TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I don't think our Park Sucks, I think we all feel it could be so much more with a bit (or a lot) more attention. There is a lot of potential here which is not realized. After years of hoping things will turn around, nothing is really happening and we are all frustrated. We sit back and read about other parks getting great rides and coasters most of us have abandoned SFSTL and visit these other parks. Year and year we get hand-me-downs or new rides which are nothing special (except for Justice League). Now most of the park appears to be SBNO or running half-a** or something. Just another year at SFSTL.

Omfg. Y'all get hand me downs. Six flags America has two hand me down coasters from six flags great America and your complaining. Since y'all want to complain in this thread let's compare line ups.

A few things...

1) The fact that another park is arguably worse doesn't make a park suck any less. You think Six Flags America sucks but if I showed up wanting to "compare lineups" with Conneaut Lake it would look like Disneyland.

Not arguable. It's Definite. I just hate how some people complain about how bad there home park is but don't think to realize that they have one of the top 5 parks in the chain.

Not arguable. It's Definite. I just hate how some people complain about how bad there home park is but don't think to realize that they have one of the top 5 parks in the chain.

That's really not the point of my post at all, but of course it's arguable. You guys have an Intamin hyper and if you're the type of person that enjoys Vekoma Flyers (guilty) then it's plausible that you might prefer SFA. Everyone likes different things.

I don't think our Park Sucks, I think we all feel it could be so much more with a bit (or a lot) more attention. There is a lot of potential here which is not realized. After years of hoping things will turn around, nothing is really happening and we are all frustrated. We sit back and read about other parks getting great rides and coasters most of us have abandoned SFSTL and visit these other parks. Year and year we get hand-me-downs or new rides which are nothing special (except for Justice League). Now most of the park appears to be SBNO or running half-a** or something. Just another year at SFSTL.

Omfg. Y'all get hand me downs. Six flags America has two hand me down coasters from six flags great America and your complaining. Since y'all want to complain in this thread let's compare line ups.

So your park sucks too... sorry to hear that

My post was not intended to be a competition on a 'suck' factor.

I hve been watching this thread for a long time. I used to go to SFStL several times a year until 1993, when a job change make it necessary to drop my visits ( I had season passes since 1983). I returned to the park just recently and would like to give my opinion compared to the 80's and 90's.

The park HAS changed, but not as bad as others have posted. It is not the same as before, but time moves on and things change.

Six Flags has kept a lot of the charm of the early days, but time requires change and the economy is not the same as in the late 80's/90's.

Here is what I noticed the most.

First, they FINALLY got rid of Hannabarrels, but the replacement could have been better themed to the location.

Ninja needs a good overhaul by either Vekoma, or someone who understands steel looping coasters. I don't remember the Ninja of the late 80's being this rough or loose (the train shuffles a LOT more than it should). The trains look to be the originals and they need a good bit of TLC, or replacement.

River King has been somewhat neutered, probably due to the lawsuit tendancy of the public. The support system looks like it could use some new wood, and the lift hills are rougher than I remember.

Tidal Wave is still a good, reliable, re-ridable ride, but looks stuffed in next to Boomerang because they stuffed Boomerang into a space that is really too cramped for the ride.

Moving up to Screamin' Eagle...Well, to be nice, it is still a good woodie, but the banking and changes to the back end took away some of the original feel of the ride. The changes didn't really hurt Eagle, just changed it. I still consider it a real John Allen gem.

American Thunder is a good ride, short, compact, and, the day I was there, not being run well. I don't blame the crew, but something was not working right with the blocking system and they could not send a train out until the previous one had totally stopped on the holding brakes before the station. I asked if they were holding the dispatch and the operators stated the system was having problems and Maintenance could not figure out why, but they were working on it. Acceptable knowing what I know about Process controllers.

Justice League.... Well, considering the age of the old water ride this is an improvement. Some effects were not working but then the old Tom Sawyer/Time Tunnel/Castaway Kids (never rode Scooby) always had effects not working.

My final review: SFStL has changed, but is still a good park with the same problems that all parks have with maintenance, upkeep, and improvement. If I lived closer to St Lous, I would still go several times a year. Do they need new rides? All parks can benefit from changes and replacements of rides. They don't have to be NEW rides, but rides in good condition with reliable history can benefit any park.

I will state this in negative terms. Grand Carosel DOES look bad and poorly maintained. SF needs to get a good restoration expert in to work on it and make it great again.

That's my opinion: mine alone.

