TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Or maybe the park just got small additions in 2016/2017 due to JL being such a large addition in 2015?

Those Justice Leagues don't come cheep... some will argue that they are saving production cost money (mostly by splitting the bill over so many clones) by building so many, but those motion base vehicles they are using come with a pretty hefty price tag. While I don't have an exact price tag, I'd venture that the Justice League attractions cost about as much (if not more) than a decent size coaster and likely cost more than the S&S Free Spins they have been building.

Here at SFOT, we got our Justice League ride the same year as SFSTL. But that didn't stop us from getting a 4D Free Fly, so that can't be it.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Spinsanity Whirls into Six Flags St. Louis in 2017

New Ride Turns Up The Thrill Factor at the Eureka Based Theme Park

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, will send guests reeling with the addition of the new Spinsanity in 2017. This intense thrill ride will give guests a rush of excitement with its dual rocking, spinning motion.

Spinsanity brings a different thrill to the park as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another while swinging from side to side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute. The innovative attraction is the first-of-its-kind at the park.

“We continue to give our guests more and more unique thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Pete Carmichael, park president. “The multi-directional movement of the ride combined with the innovative seating design makes Spinsanity a must experience ride.”

At least they didn't call it a spinning shuttle coaster...c

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, will send guests reeling with the addition of the new Spinsanity in 2017. This intense thrill ride will give guests a rush of excitement with its dual rocking, spinning motion.

Spinsanity brings a different thrill to the park as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another while swinging from side to side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute. The innovative attraction is the first-of-its-kind at the park.

“We continue to give our guests more and more unique thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Pete Carmichael, park president. “The multi-directional movement of the ride combined with the innovative seating design makes Spinsanity a must experience ride.”

Sorry, double post

Edited by Mr. Corn

It is sad that they had to revert to calling the ride a first of its kind for THE PARK. Is that the only way they could try to make it sound unique? Of course it is a first of its kind at the park, they are not going to install two of the same rides!

Well the upside is that passes are real cheap right now with Gold upgrade so you can go visit some better Six Flags parks

yes---- I was not even considering another pass but the price might just be too low to pass up

KL

I was heading to the Northeast anyway next summer so I took advantage. Not to mention I get the rest of 2016 for free with the pass.

At least they didn't call it a spinning shuttle coaster...c

Hey, there is still time. Don't give them ideas. Every now and then they STILL call Fireball a coaster.

I'm hoping they change the name. Any other time they would not hesitate to use DC.

If this thing replaces the Chevy Showroom I will be ecstatic. I wonder if they will open back up the old path to make the ride a centerpeice between two midways.

So far everything I've heard says Chevy Showcase is staying. Its either going to run parallel to the tracks or its going to take Slingshots spot.

A quick Google Streetview analysis just before reading this post had already killed my hopes.

Too bad. I hate that building with passion.

I'm hoping they change the name. Any other time they would not hesitate to use DC.

If this thing replaces the Chevy Showroom I will be ecstatic. I wonder if they will open back up the old path to make the ride a centerpeice between two midways.

So far everything I've heard says Chevy Showcase is staying. Its either going to run parallel to the tracks or its going to take Slingshots spot.

A quick Google Streetview analysis just before reading this post had already killed my hopes.

Too bad. I hate that building with passion.

If that building goes away, then you loose quite a bit of the parks fright fest storage along with general storage for the entertainment department. I don't believe that building is going anywhere and despite your hate for that building, it needs to stay if the park wants to maintain its current FF, regular season entertainment plus the additional stuff going in there for HIP.

Quick update. Painting has begun on Pandamonium...

Re-themeing confirmed.

I'm fine with the DC names, but I do wish they should just move all in on it. Harley Quinn's Spinsanity exists. It's a different ride, but apparently they don't care about that (see e.g. Lassos of Truth). It would also let them move in on a theme that's present in the public eye, which is where Disney is going with things. People will bemoan the gutting of Future World's "future optimism" theme for Guardians attractions, but you can't deny it makes business sense.

I suppose part of another problem is DC's complete inability to get its stuff together when it comes to its characters. Superman is still recognizably Superman, but he's also had a half dozen different costumes in as many years. Harley Quinn's appearance on the tilt-a-whirl hasn't been her look for 5 years now. The DC plaza proudly displays a logo that's 3 versions out of date. It makes cohesion difficult.

I also have to wonder if they have to pay for each use of the IP, or at the very least, how hard it is for SF to get DC's sign off on each implementation of it.

tl;dr: I care too much about a sign at the front of flat rides.

^According to this Theme Park Insider article here, Six Flags pays an annual blanket fee to Warner Bros, which owns all the DC properties. WB retains the right to deny any specific usage of the intellectual property however. The article also notes that it cost SF $3.3 million in 2011 for the annual rights.

Looking at the aerial image posted a few pages back it looks like it would be a pretty tight fit between the tracks and the old show building. From the photos and video Spinsanity looks to be a fairly large installation. Is that area southeast of tsunami soaker even considered to be in the Chouteau's market area?

Mike

My response to yesterday's announcement: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

More carnival rides, no new coasters, other than rejects from other parks.

There is no wonder I haven't been to my home park in 4 years. Justice League is the only thing they've added in almost a decade that is worth a crap, yet it is. according to every season pass holder I know, either a 2-hour wait or it's closed. The rest are off-the-shelf flat rides that I can experience at a state fair.

SFSTL is becoming a glorified carnival, but with more teens bouncing basketballs and more gum in the queue lines...

Edited by MisterP

SFSTL is becoming a glorified carnival, but with more teens bouncing basketballs and more gum in the queue lines...

I also feel this way..... but maybe I am just too old...

Yeah,me too.

Although, it has to be hard to think that today's kids would be happy with "new" rides that they can ride at a dozen other parks within a driving distance. Unless they are clueless goobers, which SFSTL draws quite a few.

Our park needs a B&M hyper/floorless/wing/dive/flyer in the WORST way....