TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I've only ridden four Disk'Os. Pipe Scream(CP), Electro Spin(Coney Island/SDC) and Disk'O(Mount Olympus). Now I really enjoyed Pipe Scream and the two Electro Spins but did not like Disk'O at Mt. Olympus. So if ever go back to SFStL I will definitely ride Spinsanity.

I've been on four as well, Electro Spin (SDC), Surf Dog (KI), Pipe Scream (CP), and Northern Lights (VF). I've said on this thread that Spinsanity isn't enough to get me back to SFStL, but that's only because I already have Electro Spin closer to me. For those of you in St. Louis, these are great rides. And I don't even like spinning rides. You're getting a small addition, sure, but a very good one. As far as bang for the buck goes, Disk'O's are one of the best buys out there.

...I'm glad that SF is finally adding quality flats to their parks like the Disk'O, Giant Discovery, Endeavor, etc.

I had the huge pleasure of meeting and riding around Alabama Splash Adventure with Ramone, who is the main Zamperla rep for the United States. You can tell he's Italian, and he is an extremely smart guy. One thing that I really like about him is how much time he insisted on taking to tour the entire property (even though he'd been there before) and suggest a dozen other small or big non-ride things that the park could do to improve in its look and feel. While we were eating lunch, he told me that SFSL was his next stop (he's from Italy but lives in New York I believe), and that is actually how I found out about the addition.

Zamperla's coasters are...well...ya know... But they have an absolutely fantastic collection of flat rides and kiddie rides. They are good quality and look great. I have absolutely no doubt that Ramone at least talked to the members of management that were present about how to make that whole surrounding area look fantastic. But I guess we'll have to wait until next year to fully see.

I will answer your question since your time on here is short.

His time is already over...

--Robb "Zero tolerance, bitches... zero tolerance..." Alvey

Lmao. Gotta love when Robb takes the trash out.

And I also agree the DiskO that SFStL is getting is a great investment. The parks need a good assortment of flat rides and that's exactly what they're getting. It's nice to see that Six Flags is committing to invest (however small) in their parks rather than going years without some type of new coaster or flat ride. They're coming out of bankruptcy slowly but surely and working with what they have to work with. It may not be a lot, but it's something. *Glass half full*

A Disk-O would be very much welcomed at MiA! Much like a Star Flyer, or frankly, just about anything that a Six Flags park got (and most of the things the CF parks got!) Again, it's all about perspective... It may seem like SFStL is "disrespected", but compared to a park like MiA, it's flush with great rides!

^It's a 40.

Speaking of which, I looked up the dimensions on Zamperla's website and compared them to measurements taken from Google Earth at several different orientations (with the understanding of a margin of error). No matter the orientation, the fit was very tight! The longest orientation was only 10 ft longer than the length of the ride, and in that orientation the horizontal clearance was one 1 ft / side of the ride's dimensions.

This orientation was diagonal from the train tracks to between Johnny Rockets and the Chevy Showcase building.

This was just for fun. My assumptions are that Google's measurements are smaller than actuality.

I will answer your question since your time on here is short.

His time is already over...

--Robb "Zero tolerance, bitches... zero tolerance..." Alvey

I would like to apologize for "starting something" inadvertently, that wasn't my intention. I don't completely agree with some of Six Flags' decisions, but at least I know they're trying, and was just trying defend the park to someone who had nothing to contribute beforehand to the SFSTL board and slam it just because the ride was not liked and had nothing else to back up why, but I may have gone a tad too far.

Zamperla's coasters are...well...ya know...

For the most part you're right, but those pony coasters are amazing and I refuse to let anyone tell me otherwise. Ponies or GTFO

I'm actually seriously excited for Pony Express on Sunday.

LOL, well, congrats, you're the first in years.

Pony Express is weaker than the standard model but honestly I think it's an underrated ride. It's not amazing but it's better than people give it credit for.

I'm firmly in the camp that suggests addition by subtraction at Knotts would be best in that case.

While a Disk-O may not be the giga hyper reverse mule-go-round we've been hoping for, I think it is a great addition to the the park. Plus, Six Flags St Louis was the only park in the chain to get one of these for 2017. These things are fun, the GP should enjoy it and as others have said, it is good to see the continued investment into our park. Will it cause people to flock to Six Flags St Louis to ride it? No. Will it entertain the locals that frequent the park? Sure!

Great to see HWFAN back!

Pony Express is weaker than the standard model but honestly I think it's an underrated ride. It's not amazing but it's better than people give it credit for.

Pony Express is a fun ride and I always think that more coasters is better than fewer coasters. I just wish it was a little longer but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the ride. (That's what she said!) Plus the seating position makes for some great Superman poses!

KBF_PonyExpress.thumb.jpg.0cdb34e4b93463eff01fd8bd7a62db81.jpg

My biggest issue with Pony Express is the height restriction. If it was 42" it would make PERFECT sense. But at 48" the ride is claiming it's a bit more extreme than your true "family" coaster which it is not. Same issue I have with Jaguar (which used to be 42" then it was later raised to 48")

My biggest issue with Pony Express is the height restriction. If it was 42" it would make PERFECT sense. But at 48" the ride is claiming it's a bit more extreme than your true "family" coaster which it is not. Same issue I have with Jaguar (which used to be 42" then it was later raised to 48")

I have to admit that since I don't have kids I've never bothered to check the height requirement but of course that's an excellent point. I'm really surprised to hear that Pony Express has a 48 inch height requirement. That's ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more Robb, it drives me nuts that PE and Jaguar have the same height requirement as Ghostrider, Boomerang, and Montezuma. Jaguar is one of the tamest coasters ever, it makes no sense whatsoever for it to have a 48" height requirement. At the very least, it should be like Sierra Sidewinder and be 42" with an adult.

Sorry for the Knott's sidebar, you may now go back to complaining about SFStl

Not to get too far off topic here, but I'm with coasterbill on this one...I had no idea about the height restriction on those two coasters.

Pony Express was about the tamest ride I have ever ridden. I was expecting something like MotoCoaster and then realized that it basically is a launched out and back kiddie coaster. We were almost embarrassed when we got off like we had somehow whored ourselves onto a kiddy coaster without even trying.

Not to get too far off topic here, but I'm with coasterbill on this one...I had no idea about the height restriction on those two coasters.

Pony Express was about the tamest ride I have ever ridden. I was expecting something like MotoCoaster and then realized that it basically is a launched out and back kiddie coaster. We were almost embarrassed when we got off like we had somehow whored ourselves onto a kiddy coaster without even trying.

.....but did you count the credit anyway? lol