Hello everybody! I'm new to this thread. Though I've been following this for years, only yesterday did I decide to create an account. And as for the name, don't try to make sense of it. I was looking for something as random and unique as possible.

Comments regarding the neglected state of SFSTL are primarily what led to my decision to sign up. I will get to that in my next post.

Back in August of 1994, SFSTL became my first visit to a dedicated amusement park. I was only 17 and I went originally for the sole purpose of mingling with my youth group. Up until that day, I was determined NEVER to get on a roller coaster that was any bigger than the portable ones that are common at traveling carnivals. I used to think those tiny coasters packed so much punch that a 100' tall coaster would be too much. And inverted roller coasters were especially out of the question. This all changed when we got in line for the Ninja. Of course, I had no intentions of riding it. But when I saw a group of old ladies getting out of the train, I started thinking "if they can do it, I can do it". Seriously though, I believe a couple of these ladies were in their 80's. They also looked rather frail. So I decided to go for it. I still remember the first sensation of point of no return following the locking of the restraints. The second sensation of point of no return came once the train started. My anxiety built as I was headed up the lift hill. But once I fell, I was here, there & everywhere, and I loved it! My cousin, and her cousin, who were in the row behind me, had a similar dilemma, and it was those same old ladies who led to their decision to ride. They loved it too. We immediately headed over to Screamin' Eagle and loved it. The River King Mine Train was the third coaster we rode that day. Not as spectacular as the others, but It is still fun. I would later gain an appreciation for Arrow Mine Trains. I revisited in 2004, 2010 & 2013. It was my 2004 visit and rides such as Mr. Freeze and the Boss which made me realize I was a true roller coaster enthusiast.

In 1998, my second visit to an amusement park was my first visit to Six Flags Great America, which turned out to be awesome. The Shock wave, believe it or not, was one of my favorites there. I re-visited in 2002, 2006, twice in 2014, once in 2015 & opening day 2016.

I went to King's Island in 2011, which broadened my scope of theme parks. And I was blown away by last year's visit to Cedar Point. We got to ride all 14 of the adult coasters in one day! I will be revisiting both CP & KI this Friday and Saturday! And finally, I went to Mt. Olympus Theme Park last year. And in May, I went to Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver. So needless to say, I'm building some serious experience as my amusement park trips have really picked up since 2013.

My only visit to SFStL occurred in 2013 and I had a great time. This is coming from someone who in the same year would be at SFGAdv twice a week. You'd think multiple rides on El Toro every week would've spoiled me too much to remotely enjoy myself at SFStL the way people are talking here.

Local fanboys, IMO, always tend to be more critical of their home park than everyone else. I think every right-minded individual would choose SFGAdv over SFStL any day, and yet I see plenty of people rip into SFGAdv on fansites and Facebook groups for the most asinine of reasons, some of whom outright protest visiting the park anymore because now it just "sucks" according to them.

Your park may be not be Disney, Universal, or even at the level of a few of the other Six Flags or Cedar Fair parks, but it does not "suck".

I will weigh in for what it's worth.

In my opinion, the park itself does not suck. It has enough, just enough, to keep me coming back. That being said, the park sure did have one sucktastic year.

If you're just looking at lineups yes, SFA may look like it's not as good and I can see why youd be baffled by complaints if that or something smaller was your home park.

But when you plop down the money it takes at the start of the year for a season pass like my wife and I do, you have certain expectations. And when you go to see broken rides and mind bogglingly slow and inept food service, it makes you less and less excited to return.

Not all of this is controllable. Most of the ride stuff has just been bad luck. I don't think the problems on Superman, JLBFM, NinjaVR, or Boomerang are due to lack of funding or skill. But I do think the food problems can be shook with proper training and proper systems. There is a reason JB's has the best service in the park. It has a system. You pay here, you pick up here. Its simple and many of the resteraunts don't have that.

All of these things are mildly annoying one trip, but when you go once Or twice a month and still food lines are terrible, rides are broken and you see no progres it leads to negativity. Which is voiced here.

I usually make it a goal to point out any staff who were going above and beyond doing their job and really enjoy working in their spot during my visit on the surveys.

But really, have any of the employees at Six Flags St. Louis ever actually gone "above and beyond" doing their job??

It might be hard to see, but we have a couple employees on the board who really do seem to go above and beyond. Although I haven't personally encountered them at the park, I can only assume based on the manner in which they go out of their way to bring us detailed knowledge of attractions and operations, that they probably do a pretty decent job of going above and beyond when they're on the clock.

