervision? if so any problems or concerns?

thanks all for the info

Kevin

I've dropped off my son and friends when they were as young as 12 and no one ever questioned them. He even had to go to guest relations once due to a problem with his pass so it was obvious to those in authority that they were unsupervised. The meal plan is a very good idea because then they really don't need to carry any money.

thanks all for the info

Kevin

I've dropped off my son and friends when they were as young as 12 and no one ever questioned them. He even had to go to guest relations once due to a problem with his pass so it was obvious to those in authority that they were unsupervised. The meal plan is a very good idea because then they really don't need to carry any money.

thanks you that is very helpful

Kevin

This reminds me, once when my entire family had flash passes at Magic Mountain, 3 out of the four left leaving little old me, my fourteen year old self at the time, to return them and get back my mother's driver's license. It went just fine, no questions asked. Just be sure the kid you're giving it to isn't stage fright and will ask or talk to an employee.

While the park was originally scheduled to be open through January 1st, it will now be open on January 2nd (2-8pm that day only). So make sure you drop off all of your ten year olds, twelve year olds, and fourteen year olds to rampage through the park.

I was told that the fireworks were not originally scheduled to happen on NYE but since two of the three days of fireworks during the Fourth of July were cancelled due to weather they moved them to NYE.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Is there a minimum temperature required for them to open? Sunday's high is only supposed to be around 15 degrees. I can't imagine riding anything in those conditions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they close the park in anticipation of the fact that they'll probably lose money by opening that day. If they open I don't really expect any coasters to run, they push the limits to the max but 15 degrees is pretty extreme.