TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

My response to yesterday's announcement: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

More carnival rides, no new coasters, other than rejects from other parks.

There is no wonder I haven't been to my home park in 4 years. Justice League is the only thing they've added in almost a decade that is worth a crap, yet it is. according to every season pass holder I know, either a 2-hour wait or it's closed. The rest are off-the-shelf flat rides that I can experience at a state fair.

SFSTL is becoming a glorified carnival, but with more teens bouncing basketballs and more gum in the queue lines...

I suppose I could say the same about SFOT. In fairness, I must applaud the efforts of Steve Martindale and SFOT Management. They always make sure that our park receives something respectable each year. If it was a Star Flyer, then it would be the 400ft version. If it was flats, then we would get the best flats money could buy. We are still the only SF park to have received a Zamperla Endeavor ride. And ours has twice the seating capacity of the one at Coney. Say what you will about our forth coming S&S 4d Free Fly. At least it's not a Larson Loop or used bumper cars. Hopefully, SFSTL management is planning for something big in the future. Who knows, maybe that RMC T-Rex Giga is on the horizon.

Edited by Sportsdude360

There is no wonder I haven't been to my home park in 4 years. Justice League is the only thing they've added in almost a decade that is worth a crap, yet it is. according to every season pass holder I know, either a 2-hour wait or it's closed. The rest are off-the-shelf flat rides that I can experience at a state fair.

SFSTL is becoming a glorified carnival, but with more teens bouncing basketballs and more gum in the queue lines...

I suppose I could say the same about SFOT. In fairness, I must applaud the efforts of Steve Martindale and SFOT Management. They always make sure that our park receives something respectable each year. If it was a Star Flyer, then it would be the 400ft version. If it was flats, then we would get the best flats money could buy. We are still the only SF park to haved received a Zamperla Endeavor ride. And ours has twice the seating capacity of the one at Coney. Say what you will about our forth coming S&S 4d Free Fly. It least it's not a Larson Loop or used bumper cars. Hopefully, SFSTL management is planning for something big in the future. Who knows, maybe that RMC T-Rex Giga is on the horizon.

To be fair, we've been hearing that "something big is coming" propaganda since like 2008.

It's a forgotten link in the SF chain, dependent on goobers who flock there without any actual awareness that their park is sub-par in the whole SF chain. In other words, the company has no need to add anything of value to our park, because the toothless hillbillies think a boring, one-trick Disk-O or a horrible boomerang is something special.

Face it. We're stuck with this crap. Get used to it. Better yet, plan some roadtrips to actual good parks....

It may feel like deja vu' date=' but we're getting there, I promise.[/quote']

I'll be honest, I couldn't care less. I was just stating fact. If SFSTL does ever get anything better than a used boomerang, great. But until then, I'm not holding my breath or getting excited about any potential announcements.

Thank you for being honest, I was just letting you know I guess. I didn't mean to sound like I was getting all up in your face about my response, though.

I suppose I could say the same about SFOT. In fairness, I must applaud the efforts of Steve Martindale and SFOT Management. They always make sure that our park receives something respectable each year. If it was a Star Flyer, then it would be the 400ft version. If it was flats, then we would get the best flats money could buy. We are still the only SF park to haved received a Zamperla Endeavor ride. And ours has twice the seating capacity of the one at Coney. Say what you will about our forth coming S&S 4d Free Fly. It least it's not a Larson Loop or used bumper cars. Hopefully, SFSTL management is planning for something big in the future. Who knows, maybe that RMC T-Rex Giga is on the horizon.

To be fair, we've been hearing that "something big is coming" propaganda since like 2008.

It's a forgotten link in the SF chain, dependent on goobers who flock there without any actual awareness that their park is sub-par in the whole SF chain. In other words, the company has no need to add anything of value to our park, because the toothless hillbillies think a boring, one-trick Disk-O or a horrible boomerang is something special.

Face it. We're stuck with this crap. Get used to it. Better yet, plan some roadtrips to actual good parks....

Clearly you guys have not been paying attention to what HWFan and myself have been saying, so I will say it one more time. Does the park need a signiture coaster, yes. But the park needed general improvements more. Lets say that in 2013 instead of Boomerang we got a signiture coaster, not the greatest thing ever but an all around good ride. People start flocking to the park that season and see all the things that need painting and repair. Many of those people would leave with the opinion that the ride was good but the park looked terrible and wouldn't return till the next big thing is built which would be years. What they instead are doing is installing small additions to replace aging and unpopular rides and taking the remaining funds and funneling it into general park improvements. This phase should be wrapping up soon just in time for the parks 50th year. I see Spinsanity as a step forward, we have gotten past the point of every addition is a replacement for something and now we are expanding the portfolio. Compare the park today to were it was back in 2012 or 2013 and it is a significant improvement. There is a method to the madness and reasons for the way things are being done. Once you figure out the method you realize that it truly isn't madness at all, but logic.

