TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I can't find it now, but there was a FB post for a presale for the Flash Sale for season pass members. 2017 Gold Pass for $63.

It's on the Six Flags St Louis facebook page, and the Flash Sale for current passholders is 2017 Gold Pass for $49.99 each. That's the good part. The bad part is that the Season Dining Passes come up for $200.00! There is no way I'm paying $200 for a Season Dining Pass! THe thing is, that pass doesn't come up as part of the Flash Sale. There's a link to buy it on the Flash Sale page, but it just takes you to the regular Season Dining Pass page, which has no mention of a discount. So, I'm hoping that when September 1st rolls around, there will be a sale on the Season Dining Passes as well. If there's not, well, we'll be spending about one tenth as much time at Six Flags as we have the past few years, since the Dining Pass is a big reason we visit, and we'll be eating outside the park because I will not be paying $10 for a hot dog.

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether the price will come down September 1st?

I would say with the large number sold this year that lead to huge lines, and unhappy guests, that prices won't be going as cheap this year. Too much of a good thing?

I can't find it now, but there was a FB post for a presale for the Flash Sale for season pass members. 2017 Gold Pass for $63.

It's on the Six Flags St Louis facebook page, and the Flash Sale for current passholders is 2017 Gold Pass for $49.99 each. That's the good part. The bad part is that the Season Dining Passes come up for $200.00! There is no way I'm paying $200 for a Season Dining Pass! THe thing is, that pass doesn't come up as part of the Flash Sale. There's a link to buy it on the Flash Sale page, but it just takes you to the regular Season Dining Pass page, which has no mention of a discount. So, I'm hoping that when September 1st rolls around, there will be a sale on the Season Dining Passes as well. If there's not, well, we'll be spending about one tenth as much time at Six Flags as we have the past few years, since the Dining Pass is a big reason we visit, and we'll be eating outside the park because I will not be paying $10 for a hot dog.

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether the price will come down September 1st?

Please Note: Season Dining Passes and Memberships will also be available at very special prices (with very special offers) during the Flash Sale beginning September 1. If you're looking for either of these items, please check back on Thursday!

Please Note: Season Dining Passes and Memberships will also be available at very special prices (with very special offers) during the Flash Sale beginning September 1. If you're looking for either of these items, please check back on Thursday!

Are there chain-wide dinning passes or is it only park specific?

The Gold Dining Pass is good Coast to Coast. However I don't know if they include SF Mexico or La Ronde.

Are there chain-wide dinning passes or is it only park specific?

^ A lot of writing there; and some good points. I think your end statement is what everyone is NOT claiming for. "SFSTL will not be a MM or CP". Agreed. Never EVER will it be either. But I do not think that I/we are in the wrong for not wanting to go to SFSTL due to lack of investing in thrills/coasters, are we? We got a good wood coaster in 2008, I guess? Don't even get me started about the 26 year old Boomerang shipped to us. Then next year SF gets a bargain on buying a bunch of 4D flippy-drop-dip non-coaster thingies and we're supposed to LOVE IT? Put a freakin coaster in the park!!!!!!!!!! We were to have a B&M hyper. Now we get nothing, ever. Put Lightning Run (hyper-like coaster from Kentucky Kingdom) or buy a TRex prototype on the cheap from RMC. Damn, look at Mexico getting so much love over even an in state SF (us). RMC the Boss and forego steel for 10 more years; do something good and thrilling is all I'm saying....

LOL I can't believe I wrote that much. My apologies for that. There was just so much to cover. It is painful to see Six Flags St. Louis in their present state. Especially since they were in a vibrant and ever-expanding state prior to 2008. And Suddenly, Six Flags seems to cut off Six Flags St. Louis. Like I said, we have been spoiled by the expansion projects of the past. But I'm with you in saying the Boss needs some work. I'd be perfectly happy with RMC. I almost feel like I'd prefer GCI restructuring to preserve the classic wooden feel. I don't know if I ever recall the lines being long. So from a business standpoint, they certainly should be doing something to improve it. Even if it is just simple and no frills re-tracking.

I rode the Boomerang in 2003. It was my first ordinary boomerang. It was fun, but nothing to write home about. It strangely had the longest line of all coasters in the park, for being one of my least favorite coasters there. Boomerangs are clone coasters that seem to be everywhere. I would only rate King's Island's Invertigo as slightly better . The giant boomerangs such as SFGAm's old Deja Vu, are the best Vekoma boomerang rides. If only one of those would have came to SFSTL.

I may visit SFSTL for Holiday in the Park this year. It's funny how both SFSTL and SFA, both neglected parks, trying Holiday in the Park this year. Also, CGAm, one of Cedar Fair's neglected parks, is starting Winterfest this year as well. I'm wondering if they are extending the season as a last-ditch attempt to try and bring in more revenue? If so, I hope it works for them. And perhaps that would spark the start of a turnaround for these parks.

Okay, enough writing from me today. haha

I know I'm a bit late replying to this, but your post seemed like it came from the point of view of someone who doesn't come to this forum too often/doesn't keep track of everything that goes on at the park like most of us here do, so instead of being a jerk about it, and since no one else has commented on it, I'll provide you with some wisdom.

1. Anyone that honestly thinks that any of the Six Flags parks, especially some of the smaller parks like SFSTL were much better parks during the Shapiro days is a bit insane. (No offense)

2. We've gotten new additions every single year since 2011 with SkyScreamer, and we just got Justice League: Battle for Metropolis last year, we're far from being neglected, and we're definitely not "cut off" by any means.

3. The Boss getting RMC-ed is what we all really want and it definitely makes sense, even though people have said that it's too long for an RMC conversion, I'm sure it's being heavily considered for the future.

