TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Maybe SFGAm stole it

... it's too early for this.

Happy it isn't the stupid flippidy, crapola, spinarama, 4d, cookie cutter, bail out, here's your steel coaster, addition! HOPING/PRAYING that's not what's to come next year. Give the park something WORTH coming for; especially with SDC's new coaster, Dollywood LR, KI's woodie and HW's wing coaster. It needs something BIG. And not S&S....

I really don't get what everybody's problem with these things are. It seems that everybody that has actually ridden one really likes the 4D's. Seriously, has anyone heard anything negative about them from people who have actually ridden them?

I have ridden one. It's good, not great. When you've been starved of steel for several years and there isn't a steel coaster that's unique, it's a big let down. That's all. And there are other 4ds around to ride, so it's a huge letdown if that's what we get a bone thrown to SFStL in the form of "steel".

So what happened to the rumored Free Fly? Maybe SFGAm stole it, because supposedly Free Fly track is on site there... (That's what I heard, I think it's true but I don't totally know)

Nothing happened to it. It was simply that, a rumor... Everyone was just assuming that we were getting one because it would fit in a Tidal Wave sized area and SFSTL is always hoping for a new coaster. So nothing was stolen from us.

Maybe SFGAm stole it

... it's too early for this.

Happy it isn't the stupid flippidy, crapola, spinarama, 4d, cookie cutter, bail out, here's your steel coaster, addition! HOPING/PRAYING that's not what's to come next year. Give the park something WORTH coming for; especially with SDC's new coaster, Dollywood LR, KI's woodie and HW's wing coaster. It needs something BIG. And not S&S....

I really don't get what everybody's problem with these things are. It seems that everybody that has actually ridden one really likes the 4D's. Seriously, has anyone heard anything negative about them from people who have actually ridden them?

I have ridden one. It's good, not great. When you've been starved of steel for several years and there isn't a steel coaster that's unique, it's a big let down. That's all. And there are other 4ds around to ride, so it's a huge letdown if that's what we get a bone thrown to SFStL in the form of "steel".

Except the nearest 4D to Six Flags St. Louis is nearly 14 hours away in Texas. You have to realize that 90% of the people that go to Six Flags St. Louis wouldn't even know that the others exists.

This seems kinda like the Batman situation, where people pass of a good ride because it's a clone.

So what happened to the rumored Free Fly? Maybe SFGAm stole it, because supposedly Free Fly track is on site there... (That's what I heard, I think it's true but I don't totally know)

Nothing happened to it. It was simply that, a rumor... Everyone was just assuming that we were getting one because it would fit in a Tidal Wave sized area and SFSTL is always hoping for a new coaster. So nothing was stolen from us.

No, it was stolen. The police are on their way to Chicago as we speak. Prozach's gonna be so pissed when he gets the call.

No, it was stolen. The police are on their way to Chicago as we speak. Prozach's gonna be so pissed when he gets the call.

Sorry, bud. This happened in Missouri and thankfully I'm just on the other side of the river, north of St. Louis.

Sincerely,

*winner of the not my job award*

Spinsanity is a good addition to the park as it needs flats badly. It should be interesting where they put it and how it will interact will its surroundings. I have been waiting nearly 10 years for a major coaster announcement for SFSTL ...what's another year?? no big deal

So this is our 2017 attraction...

I mean, they're fun, but...

credit: Screamscape

I was thinking, initially, that you guys would be getting the same flat ride package that we got here at SFOT. Namely, a Zamperla Giant Discovery (Riddler) and/or Endeavor 48 (Catwoman). For what it's worth, SFOT is, apparently, also receiving a Disk-O for 2017. However, it seems we're also getting a Larson Loop as a companion piece for the Disk-O. I'm not sure why SFSTL is getting just one flat at a time, instead of flat packages like SFOT and SFFT, respectively. But maybe 2018 will be the year for bigger investments at both parks. In the meantime, both parks can take pride in having great flat ride collections!