You obviously haven't been around the park that long as some of us others have, we've been hearing about park improvements for OVER A DECADE and it isn't happening, they have done more than they used to do, but no where CLOSE to what theyve needed to be. As long as they keep doing small park improvements and not large ones, theyll never catch up and theyll always be 3 steps behind. Im not being negative, Im being realistic in the sense that Ive been watching it happen for well over a decade. Ask any maintenance staff, youll see.... Until they invest at MINIMUM of 4-6 million into improvements and hire a ton of contractors to help the full time maintenance staff, the park will continue to be be a semi polished turd.

Clearly you guys have not been paying attention to what HWFan and myself have been saying, so I will say it one more time. Does the park need a signiture coaster, yes. But the park needed general improvements more. Lets say that in 2013 instead of Boomerang we got a signiture coaster, not the greatest thing ever but an all around good ride. People start flocking to the park that season and see all the things that need painting and repair. Many of those people would leave with the opinion that the ride was good but the park looked terrible and wouldn't return till the next big thing is built which would be years. What they instead are doing is installing small additions to replace aging and unpopular rides and taking the remaining funds and funneling it into general park improvements. This phase should be wrapping up soon just in time for the parks 50th year. I see Spinsanity as a step forward, we have gotten past the point of every addition is a replacement for something and now we are expanding the portfolio. Compare the park today to were it was back in 2012 or 2013 and it is a significant improvement. There is a method to the madness and reasons for the way things are being done. Once you figure out the method you realize that it truly isn't madness at all, but logic.

You obviously haven't been around the park that long as some of us others have, we've been hearing about park improvements for OVER A DECADE and it isn't happening, they have done more than they used to do, but no where CLOSE to what theyve needed to be. As long as they keep doing small park improvements and not large ones, theyll never catch up and theyll always be 3 steps behind. Im not being negative, Im being realistic in the sense that Ive been watching it happen for well over a decade. Ask any maintenance staff, youll see.... Until they invest at MINIMUM of 4-6 million into improvements and hire a ton of contractors to help the full time maintenance staff, the park will continue to be be a semi polished turd.

Except they HAVE done pretty huge things, I don't know why you insist on being so argumentative with someone who works at the park and sees what happens and how things function from a day-to-day basis.

To be honest I'm getting really sick and tired of everyone constantly shooting down any actual reason and fairness on this forum and trying to counter it with a bunch of muddled nonsense. Last year they renovated the entire freaking Palace Theater, including the whole interior and exterior, which was a HUGE investment and needed to be done, and just this season they opened up a brand new restaurant where one hadn't existed for years, repainted the facade by Batman, the facade for The Boss, they're retheming Pandemonium now, there was even more theming added to Thunder River, more and more landscaping jobs are being created every year, this year having the most, and yet people like you are most likely going to keep saying that they don't invest crap into the park, give me a break.

And you wonder why HWFan keeps his distance from this forum now.

Edited by ChrisGraslie

Except they HAVE done pretty huge things, I don't know why you insist on being so argumentative with someone who works at the park and sees what happens and how things function from a day-to-day basis.

To be honest I'm getting really sick and tired of everyone constantly shooting down any actual reason and fairness on this forum and trying to counter it with a bunch of muddled nonsense. Last year they renovated the entire freaking Palace Theater, including the whole interior and exterior, which was a HUGE investment and needed to be done, and just this season they opened up a brand new restaurant where one hadn't existed for years, repainted the facade by Batman, the facade for The Boss, they're retheming Pandemonium now, there was even more theming added to Thunder River, more and more landscaping jobs are being created every year, this year having the most, and yet people like you are most likely going to keep saying that they don't invest crap into the park, give me a break.

now I'LL be the one who says PAY ATTENTION to CHRISGRASLIE...... what does the very first line of my last message say?..... do you think HWfan is the ONLY person on here that works at the park? Do you think HWFan is the only one who speaks with management?.... if you've read these forums much, youll see that he is NOT the only one who works at the park or has very close association and business with it. SOOOO, Ill say again my first line for you in case you missed it....