4. Six Flags St Louis and Six Flags America aren't really "trying" Holiday In The Park, the event coming to us was pretty much inevitable as every other Six Flags park is probably going to be getting it in the near future, but that's ok because from what I've seen it's a pretty great event to have at any park.

5. I don't know why you think for whichever reason that the park is in some serious financial danger and is in need of an attendance spike, but it's really not. Crowds during the summer are always pretty large, depends on the day that's you go. In terms of things that bring in crowds and bring in a lot of revenue though, our Fright Fest event is considered one of the best of the chain and continues to get bigger and better every single year, bringing in some pretty insane crowds (especially on Saturdays).The ongoing success and continual growth of FF is probably a big reason why we got HITP sooner.

6. HITP is also not some last-minute effort to turn around the park, because like I've said in the past, we've been "turning around" for a good half a decade. The park in terms of the way it looks as a whole is much better now than it was even back in 2012. Money continues to be poured into making sure everything is restored completely and functions properly and efficiently, with the huge instantly noticeable ones starting to happen last season with The Palace Theater and Miss Kitty's Saloon. If there's something you thinks needs work, that's issue will mostly likely be resolved within the next 3 years, trust me on that.

I hope I helped you to better understand all of this, though. I tried my best to make this all make sense to you, I hope I did a good job.

Oh and HWFan, if you do have some good news to share please do tell us!

Who's getting fired for letting that one slip haha, but eh. Another small ride for us, this doesn't really bother me as much as it probably will bother the rest of this forum, it does make me excited for what's going to be New in 2018 though. I was told by someone from the park recently that there ARE big things coming (although they obviously didn't tell me WHAT those were), and that 2017 was going to be the last small addition before we get another big investment, so I already had pretty low expectations for this year's announcement anyways.

Their priority at the moment seems to be putting the money where it counts, fixing everything that needs fixing, repainting everything that needs to be repainted, can't go wrong with that.

Once everything is done, all we need is a big new shiny B&M hyper to top it all off

A Disko is a great addition. It's not enough to get me back to St. Louis, since we have a Disko at Silver Dollar City, but for y'all in St. Louis, that thing's a ton of fun. This is yet another solid addition; it's not a coaster, but I've been impressed at the quality rides they'e been adding over the last several years. You'll enjoy this for sure.

Who's getting fired for letting that one slip haha, but eh.

The person who posted it... the park isn't open, so the person who took the pic is an employee. The advertisement was put up for this weekend when the park reopens. I just can't believe they just straight up spoiled it for some of you. Alot of us have kept quiet for a reason. They could have at least just given hints....

There's always that "1" person

It's neat. But where will they put that? That's a pretty decent size ride that takes up a good amount of room.

That's what I was thinking. Nothing's been announced to be closing, so maybe this could go on some of the unused land near the Illinois section of the park?

That's a great possibility.

I loved Electro Spin at SDC, so this will be a great addition to the park.

it does make me excited for what's going to be New in 2018 though. I was told by someone from the park recently that there ARE big things coming (although they obviously didn't tell me WHAT those were), and that 2017 was going to be the last small addition before we get another big investment, so I already had pretty low expectations for this year's announcement anyways.

I really don't think you're aware of how many times this exact sentiment has been repeated throughout this thread. Before this thread was created, it was repeated year after year on SFSTL.net.

Assuming the leak is true, which I don't see why it's not, I'm pleased with that as our 2017 addition. It's a solid flat ride that everyone can enjoy.

Now where is it going?

Replacing Tidal Wave seems to be the most obvious spot. There also may be space across from Mooseburger where Turbo Bungee was last year. The Go Karts have been looking pretty rough this year, it'd also look good elevated slightly where the Go Karts are.

I'm happy with this.

it does make me excited for what's going to be New in 2018 though. I was told by someone from the park recently that there ARE big things coming (although they obviously didn't tell me WHAT those were), and that 2017 was going to be the last small addition before we get another big investment, so I already had pretty low expectations for this year's announcement anyways.

I really don't think you're aware of how many times this exact sentiment has been repeated throughout this thread. Before this thread was created, it was repeated year after year on SFSTL.net.

Yeah, but those were different times when the company as a whole was under completely different management. The post-bankruptcy days to me have shown that they are committed to making steps towards bigger and better things at all of the parks. It may feel like deja vu, but we're getting there, I promise.

A Disko is a great addition. It's not enough to get me back to St. Louis, since we have a Disko at Silver Dollar City, but for y'all in St. Louis, that thing's a ton of fun.

I must agree with this statement. I feel like a Disko is a great addition to SFStL. They are fun (as long as I have taken my motion sickness medicine.) But I also agree that since SDC has a Disko, SFStL adding one is just not enough for me to want to pick SFStL over SDC. But those of you who frequent SFStL will love it.

Hopefully this means 2018 will the year SFStL add's a much needed new coaster!! I'd be happy with just a cookie-cutter 4D FreeSpin.

So where should they put it?

-Past SkyScreamer across from Tidal Wave

-Where the old Sound Stage 2 theatre is next to Tsunami Twirl

-Where the rock climbing wall was across from Mooseburger

-Where Axis Games is in the Backlot

The first two yes, but I don't know if there's enough space across from Mooseburger to put it in. Plus removing part of the old Mine Train station to make room would take out a big chunk of space used for The Slaughter House during FF.

Axis Chemical Arcade I think should stay too, only because I feel it ties up the Batman theming in that area nicely. Plus, being right next to Joker thematically makes perfect sense. (Axis Chemicals is where the Joker became the Joker for those of you who might not know for one reason or another)