TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

A little upset that the secret broken early, but I am not mad at the addition at all. I am excited and have never experienced something like a Disco before and is a solid addition to our flat collection. IMO they should put it where the arcade is near Joker.. compared to other sections the park seems lifeless there, and near tidal wave makes that area almost to busy lol.

(Not hate just a question) Why did other parks recieve multiple rides in thier flat pckage but ours only one?

A little upset that the secret broken early, but I am not mad at the addition at all. I am excited and have never experienced something like a Disco before and is a solid addition to our flat collection. IMO they should put it where the arcade is near Joker.. compared to other sections the park seems lifeless there, and near tidal wave makes that area almost to busy lol.

(Not hate just a question) Why did other parks recieve multiple rides in thier flat pckage but ours only one?

I agree and also wondering the same thing...

So this is our 2017 attraction...

I mean, they're fun, but...

credit: Screamscape

This poor park.

It's actually really not a bad addition. Everyone else is on board with it and so am I, because people say that these rides are fun, and they look fun.

It never hurts to have more flat rides anyways.

So where should they put it?

-Past SkyScreamer across from Tidal Wave

-Where the old Sound Stage 2 theatre is next to Tsunami Twirl

-Where the rock climbing wall was across from Mooseburger

-Where Axis Games is in the Backlot

The first two yes, but I don't know if there's enough space across from Mooseburger to put it in. Plus removing part of the old Mine Train station to make room would take out a big chunk of space used for The Slaughter House during FF.

Axis Chemical Arcade I think should stay too, only because I feel it ties up the Batman theming in that area nicely. Plus, being right next to Joker thematically makes perfect sense. (Axis Chemicals is where the Joker became the Joker for those of you who might not know for one reason or another)

I rode this ride at SDC and it really is a lot of fun. Definitely a much better ride than Fireball. Once again not a coaster, but I think the GP will love it.

There have been surveyors around the area between Sound Stage and the train tracks for the last several days. I asked if Sound Stage was going to be removed and was told no. They said it still makes too much money as a haunted attraction during FF and also houses a lot of the entertainment departments set pieces for their other theaters and other décor for throughout the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the old façade between SS#2 and the tracks goes away.

Maybe we only get one so that refurbishment of the park can continue?

Wow! I'm actually quite impressed! I never gave a disko a thought while I was doing my speculating, so I'm actually quite surprised! I wont ride it due to the fact that I don't do spinning, but I'm still happy with it.

There have been surveyors around the area between Sound Stage and the train tracks for the last several days. I asked if Sound Stage was going to be removed and was told no. They said it still makes too much money as a haunted attraction during FF and also houses a lot of the entertainment departments set pieces for their other theaters and other décor for throughout the year. I wouldn't be surprised if the old façade between SS#2 and the tracks goes away.

OMG I would love to see that crappy ass façade disappear! I was hoping that would happen with the addition of Tsunami Soaker!

Maybe you guys can get that Carousel/Boomerang fixed and/or new trains for Ninja/Boomerang

I think a Disk'O is a very solid addition for SFStL, as they are fun little flat rides! It will also pave the way for you guys to get that big new coaster in 2018! I'm sure you're going to love getting your S&S Free Fly, as they continue getting doled out that year!

Maybe you guys can get that Carousel/Boomerang fixed and/or new trains for Ninja/Boomerang

That's possible. I would love to see the new cars on Boomerang/Ninja and have the Carousel refurbished as a bonus for 2017

Now where is it going?

Replacing Tidal Wave seems to be the most obvious spot. There also may be space across from Mooseburger where Turbo Bungee was last year. The Go Karts have been looking pretty rough this year, it'd also look good elevated slightly where the Go Karts are.

I love the idea of replacing the go-karts and having the Boss queue run over the new ride. It'd have the same play as Boomerang, where you have a decent enough ride that gets a neat interaction with non-riders. I doubt it'd happen though. It'd take some re-engineering of the Boss queue, and who knows if that section of the park is wired for another major power draw. Also, go karts rarely draws significant numbers, but since it's an additional fee attraction, it probably pays for its own variable costs.

Here's an odd complaint: whichever team is in charge of naming needs a stern talking to. In 2016 we had The New Revolution except also there is a different The New Revolution on half the parks and also you can the The New Revolution on The New Revolution. A couple parks also got Spinsanity...which is a different ride than 2017's Spinsanity. Six Flags has had issues here before (Goliath Goliath GoliathGoliathGoliath), but those were at least spaced out a bit. One of the advantages of a chain is to create a sense of continuity of experience with guests across multiple parks. That's not served with bizarre naming schemes.

Happy it isn't the stupid flippidy, crapola, spinarama, 4d, cookie cutter, bail out, here's your steel coaster, addition! HOPING/PRAYING that's not what's to come next year. Give the park something WORTH coming for; especially with SDC's new coaster, Dollywood LR, KI's woodie and HW's wing coaster. It needs something BIG. And not S&S....

From the picture, (I know, I know, it is just a marketing picture,) it doesn't look like it will have the Harley Quinn theme that the other Spinsanity's did. I find it odd since that character has become a LOT more well known since the release of Suicide Squad and you'd think Six Flags would keep cashing in on that.

Anywho - these are a lot of fun and for years of a nationwide drought of flat rides - it's nice to see that a lot of parks are addressing that.

It may feel like deja vu, but we're getting there, I promise.

I'll be honest, I couldn't care less. I was just stating fact. If SFSTL does ever get anything better than a used boomerang, great. But until then, I'm not holding my breath or getting excited about any potential announcements.

We've also had plenty of people like you chanting "Things are going to change. You'll see."

supposedly Free Fly track is on site there...

Apparently not, bud. If there is any track on site, it's Disk'O track. If you look at the pictures, I could see how Disk'O track could possibly be mistaken for Free Spin track

Maybe SFGAm stole it

... it's too early for this.

Happy it isn't the stupid flippidy, crapola, spinarama, 4d, cookie cutter, bail out, here's your steel coaster, addition! HOPING/PRAYING that's not what's to come next year. Give the park something WORTH coming for; especially with SDC's new coaster, Dollywood LR, KI's woodie and HW's wing coaster. It needs something BIG. And not S&S....

I really don't get what everybody's problem with these things are. It seems that everybody that has actually ridden one really likes the 4D's. Seriously, has anyone heard anything negative about them from people who have actually ridden them?