I think good service is hard to come by anymore, period. It seems like at least every other time we go out to eat we have terrible experiences. I can't imagine the expectation gets better among employees who are not in pleasant climate controlled environments.

I hve been watching this thread for a long time. I used to go to SFStL several times a year until 1993, when a job change make it necessary to drop my visits ( I had season passes since 1983). I returned to the park just recently and would like to give my opinion compared to the 80's and 90's.

The park HAS changed, but not as bad as others have posted. It is not the same as before, but time moves on and things change.

Surprised you didn't mention the Moon Cars... As far as Car rides go it used to be a full Ride Experience, I don't know what to call it now.

I'm a member of several Disney and Universal message boards. Even those "prime" theme parks have pages of people complaining about how employees are horrible, food sucks, and everything is too expensive.

I love Six Flags, I have complaints yes, but I try to not let it ruin my visits.

Have we considered the possibility that everything everywhere is The Worst.

River King has been somewhat neutered, probably due to the lawsuit tendancy of the public. The support system looks like it could use some new wood, and the lift hills are rougher than I remember.

I'm curious how it's been "neutered". Also, remember that someone literally died on it. Different restraint system but if the corporation said "yeah we just want to play it safe" would you really blame them?

My favorite Six Flags memory comes from that ride, actually. Little kid, maybe an inch or two taller than the requirement, is riding alone. Train comes into the station and the kid slides out from under the lap bar and starts running toward the exit. The attendant starts to say something, realizes its too late, makes a face, then just starts resetting the train for the next dispatch.

About the employees at Six Flags St. Louis, I have found most of them to be rather friendly with the exception of a couple during my 1994 visit. In fact, during my 2013 visit, I encountered my favorite ride ops of all time. Until a couple of years ago, everybody thought I looked like Ben Stiller, everybody! And so did the 4 ops who were running "American Thunder". I got handshakes from a couple of them, and they announced that Ben Stiller was on the train. We engaged in conversation and banter. If only I would have thought to get my picture taken with them. I probably could have became Facebook friends with them and sent them a copy of said pictures. It would have been like an autograph for them. LOL They were the "superstars" that people in this forum are searching for. Though other employees have been friendly and interactive, these 4 were the best I've encountered.

When it comes to Amusement Parks, I'm all about Roller Coasters. I have no complaints about the quality of the food, though I try to save money by limiting how much I get. Shows are okay when we're taking a food & drink break. Otherwise, I like to spend the day trying to get as many coaster rides in as possible. If it was just me, I'd probably be spending the entire 10~14 hours dashing from coaster to coaster. I can no longer do most flat rides or non-coaster rides because they make me nauseous. I'm all for the biggest, fastest & newest coasters, but I still respect the fact that many parks, such as Great America, want to remain balanced for the family as opposed to being coaster-heavy like Six Flags Magic Mountain. And I also have an appreciation for vintage coasters. And I can still have fun at any park, regardless of how ran down it is.

All this being said, it does appear that Six Flags St. Louis has gone downhill since my last visit. The fact they haven't received a brand new coaster since 2008 leave me just as disappointed as the next guy. And I find it especially unfortunate that many of their rides are SBNO. And one would not think it was cost much extra to control the weeds.

But here's my theory. Why the Roller coaster Wars of the 1980's and 1990's led to a theme park revival, they have to end sometime. A coaster can only pack so many g's before it becomes dangerous. Also, many parks are land-locked and have no room for expansion. As much as I like to see a new ride, I usually hate to see what rides have to be demolished to make space for it. And lastly, before the coaster wars, just about every regional park seemed fairly equal to the other other. In 1990, SFGA and SFSTL were still comparable with with KI and CP. But once the wars started, I believe that some parks grew bigger than their market could support them. CP and MM, the 2 coaster capitols of the world, are pretty much maxed out with little room to expand, and financially. Six Flags Great America had the potential to outdo them, but they are plagued with Gurney's building height restrictions which caused them to loose any chance of keeping up with Cedar Point and Magic Mountain with world's tallest coasters. So in their best interest, they have decided to remain fairly balanced and they stay extremely busy. Their coasters are still very good for their size. The tight turns and elements in some of their coaster tracks make up for the height restrictions. Some people actually list X-Flight as their favorite winged coaster, though it is the shortest winged coaster ever built. And Goliath, though short, was very unique for track layout.

