TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

In these forums, there's mixed reviews as to the quality of the SFSTL's Fright Fest haunts. My only such event thus far was at SFGAm in 2014, which also gets mixed reviews (as just about every park's Halloween operations do), but I still liked it. I'm certainly hoping to get down there to check out their Fright Fest for myself. If I don't make it down this month, than perhaps I can see Holiday in the Park, which would be my first ever attended amusement park related to Christmas.

In these forums, there's mixed reviews as to the quality of the SFSTL's Fright Fest haunts. My only such event thus far was at SFGAm in 2014, which also gets mixed reviews (as just about every park's Halloween operations do), but I still liked it. I'm certainly hoping to get down there to check out their Fright Fest for myself. If I don't make it down this month, than perhaps I can see Holiday in the Park, which would be my first ever attended amusement park related to Christmas.

Never did the Fright Fest haunted houses, but if you'd only be going for those, I'd say do scarefest instead, specifically The Darkness and Creepyworld. Hoping to do Fright Fest this year, but it could be bad timing, since if anytime, it would be a Sunday, but they're only open until 8(thought they were open till 10 last year).

Never did the Fright Fest haunted houses, but if you'd only be going for those, I'd say do scarefest instead, specifically The Darkness and Creepyworld. Hoping to do Fright Fest this year, but it could be bad timing, since if anytime, it would be a Sunday, but they're only open until 8(thought they were open till 10 last year).

They have closed at 8 on Sundays since at least 2010, not sure about before then. AS for the Darkness and Creepyworld, there props looked very nice and the scenes were well designed for the most part, Creepyworld not near as well as the darkness, but as for actual scare actors, I think Six Flags might actually have them beat. Now I'm not very impressed with SF houses but after going to both the darkness and creepyworld I found them even more understaffed and the majority of the "scares" were just them cocking their heads and then after you pass them they might scream.

So I might be going to Fright Fest on the 19th. Does the entrance have a point to where it closes or does it close when the park does?

That sucker is open just about to the end. At least to the one hour before closing mark.

Probably later, but I try to stay away from the entrance and get precious short wait rides in before I have to leave.

Just got back from a trip to the park. Fright Fest is always my favorite part of the season. The crowds weren't too bad. Lines for rides were 20 min max, and we waited 15 min for chicken at Mooseburger.

Scare zones were fun. Plenty of actors out tonight, all of which were very active and into their roles. The zombie area is weird though. Not sure why a guy in an athletic uniform with a little bit of makeup is supposed to be scary. Cannibals and clowns were great at chasing people around and one girl in my group was singled out by them multiple times.

Quick question- what's up with the new clown location? Is there a reason they didn't return to the Batman location or their previous one near the soundstage? I like the feeling of it being tucked away, but almost all of the old theming elements seem to be gone. All that was set up were string lights and some sewer tunnels left over from Insanity Alley.

I hope to go through the haunted houses next weekend.

Just got back from a trip to the park. Fright Fest is always my favorite part of the season. The crowds weren't too bad. Lines for rides were 20 min max, and we waited 15 min for chicken at Mooseburger.

Scare zones were fun. Plenty of actors out tonight, all of which were very active and into their roles. The zombie area is weird though. Not sure why a guy in an athletic uniform with a little bit of makeup is supposed to be scary. Cannibals and clowns were great at chasing people around and one girl in my group was singled out by them multiple times.

Quick question- what's up with the new clown location? Is there a reason they didn't return to the Batman location or their previous one near the soundstage? I like the feeling of it being tucked away, but almost all of the old theming elements seem to be gone. All that was set up were string lights and some sewer tunnels left over from Insanity Alley.

Clowns were relocated due to it being a blacklight theme. Batman plaza had too much ambient light that the black lights did not work properly. The sewers are not from Insanity Alley, Night terrors still uses them. These are in addition too those, plus there are like 5 more large tunnels sitting on the backroad to use if needed.

So after a few weeks of having a rep from Vekoma at the park on and off the train for Boomerang has been put back on, and on the loop you can see probably and additional 20 or so braces from the spine to the rails. They are still bare metal and there are two large lifts sitting next to the ride.

So after a few weeks of having a rep from Vekoma at the park on and off the train for Boomerang has been put back on, and on the loop you can see probably and additional 20 or so braces from the spine to the rails. They are still bare metal and there are two large lifts sitting next to the ride.

All New For 2019:

^

Clowns were relocated due to it being a blacklight theme. Batman plaza had too much ambient light that the black lights did not work properly. The sewers are not from Insanity Alley, Night terrors still uses them. These are in addition too those, plus there are like 5 more large tunnels sitting on the backroad to use if needed.

Where were the clowns moved to?

30+ min? Pff. I was there today and it had atleast a 45 min wait when I rode it mid-afternoon. I passed by it later on the train and saw that the line had effectively doubled, with all switchbacks being used. Yuck.

Early afternoon today was fantastic: everything in the back was a 10-15 min station wait up until 3ish.

Yesterday was the busiest day the park has had in several years. The lines were long everywhere but with just shy of 27,000 people in the park they kept up pretty well, food not so much but that's a problem even on a 5,000 day...

Yeah I'm actually pretty impressed. And that is with Superman at less than half capacity and no Boomerang.

I will say Batman ops has gotten incredibly hit or miss though. The item policy in particular really increasing dispatch times - we desperately need the Great America lock boxes.

Went to the park yesterday with some friends. Never have experienced FF so they were not expecting it to have nearly 27,000 people as Castaway Kid had said. Food lines moved very quickly and thankfully my favorite quick stops were mostly barren! One of my main problems was the pathways being practically full at about 7. The lines of the Haunted Houses could have been planned better and not go straight across major pathways. When the actors arrived on the train I was in line for Batman so I got a good look, and some great looking costumes!

