TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

While I've lurked throughout the thread the past several weeks, pardon me for asking questions that have probably been gone over before but I have a friend that works construction (his company has worked in the park before) that has told me a few things he claims he's heard from people in the know. He's been known to BS a good bit before though so I take it all with a grain of sale. Are the Boomerang and the Tidal Wave getting torn down during the off-season? If so, is that where the Spinsanity is going? He also says for 2018 he's heard the Ninja is getting axed and a new coaster, probably a 4D joker, is going in its place? Any voracity to any of that? Kinda bummed if true as good lord people aren't joking about the Boss desperately needing a refurb. That thing practically concusses me and despite it having a cool layout, it's not fun because of how rough it is.

Welcome to TPR. I envy you being intimidated by riding roller coasters. The slight fear was something that used to add to the appeal for me, but I can't remember the last time I felt that edge, with the exception of extreme launches (Dragster) and free falls. If you and your wife are going to venture out, there are plenty of great parks within close reach of St. Louis. I highly recommend King's Island (Cincinnati), Six Flags Great American (Gurnee, Illinois), and Holiday World, (Santa Claus, Indiana). Kentucky Kingdom is also supposed to be a hit, but I haven't been myself. Worlds of Fun in Kansas City is close, but it leaves something to be desired, in my opinion.

As far as your construction rumors go, they don't seem to be anything we haven't been hearing/talking about for several seasons. Boomerang isn't going anywhere any time soon, since it's new to our park. It has been undergoing repairs for the past several months due to a derailment resulting in minor injuries. Tidal Wave, from my knowledge is also here to stay for at least another year. With the exception of circulating rumors within the enthusiast community, no one has confirmed that Ninja is on the chopping block, but I don't think anyone would be shocked if it happened. With or without the Ninja coming down, based on the M.O. of SF Corp I'd bet there's a pretty strong chance we'll see one of the S&S 4D coasters in our park sometime in the near future.

THIS. Also, at this time of year the park has always been completely closed, with no rides running at all.

These are my thoughts as well. I don't think I've ever ridden a roller coaster in December, so I'll gladly settle for Batman and American Thunder. Josh says we're riding Mr. Freeze Wrong Way Blast, but we'll have to see about that. Seeing Mr. Freeze running the wrong way is like seeing your ex girlfriend with her new boyfriend. It will never be the same. Granted it's been eleven years since I've had an ex girlfriend, the cold sting of Freeze turning its back on me (literally) still pains me.

I disagree with you (I actually prefer the Wrong Way Blast version), but that was too well worded not to give a Nina.

Thisdougsforu, welcome--and great choice of avatar!

This is a great hobby, and you're in for a lot of fun. I would suggest making Six Flags Great America in Chicagoland your next new park. First of all, it's free with a Six Flags St. Louis season pass, including whatever add-ons you have like parking and dining. Makes the trip really affordable. Second, they have not only a lot of roller coasters, but a lot of variety. You'll have a chance to try out different kinds and see what you like best.

After that, I'd suggest a trip with Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World. They're all in basically a straight line, and they're also very different from each other. Kentucky Kingdom can be done in one day, but I'd suggest two at Holiday World and Kings Island.

I would also highly recommend a trip to Silver Dollar City during the Christmas festival, since you mentioned you enjoyed SFStL's Holiday in the Park. Since you are one to enjoy a beer, keep in mind that Silver Dollar City and Holiday World are both dry parks.

Plenty of us have been all over the Midwest, so read a lot of trip reports, keep an eye on the thread for a park you're planning to visit, and ask anything you need to know.

What does the work around American Thunder look like? I'm not able to go today

There was a photo on that report that I posted a link to above your post

That was from last week. It has been said more got added over the past week.

What does the work around American Thunder look like? I'm not able to go today

There was a photo on that report that I posted a link to above your post

That was from last week. It has been said more got added over the past week.

Ok. When I get done with my show at the Fox I'll head out there afterwards (if the weather improves) and check it out.

The colored flood lights illuminating the trees and coasters reminds me of a typical night at a Cedar Fair park. I really hope SF takes a page out of the HITP book and decides to add some more lighting enhancements during the regular operating season. American Thunder would look sharp with several of these flood lights operating all season.

The floodlight was there last week

The flood lights lighting the trees were there last week, along with the lights making patterns on the ground. The flood light on American Thunder and the red white and blue lights outlining the buildings were not there last weekend, those are all new.

We were at Holiday in The Park this Saturday, walked into Primo's near The Boss, counted 7 staff members in the kitchen and out of those 7 only 2 were actually helping guests, the other five stood there and talked. 6 people in front of us and still took 25-30 minutes for food. Other than that the event seemed to be really well; just very different to be in the park in December.