So we have Cedar Point and Magic Mountain, than we have King's Island & Great America. Though King's Island is one of the most beautiful parks, I rank it as slightly better than Great America in ride selection. These are still among the best parks in the world.

Than we have these seemingly-neglected parks such as Michgan's Adventure and SFSTL. Keep in mind their markets pale in comparison to Great America and Magic Mountain. And Cedar Point is a unique travel destination which takes advantage of it's lake setting and attracts people from all over the U.S., as well as from Cleveland, Detroit, Columbus, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, etc, which are several Metros that are comparable in size to the St. Louis Metro. And King's Island also draws many people from those same areas, and well as Louisville Kentucky, etc. Not to mention, it's about as beautiful as an amusement park can get.

What does St. Louis have to offer that will attract very many people beyond St. Louis? It used to be that SFSTL was mentioned more than SFGA here in Peoria. For one thing, SFSTL came first as one of the only major parks in the region. Before SFGA, they attracted a lot of the Chicago Crowd as well. But now, there's nothing in Six Flags St. Louis, aside from Mr. Freeze & the Boss, to really attract Chicago and other visitors to SFSTL. And I am not for Six Flags putting the same rides in both locations. In my opinion, Batman the Ride should not have been installed at 2 adjacent parks. And I believe adding Justice League to SFGA really gave Chicago less of a reason to head to SFSTL. I'd love to revisit SFSTL, but everybody around here wants to go to SFGA. I'm not complaining though, I'm just saying their don't draw as much distant crowd as they used to.

Six Flags St. Louis has 9 coasters. I doubt ANY amusement park had 9 coasters back in 1990. Perhaps Six Flags St. Louis has become too big for it's market? It's very possible. Six Flags used to invest heavily in almost every park, than they went bankrupt. It was about this time when I started to notice St. Louis being neglected. I do wish them luck though. If they can get the park cleaned up again, than perhaps they will build momentum and grow once again. The roughness of the Boss doesn't bother me. Mr. Freeze is always excellent. And the Screamin' Eagle remains a classic. I enjoy all of their coasters.

A Pandora's box was opened with the coaster wars. Though it did lead to the revival of the amusement park industry, it has ultimately resulted in an inequality between parks in the largest markets and smaller market parks. It may no longer be feasible for the smaller parks to rapidly expand again. But it would be nice if they can find a way to keep clean and properly care for all their existing rides. SFSTL is definitely do for a new coaster and I hope they get one soon. But I won't complain if they don't get one for a while. It looks like Cedar Fair gave nothing to Michigan's Adventure last year, and they don't appear to be getting much of anything this year either. Though that park may be cleaner than SFSTL. I also thought SFSTL's operations to be superior to Mt. Olympus Theme Park's operations.

And don't get me wrong, I loved my visit to Lakeside Amusement Park. There's a lot of history there. But given the choice between super small parks like Lakeside and Elitch Gardens, SFSTL and MA look like Cedar Point. I bet the Denver Crowd who visit SFSTL are blown away. I had always thought Elitch Gardens should have been re-located to a lot that was no smaller than 200 acres with 300-400 acres being ideal. As for Lakeside, I think It should remain the nostalgic jewel it is. It is like a rare time capsule. And in contrast to what I've read online, it was very clean when we were there. I have an aunt, who lives in Arvada, who had refused to go there for all her 17 years in Colorado, based on what people had said. But even she was impressed with how clean it was. I didn't notice any rides down either except for a Ferris wheel that appears to have been sitting there forever. They apparently have started picking it up in recent years? The "Cyclone" sparkled with what looked like a new coast of white paint. But for a s small as it was, SFSTL has a lot more to offer. But keep in mind that no park can be CP or MM, or even KI or SFGA.

^ A lot of writing there; and some good points. I think your end statement is what everyone is NOT claiming for. "SFSTL will not be a MM or CP". Agreed. Never EVER will it be either. But I do not think that I/we are in the wrong for not wanting to go to SFSTL due to lack of investing in thrills/coasters, are we? We got a good wood coaster in 2008, I guess? Don't even get me started about the 26 year old Boomerang shipped to us. Then next year SF gets a bargain on buying a bunch of 4D flippy-drop-dip non-coaster thingies and we're supposed to LOVE IT? Put a freakin coaster in the park!!!!!!!!!! We were to have a B&M hyper. Now we get nothing, ever. Put Lightning Run (hyper-like coaster from Kentucky Kingdom) or buy a TRex prototype on the cheap from RMC. Damn, look at Mexico getting so much love over even an in state SF (us). RMC the Boss and forego steel for 10 more years; do something good and thrilling is all I'm saying....

