TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Not to get too far off topic here, but I'm with coasterbill on this one...I had no idea about the height restriction on those two coasters.

Pony Express was about the tamest ride I have ever ridden. I was expecting something like MotoCoaster and then realized that it basically is a launched out and back kiddie coaster. We were almost embarrassed when we got off like we had somehow whored ourselves onto a kiddy coaster without even trying.

I ride Wacky Worms for the credit while parents look at me with caution and concern. Sometimes I even put my hands up and get excited about it, so your Pony Express credit whoring moment is acceptable in comparison.

Having never been on a the PE...could this size restriction simply be about the restraints? We live in litigious times, my friends. However, my family and I doing six days at DLR, and I'm considering ubering over to Knotts for a day.

My daughter is only 46 inches though...maybe next year.

No ponies...

Pony Express is weaker than the standard model but honestly I think it's an underrated ride. It's not amazing but it's better than people give it credit for.

My biggest issue with Pony Express is the height restriction. If it was 42" it would make PERFECT sense. But at 48" the ride is claiming it's a bit more extreme than your true "family" coaster which it is not. Same issue I have with Jaguar (which used to be 42" then it was later raised to 48")

I'm surprised it would be 48". It doesn't look at all like the sort of ride that would. Really, it just looks cool and is completely different from anything else I've ever seen. I'm not expecting insane intensity. That I will get from Xcelerator.

It's incredibly entertaining. I can't imagine the activity we'll have if we ever get a new coaster. The concoction of cheer mixed with splashes of bitching will truly be an experience likely more satisfying than the ride itself. It will be... the perfect storm...

Edited by prozach626

Does American Thunder still kick A$$? If "no" then I'm definitely not trekking down like a fool to St. Louis for the Christmas shindig.

Sure does!!!!

That little thing is way more fun than you'd expect for its size.

Yes, yes. That's what she said.

We will also be at the ACE event that day. From past experience you won't need much of a strategy in September, even on a Saturday, other than go ride Justice League first thing OR plan on using the single rider line. The days between Labor Day weekend and Frightfest are usually fairly low attendance.

I believe that with school back in full swing you don't get the people coming in from the small towns for a long weekend AND Frightfest is such a huge huge event here that a lot of people save up their park time/dollars for that.

On September 17th, I'll be at SFStL for the ACE event. Besides some evening ERT, I was hoping that I could get some tips and possibly a strategy for hitting all the coasters and good rides on a September Saturday

I went to the same event two years ago. Lines were just fine for all rides. Get rides in on the rides not on ERT first. I would hit JL first thing.

Yeah, Justice League first is a given.

Here is my current plan of attack:

1. Justice League

2. Mr. Freeze

3. Boss

4. Screamin' Eagle

5. Batman The Ride

6. American Thunder

7. Xcalibur

8. Pandemonium

9. River King Mine Train

10. Ninja

If they are running only one train on some coasters (which they might be in Sept) then I would put the 4 coasters on ERT at the bottom of your list because you will get so many rides on them after hours.

Does American Thunder still kick A$$? If "no" then I'm definitely not trekking down like a fool to St. Louis for the Christmas shindig.

Sure does!!!!

That little thing is way more fun than you'd expect for its size.

Yes, yes. That's what she said.

Ok, so I feel like someone should point out that American Thunder won't be open for HIP. According to the thematic map & renderings, the path from Moon Cars too Log Flume won't be open. Remember, there is only about two weeks of true turnaround time from Fright Fest to HIP. Blind Fury has to completely come down and be replaced by some light lighting, in addition to the entire graveyard in the palace garden be removed. The logistics of everything is being planned out meticulously. I'm getting pretty excited just to see the transformation.