Got rides on Freeze, Mine Train, and Batman. Operations were fairly good but many rides went down including: Mine Train, Batman, Fireball, American Thunder and possibly more. I did notice a few workers inspecting or maybe fixing the loop of Boomerang, which is a good sign! (Batman and Mine Train broke down while I was in line, go figure ) Lines were no longer than 45 minutes on any ride, which is not bad in my opinion.

The Haunted Houses were quite good in my opinion. Night Terrors, Blind Fury, and The Slaughterhouse were all really good! While Deadly Detour had the longest line I thought it was the most lacking of them all, depending greatly on the explosions. Overall they used the space they had effectively and put together some great Haunted Houses.

Just a heads up for anyone planning on coming to the park this weekend, this weekend is historically the busiest weekend of Fright Fest and the whole season. But then again, the weather is going to be awesome and there is plenty to do besides waiting in ride line... like watching some of the shows, waiting in food lines, going to a haunted house, waiting in guest relations line to complain about food lines, and looking at the décor!

This should be an awesome weekend.

Just a heads up for anyone planning on coming to the park this weekend, this weekend is historically the busiest weekend of Fright Fest and the whole season. But then again, the weather is going to be awesome and there is plenty to do besides waiting in ride line... like watching some of the shows, waiting in food lines, going to a haunted house, waiting in guest relations line to complain about food lines, and looking at the décor!

Wouldve thought it would be NEXT weekend. I went to Creepyworld on Sunday and it wasn't too crowded. Only annoyance was the group in front of me that screamed at everything.

Wouldve thought it would be NEXT weekend. I went to Creepyworld on Sunday and it wasn't too crowded. Only annoyance was the group in front of me that screamed at everything.

Actually the last weekend of Fright Fest is almost always the lowest in attendance. It will probably be a little busier than the last few years next weekend since Halloween is not on an operating day. Halloween is a ghost town at the park... pun slightly intended.

Actually the last weekend of Fright Fest is almost always the lowest in attendance. It will probably be a little busier than the last few years next weekend since Halloween is not on an operating day. Halloween is a ghost town at the park... pun slightly intended.

ohhh good, since I plam to go on friday and maybe sunday.

What a complete letdown, it was waste of time and money. Never again!

I suppose we were spoiled by the fact that we just spent a week at Universal Orlando and did HHN26 for 3 nights. It's not even that, though. The houses and scare zones were worthless. What is the point of having a house set up to scare you and only have 2 or maybe 3 actors in the entire thing?? And to charge $25-$35 for a house pass? What a rip off! Not to mention, standing in a food ordering line for 45 minutes, only to get to the point of order and being told it would be an hour before the food would be ready. Six Flags is clearly not set up for an event (if you want to call it that) of this type.

Oh, and you want a soda? Well good luck with that!

Six Flags should be EMBARRASSED by putting on an event like this!

Food lines moved very quickly and thankfully my favorite quick stops were mostly barren!...

...The Haunted Houses were quite good in my opinion. Night Terrors, Blind Fury, and The Slaughterhouse were all really good! While Deadly Detour had the longest line I thought it was the most lacking of them all, depending greatly on the explosions. Overall they used the space they had effectively and put together some great Haunted Houses.

I suppose we were spoiled by the fact that we just spent a week at Universal Orlando and did HHN26 for 3 nights. It's not even that, though. The houses and scare zones were worthless...

...Six Flags should be EMBARRASSED by putting on an event like this!

Wow. These two reviews couldn't possibly be more contradictory. Maybe it's a case of unrealistic expectations? I mean... it's Six Flags during Fright Fest. You should expect horrendous food service from any restaurant that accepts the dining plan at this point. It doesn't make it okay, but you should really expect it.

No luck needed. I'll get it at 30 seconds from a vending machine. This is why I don't buy the dining plan, I'd rather pay more for convenience of eating at places that don't accept it (and therefore have reasonable food lines) and getting soda from vending machines. I'm assuming you have the dining plan because if you were really just in that line for soda then you're certifiably insane.

I'm not justifying the crappiness of Six Flags service but if you show up during Fright Fest not expecting huge waits then that's kind of on you.

Food lines moved very quickly and thankfully my favorite quick stops were mostly barren!...

...The Haunted Houses were quite good in my opinion. Night Terrors, Blind Fury, and The Slaughterhouse were all really good! While Deadly Detour had the longest line I thought it was the most lacking of them all, depending greatly on the explosions. Overall they used the space they had effectively and put together some great Haunted Houses.

I suppose we were spoiled by the fact that we just spent a week at Universal Orlando and did HHN26 for 3 nights. It's not even that, though. The houses and scare zones were worthless...

...Six Flags should be EMBARRASSED by putting on an event like this!

Wow. These two reviews couldn't possibly be more contradictory. Maybe it's a case of unrealistic expectations? I mean... it's Six Flags during Fright Fest. You should expect horrendous food service from any restaurant that accepts the dining plan at this point. It doesn't make it okay, but you should really expect it.

No luck needed. I'll get it at 30 seconds from a vending machine. This is why I don't buy the dining plan, I'd rather pay more for convenience of eating at places that don't accept it (and therefore have reasonable food lines) and getting soda from vending machines. I'm assuming you have the dining plan because if you were really just in that line for soda then you're certifiably insane.

I'm not justifying the crappiness of Six Flags service but if you show up during Fright Fest not expecting huge waits then that's kind of on you.

Oh, I expected it, trust me. I expected the line to be 30-45 minutes. What I didn't expect was the hour wait after ordering. And we did take our 2016 Soda bottle but never waited in those lines. I just took pics of the insanity.