Actually Six Flags Mexico and St Louis have a lot of the same rides, the only one up they got was of course the RMC and the fact that they have an old Morgan hyper. I'm sure if Six Flags felt iron-horsing The Boss would give them a solid ROI they would've done it by now. Plus the Boss seems to be well liked by people who've ridden it, all it probably needs is a GCI Ghostrider treatment, but then again how much ROI would they get from that??

And those 4D flip "non-coaster" thingies are pretty fun actually and would be more than World's of Fun has gotten in the past 5 years if you think about it.

And those 4D flip "non-coaster" thingies are pretty fun actually and would be more than World's of Fun has gotten in the past 5 years if you think about it.

That's actually a really good point you got there. I wouldn't mind getting one of those flippy flip-flop coasters GADV and FT got.

^ A lot of writing there; and some good points. I think your end statement is what everyone is NOT claiming for. "SFSTL will not be a MM or CP". Agreed. Never EVER will it be either. But I do not think that I/we are in the wrong for not wanting to go to SFSTL due to lack of investing in thrills/coasters, are we? We got a good wood coaster in 2008, I guess? Don't even get me started about the 26 year old Boomerang shipped to us. Then next year SF gets a bargain on buying a bunch of 4D flippy-drop-dip non-coaster thingies and we're supposed to LOVE IT? Put a freakin coaster in the park!!!!!!!!!! We were to have a B&M hyper. Now we get nothing, ever. Put Lightning Run (hyper-like coaster from Kentucky Kingdom) or buy a TRex prototype on the cheap from RMC. Damn, look at Mexico getting so much love over even an in state SF (us). RMC the Boss and forego steel for 10 more years; do something good and thrilling is all I'm saying....

LOL I can't believe I wrote that much. My apologies for that. There was just so much to cover. It is painful to see Six Flags St. Louis in their present state. Especially since they were in a vibrant and ever-expanding state prior to 2008. And Suddenly, Six Flags seems to cut off Six Flags St. Louis. Like I said, we have been spoiled by the expansion projects of the past. But I'm with you in saying the Boss needs some work. I'd be perfectly happy with RMC. I almost feel like I'd prefer GCI restructuring to preserve the classic wooden feel. I don't know if I ever recall the lines being long. So from a business standpoint, they certainly should be doing something to improve it. Even if it is just simple and no frills re-tracking.

I rode the Boomerang in 2003. It was my first ordinary boomerang. It was fun, but nothing to write home about. It strangely had the longest line of all coasters in the park, for being one of my least favorite coasters there. Boomerangs are clone coasters that seem to be everywhere. I would only rate King's Island's Invertigo as slightly better . The giant boomerangs such as SFGAm's old Deja Vu, are the best Vekoma boomerang rides. If only one of those would have came to SFSTL.

I may visit SFSTL for Holiday in the Park this year. It's funny how both SFSTL and SFA, both neglected parks, trying Holiday in the Park this year. Also, CGAm, one of Cedar Fair's neglected parks, is starting Winterfest this year as well. I'm wondering if they are extending the season as a last-ditch attempt to try and bring in more revenue? If so, I hope it works for them. And perhaps that would spark the start of a turnaround for these parks.

Okay, enough writing from me today. haha

We have visited the park five or six times this year so far and my only complaint is slow food service most of the time which seems to be mostly due to understaffing. My seven and nine year old boys have a great time every visit, and they are not quite tall enough for BTR or Mr. Freeze so they have those to look forward to next year. Oh, and please turn Mr. Freeze back around like it belongs!

On a lighter note, I noticed this on our most recent visit, located on the back end of the fountain in the entrance plaza. Nice way to honor Dave whom I met and spoke with numerous times over the last ten years.

Mike

384568631_sixflagsphoto(02254124xA1AA6).jpg.c34b74f0b449e14803bf1a722fc39896.jpg

Dave Roemer plaque

Those 4D S&S coasters ARE a lot of fun. I was surprised by Joker at SFGAdv and now ride it whenever I visit.

I think it's inevitable that (some) SFStL fanboys will whine, bitch, and complain if one of those gets added to the park, but I encourage people to give it a try. It may surprise you.

So, according to the SFStl's Pass Holder announcement email sent today, they are making an official announcement regarding a new ride for 2017 on September 1st.