From now on, everyone who says "2018" in this thread has to put a quarter in the jar. Prior to it being well into the year 2017, that is.

By this time next year, you'll be able to buy that new B&M hyper (that is, til Six Flags America sneaks in and takes it).

Except the nearest 4D to Six Flags St. Louis is nearly 14 hours away in Texas. You have to realize that 90% of the people that go to Six Flags St. Louis wouldn't even know that the others exists.

This seems kinda like the Batman situation, where people pass of a good ride because it's a clone.

You got it almost perfectly right. The percentage is too low.

Haven't been on here a ton, so I'm not sure if that has been talked about...... but I thought some of you might find this interesting... The land that the park sold off has almost been completely cleared already

McBride & Son home bought all of it, they started clearing it last November and are building 4 neighborhoods, a park, and an elementary school. Apparently there is a clause for home buyers that they can not complain about any noises coming from the park.

supposedly Free Fly track is on site there...

Apparently not, bud. If there is any track on site, it's Disk'O track. If you look at the pictures, I could see how Disk'O track could possibly be mistaken for Free Spin track

No, I meant at SFGAm. Sorry for the confusion

Haven't been on here a ton, so I'm not sure if that has been talked about...... but I thought some of you might find this interesting... The land that the park sold off has almost been completely cleared already

It still makes me sad that all of that land couldn't have been used for the park. *Sigh*

Edited by Vonni

Guys, at this point I'm going to ask that all discussion about the new ride be stopped until the official post tomorrow morning. It's just getting a bit out of hand at the moment and it's only a few hours away until the actual videos and renderings get posted. Please respect these wishes of the admins. Posting fake videos of the ride that someone mocked up only confuses the issue more.

If you seriously cannot wait a few hours until the ride gets announced for real, you have issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

Guys, at this point I'm going to ask that all discussion about the new ride be stopped until the official post tomorrow morning. It's just getting a bit out of hand at the moment and it's only a few hours away until the actual videos and renderings get posted. Please respect these wishes of the admins. Posting fake videos of the ride that someone mocked up only confuses the issue more.

If you seriously cannot wait a few hours until the ride gets announced for real, you have issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

My fault, I should've read the description beforehand. Can't help but think a ride like that will make people throw up.

My fault, I should've read the description beforehand. Can't help but think a ride like that will make people throw up.

So we politely ask that all discussion wait until the announcement, you apologize for your posts that we had to delete which nearly got you banned, and then you continue to discuss the ride?

Ugh.... I hate people.Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.thumb.jpg.960e2b87fb98314bb768a7488b24154a.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Spinsanity Whirls into Six Flags St. Louis in 2017

New Ride Turns Up The Thrill Factor at the Eureka Based Theme Park

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, will send guests reeling with the addition of the new Spinsanity in 2017. This intense thrill ride will give guests a rush of excitement with its dual rocking, spinning motion.

Spinsanity brings a different thrill to the park as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another while swinging from side to side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute. The innovative attraction is the first-of-its-kind at the park.

“We continue to give our guests more and more unique thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Pete Carmichael, park president. “The multi-directional movement of the ride combined with the innovative seating design makes Spinsanity a must experience ride.”

Spinsanity Fast Facts:

• 40 riders are seated on motorcycle-style, pedestal seats facing outward;
  • Giant disc rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise while arcing side to side;
  • Half-pipe track structure stands 5-stories tall; and
  • Rotates at 14 revolutions per minute
  • Riders must be a minimum of 48” tall to experience this innovative new thrill ride which will be located across from Tsunami Soaker in the Chouteau’s Market section of the park. Spinsanity is set to open spring 2017. For more information and a video highlighting upcoming 2017 Six Flags rides and attractions, visit https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/newfor2017.

Six Flags St. Louis is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 70% off of 2017 Season Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with each Season Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor as well as to any other Six Flags theme park, free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park and all of 2017. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

989139777_maxresdefault(5).thumb.jpg.2b44de8a48ca8c243539971ac0f34962.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227