"You obviously haven't been around the park that long as some of us others have, we've been hearing about park improvements for OVER A DECADE and it isn't happening, they have done more than they used to do, but no where CLOSE to what theyve needed to be."

I even said that YES, they HAVE been making improvements, but theyre on pace to NEVER CATCH UP!...... just reread my last post again so that it can sink in fully please. Sorry for coming off so harsh, it just really ticks me off when people run their mouths without reading or knowing what theyre talking about!!!

With the amount of negativity in this forum I can't help but think that if Joker was sent to St. Louis instead of Great America people would still be unhappy about it. Granted SFStL isn't the coaster mecca that a lot of the other Six Flags parks have become but I think that's what makes it a great park; makes it stand out from the others in the chain.

As for Spinsanity, I think it's a welcome addition even if your closest competitor has the same ride. Even though I can't do a lot of spinning rides anymore a park can never have enough flat rides.

HWFan is not the only person that works at the park that offers info on this site. There are several others that work much more into the day to day operations. Yes this forum is a bit negative lately but oh well, people are just stating their opinions. As for you post. the new theming that went into thunder river is because the original theming, the waterfalls, literally began to fall apart so instead of replacing the waterfalls, they painted letters on a smooth concrete wall instead. Panda is just being painted, that is all. Palace got cosmetic work done on it outside, but nothing was done on the inside. You are correct about landscaping though. Ever since Nick took over landscaping a few years ago he was put so much more energy into the park and his team is much more creative now too.

now I'LL be the one who says PAY ATTENTION to CHRISGRASLIE...... what does the very first line of my last message say?..... do you think HWfan is the ONLY person on here that works at the park? Do you think HWFan is the only one who speaks with management?.... if you've read these forums much, youll see that he is NOT the only one who works at the park or has very close association and business with it. SOOOO, Ill say again my first line for you in case you missed it....

"You obviously haven't been around the park that long as some of us others have, we've been hearing about park improvements for OVER A DECADE and it isn't happening, they have done more than they used to do, but no where CLOSE to what theyve needed to be."

I even said that YES, they HAVE been making improvements, but theyre on pace to NEVER CATCH UP!...... just reread my last post again so that it can sink in fully please. Sorry for coming off so harsh, it just really ticks me off when people run their mouths without reading or knowing what theyre talking about!!!

I know HWFan isn't the only one on here who works at the park, obviously I'm not that stupid. I use him as an example because for a while he was the guy that kept this forum from spiraling into madness, and even he's given up on replying to the crap people say on here. I talk to other employees other than him that pretty much all have the same amount of frustration with this forum, which is exactly the reason why I respond to things the way that I do, because I've gotten tired of it as well.

What people like you need to understand is that they're not going as slowly as you think. It's great that you can acknowledge they're doing more things than they used to do, but those things aren't written on a little half sheet of paper with 3 bullet points. There was only so much money they could put into it before, but this year and last year is when it's started to really ramp up, and you're going to see even more in 2017. There's a clear goal in place for where they want to be, and as more money goes into improvements and refurbishments, they'll get there within the next few seasons.

I feel as if I'm typing the same stuff over and over, I really just wish everyone would see the big picture so I can stop repeating myself, it's not just me that's trying to get this message across.

I know HWFan isn't the only one on here who works at the park, obviously I'm not that stupid. I use him as an example because for a while he was the guy that kept this forum from spiraling into madness, and even he's given up on replying to the crap people say on here. I talk to other employees other than him that pretty much all have the same amount of frustration with this forum, which is exactly the reason why I respond to things the way that I do, because I've gotten tired of it as well.

What people like you need to understand is that they're not going as slowly as you think. It's great that you can acknowledge they're doing more things than they used to do, but those things aren't written on a little half sheet of paper with 3 bullet points. There was only so much money they could put into it before, but this year and last year is when it's started to really ramp up, and you're going to see even more in 2017. There's a clear goal in place for where they want to be, and as more money goes into improvements and refurbishments, they'll get there within the next few seasons.

I feel as if I'm typing the same stuff over and over, I really just wish everyone would see the big picture so I can stop repeating myself, it's not just me that's trying to get this message across.

As someone that knows a lot of the actual big picture of the park, it doesn't quite line up with your version of the big picture...

As someone that knows a lot of the actual big picture of the park, it doesn't quite line up with your version of the big picture...

So what you've heard differs from what me and TNT have been posting about and what a bunch of other employees have told me and now makes everything we've said entirely invalid.

What-is-happening-GIF.gif.e233cbcf6e467efa772a7bac04e2aa61.gif