Let the speculation and b*tching continue

Those 4D S&S coasters ARE a lot of fun. I was surprised by Joker at SFGAdv and now ride it whenever I visit.

I think it's inevitable that (some) SFStL fanboys will whine, bitch, and complain if one of those gets added to the park, but I encourage people to give it a try. It may surprise you.

I think a S&S 4D coaster would be a great addition to the park. I know it's not a hyper or a RMC, but it looks like a lot of fun. Plus, it would be completely different from all of the other coasters in the park. The fact is that Six Flags just isn't paying for big B&M or Intamin coasters any more. The last B&M they installed was X-Flight in 2012, and the last non-RMC/non-4D was Fu11 Throttle in 2013.

So, according to the SFStl's Pass Holder announcement email sent today, they are making an official announcement regarding a new ride for 2017 on September 1st.

No coaster for us next year... or so I've been told

I think a S&S 4D coaster would be a great addition to the park. I know it's not a hyper or a RMC, but it looks like a lot of fun. Plus, it would be completely different from all of the other coasters in the park. The fact is that Six Flags just isn't paying for big B&M or Intamin coasters any more. The last B&M they installed was X-Flight in 2012, and the last non-RMC/non-4D was Fu11 Throttle in 2013.

I just think it'll be funny when we get a 4d. It's a cheap "out" to say "there St Louis, there's your steel coaster". It's BS that it's the way they'll shove it down our throats. "You all want steel, here you go".....when we all know it's an out. Why not go with something else that's unique to THIS park? I'm no "fanboy" by any means, I simply choose to go elsewhere and have more fun for my dollar that way (Dollywood, SDC, Kings Island, Holiday World" because they have unique rides to their area and invest in their big rides. I wish we could admit that a 4d is an out and it's sad they think that's our "treat" and it'll be another 10 years till we get another coaster....by then, who knows what cookie cutter we'll be thrown?

I wouldn't be so confident that we're getting anything even as substantial as a flippy dipper super spin coaster.

Oh, and please turn Mr. Freeze back around like it belongs!

I'd be a season pass holder in a second if this happened.

The 4D coaster will likely be mass-cloned. We shouldn't take any insult when getting one. We will be the first of the smaller parks to get one! I don't think SFI is trying to piss us off (actually, I never believe in this idiocy - they don't cater to us) by slapping us in the face again. I will NOT be insulted what-so-ever by a 4D install. Six Flags is just going through a phase with them, checking off the list no different than they did the Super Loops. A standard addition. Differently, Boomerang was an insult, but not on the asinine personal level it is taken for here.

I still see Six Flags giving us something with patience.

RMC Boss won't happen. Stop dreaming.

Also, as I have tried to explain, Goliath in it's layout at Georgia was never destined for SFSTL. There were early talks of a hyper in the same years of planning that would see Goliath announced, and it shared a similar theme (interacting with the road and lake outside the park), but it was never "stolen" last minute. They were two different pitches but only one could be built, which did result in us not getting ours.

There's a lot of people misconceived that SFOG wasn't planning their own hyper when we were ours. Think about the timeframe and this should have come to you already!

I rode the Boomerang in 2003. It was my first ordinary boomerang. It was fun, but nothing to write home about. It strangely had the longest line of all coasters in the park, for being one of my least favorite coasters there. Boomerangs are clone coasters that seem to be everywhere. I would only rate King's Island's Invertigo as slightly better . The giant boomerangs such as SFGAm's old Deja Vu, are the best Vekoma boomerang rides. If only one of those would have came to SFSTL.

Boomerang, especially ours, has awful capacity. Part of it is normal shuttle coaster woes, but part of it is also the truly hilarious configuration of "we need the guests to be 3 feet back from the gates." Plenty of trains get held up as OPs yell at kids to stand back.

I think the Giant Inverted Boomerangs have significant reliability problems. The wiki for them certainly seems to point to more problems than good old fashioned Boomerangs have. Combine that with significantly higher institutional knowledge of Boomerangs, and even setting cost aside, it's not hard to see why Six Flags likes them more. (The updated restraint system would be a nice surprise though).

Oh, and please turn Mr. Freeze back around like it belongs!

Just to counter-balance the other random opinions on this page: no plz don't tia.

New for 2017 in St. Louis - once a week we will put a B&M Hyper train in DC Plaza and allow guests to enjoy the new coaster smell. We will then launch the train into the parking lot lake using a half completed coaster, Roller Coaster Tycoon style. We just want you to know suffering.

HAVE A SIX FLAGS DAY.