108078230_ScreenShot2016-12-05at10_09_27AM.png.2b679dbc4ce34a8c54cf83ccb960e205.png

Thanks for the welcome and advice on the previous pages. SF Great America and Silver Dollar City are on my hit list for sure next year! I really want to ride Outlaw Run.

Cool to see pics from HITP as I had to leave just after the previous weekend. I'll be heading there again soon enough though and plan to stay all evening.

The colored flood lights illuminating the trees and coasters reminds me of a typical night at a Cedar Fair park. I really hope SF takes a page out of the HITP book and decides to add some more lighting enhancements during the regular operating season. American Thunder would look sharp with several of these flood lights operating all season.

I may be wrong, but I feel like I remember a white flood light shining on American Thunder during the regular season.

While Dave was still park president, we would have lunch or just meet and talk at least once a week. We talked a few times about what you could do with lighting around the park. My favorite Cedar Fair park lighting area would have to be the gemini midway (see below). However, if I think about it, I'd rather see lighting become a five year plan type thing, which would focus that money for the next few years on other things in the park.

groundview.jpg.bd27249a9da7b60d57743ce313f3af45.jpg

overview.jpg.2f87e7cbef7c04ba6b4734262a9b89d5.jpg

HWFan,

Agreed on Gemini Midway. Cedar Point in general has a sort of party atmosphere after dark, but especially in Gemini Midway. I also like that plaza by the front near MaxAir, Windseeker, and the Ferris wheel. All the LEDs in that area give it a bright, exciting vibe.

So last weekend Dave Roemer came back to visit and walk around the park. Apparently he was very happy with how it turned out and was excited the park got this opportunity. I was able to briefly say hi after he watched the light show outside of Palace. Always such an awesome guy to be around. He said that he was going to go tour the park with some of the directors and Pete.

So last weekend Dave Roemer came back to visit and walk around the park. Apparently he was very happy with how it turned out and was excited the park got this opportunity. I was able to briefly say hi after he watched the light show outside of Palace. Always such an awesome guy to be around. He said that he was going to go tour the park with some of the directors and Pete.

Awesome about Dave Roemer coming back. Would love to meet him sometime and talk about evolution of the park. I'll be back visiting family over Christmas and hope to attend HitP.

Do they have any bring a friend free days with 2016 SFStL passes? They did at SFAmerica. Next two Sundays. Along with 2017 pass bring a friend free. Trying to bump attendance I guess. I know BAFF days are only for pass of origin. I have family in the StL area with passes and they don't always follow the emails or check the app.

Second question, can you process (just print out someone elses pass) without registering the fingerprint at the gate? You can at SFGAdv. Goal is to lock in Gold status with discounted price before Christmas. Can the fingerprint then be added at any other park? (I know SFAmerica still uses the picture as ID.)

Final question is at what age at SFStL do they use fingerprint and not picture for the pass. We have two 9 yr olds and a 5 yr old.

Thanks in advance, just want to follow the rules and try not to have too many surprises.

Time for Christmas present shopping.

Awesome about Dave Roemer coming back. Would love to meet him sometime and talk about evolution of the park. I'll be back visiting family over Christmas and hope to attend HitP.

Do they have any bring a friend free days with 2016 SFStL passes? They did at SFAmerica. Next two Sundays. Along with 2017 pass bring a friend free. Trying to bump attendance I guess. I know BAFF days are only for pass of origin. I have family in the StL area with passes and they don't always follow the emails or check the app.

Second question, can you process (just print out someone elses pass) without registering the fingerprint at the gate? You can at SFGAdv. Goal is to lock in Gold status with discounted price before Christmas. Can the fingerprint then be added at any other park? (I know SFAmerica still uses the picture as ID.)

Final question is at what age at SFStL do they use fingerprint and not picture for the pass. We have two 9 yr olds and a 5 yr old.

Thanks in advance, just want to follow the rules and try not to have too many surprises.

Time for Christmas present shopping.

With those questions, I would not listen to anyone else's answers on TPR, even me (and heck, I was even in Guest Relations for a couple years). I know the answers to some of your questions, but they're complicated. Obviously the last thing you would want would be to have confusion when you get to the park to have fun. So, I would do one of two things:

1. You can call and speak with a Guest Relations Team Member seven days a week (Monday through Friday 9:00-5:00 or Saturday & Sunday when the park is open). Their number is 636-938-5300 option 1.

2. If you don't need to know within the next few days, I highly suggest sending a web comment to Guest Relations by following this link. This will allow them to fully answer your question by email when they get a chance, which also saves you from having to possibly wait to speak to them on the phone.