TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Any updates on Boomerang or Superman?

There is currently no new info on Booomerang or Superman. Boomeramg is still expected to reopen before the end of the season. Don't expect to hear anything about Superman till most likely next season.

Is it track work or train work or both that needs to be done? Has whatever work started in earnest yet?

First time poster, long time stalker...

Went to the park on Sunday with family. Only 2nd visit this year. Last few years we have averaged 10-20 visits. Kids just don't seem as excited.

We got there about 3pm. We typical go near end of day to enjoy a less crowded park. It was less crowded by far yesterday.

First ride was mine train...the only thing that stuck out in my head was how tall the weeds have been allowed to grow. Even when leaving the ride there are weeds against the exit turnstile on the right. I know it is not much, but it stuck out in my mind, and honestly takes away from the experience.

Screaming eagle, boomerang and superman not running, although screaming eagle started a short time later, still looks bad when you have one ride running out of the stretch between the new fire ball and the concert venue. Also, pizza place there was not open as well. as we were walking up from boomerang, my 12 year old said, this feels like an abandoned part. Sure looked a little like it as well.

Also rode log flume, american thunder, both of which were walk ons. Think our boat had a hole in it on log flume, as we got in, our operator told us to keep our feet on the bench, because there was so much water in the bottom. In fact my butt got drenched going up the first hill, since I was in the back.

Tried to take my youngest on the scrambler, but as we got in line, it too went down. Youngest rode some kiddie rides, but her favorite, the swings were down as well.

didn't even attempt a snack, as my wife and I decided most of the people in the park were in food lines. after a 20 minute wait, we filled our sports bottle thing, but didn't fill them again, as even line we walked by was 15-20 people deep. Crazy to have an empty park and still have those kind of lines.

Played one game, my son played the soccer game, and always enjoys playing that game. The attendant at that game was entertaining.

Overall, it was a disappointing visit. I have been going to this park since I was 5, and have these fond memories of a really crisp looking park, with a feel good atmosphere. Maybe it was because I haven't been much this year, but even my kids, who are die hard fans of rides, weren't overly excited with the visit. Usually we have to drag all of them out, yesterday, not so much. They were ready after a few hours. On a good note, got back to the eagle after it started running again. Great ride as always. American Thunder was as always, a really great ride. It was a walk on, which is crazy to me, as it is one of the best rides in the park. The whole experience kind of reminded me of the movie adventureland. Just seemed like a 3rd or 4th tier park yesterday.

I don't mean to bash the park, just one family's view and opinion of the quality of the park. Still looking forward to fright fest and holiday in the park. I don't try to compare the park to disney, Silver dollar city or cedar point, but I do expect it to be close to holiday world, or at least resemble a tier 2 park, not a run down nearly abandoned park...

^ I grew up at SFSTL since 72 and it is very sad. The weeds, seriously? They can't spray the weeds a few times a year? My neighbors would shame me to no end if I let my lawn get that bad.

I moved to OH and haven't been since 2014 but the differences are just striking. At both CP & KI a flat like Scrambler is always a walk on even on a busy day, SFSTL it can be 30 minutes on a slow day.

Although I would like more dedicated refill stands at least CF has them scattered throughout the parks, SFSTL has always seemed to abhor such things, much preferring you wait in a 20 minute food line to get a drink. I recall a couple by the entrance and that is about it.

My kids have been asking to go back for nostalgia next summer but I am really dreading the "experience". The one bright spot is the ride ops. I rarely have had an issue with them and I find most are really good even if they are short staffed as is the case most of the time.

First time poster, long time stalker...

Went to the park on Sunday with family. Only 2nd visit this year. Last few years we have averaged 10-20 visits. Kids just don't seem as excited.

We got there about 3pm. We typical go near end of day to enjoy a less crowded park. It was less crowded by far yesterday.

First ride was mine train...the only thing that stuck out in my head was how tall the weeds have been allowed to grow. Even when leaving the ride there are weeds against the exit turnstile on the right. I know it is not much, but it stuck out in my mind, and honestly takes away from the experience.

Screaming eagle, boomerang and superman not running, although screaming eagle started a short time later, still looks bad when you have one ride running out of the stretch between the new fire ball and the concert venue. Also, pizza place there was not open as well. as we were walking up from boomerang, my 12 year old said, this feels like an abandoned part. Sure looked a little like it as well.

Also rode log flume, american thunder, both of which were walk ons. Think our boat had a hole in it on log flume, as we got in, our operator told us to keep our feet on the bench, because there was so much water in the bottom. In fact my butt got drenched going up the first hill, since I was in the back.

Tried to take my youngest on the scrambler, but as we got in line, it too went down. Youngest rode some kiddie rides, but her favorite, the swings were down as well.

didn't even attempt a snack, as my wife and I decided most of the people in the park were in food lines. after a 20 minute wait, we filled our sports bottle thing, but didn't fill them again, as even line we walked by was 15-20 people deep. Crazy to have an empty park and still have those kind of lines.

Played one game, my son played the soccer game, and always enjoys playing that game. The attendant at that game was entertaining.

Overall, it was a disappointing visit. I have been going to this park since I was 5, and have these fond memories of a really crisp looking park, with a feel good atmosphere. Maybe it was because I haven't been much this year, but even my kids, who are die hard fans of rides, weren't overly excited with the visit. Usually we have to drag all of them out, yesterday, not so much. They were ready after a few hours. On a good note, got back to the eagle after it started running again. Great ride as always. American Thunder was as always, a really great ride. It was a walk on, which is crazy to me, as it is one of the best rides in the park. The whole experience kind of reminded me of the movie adventureland. Just seemed like a 3rd or 4th tier park yesterday.

I don't mean to bash the park, just one family's view and opinion of the quality of the park. Still looking forward to fright fest and holiday in the park. I don't try to compare the park to disney, Silver dollar city or cedar point, but I do expect it to be close to holiday world, or at least resemble a tier 2 park, not a run down nearly abandoned park...

Well said. I completely agree with the fond childhood memories. I've not been in several years due to the lack of improvements to rides and such. Everything is down or the attendants are lackluster. We're planning a trip to Holiday World instead....

I don't check my email often, but I did tonight. I had a satisfaction survey from the park about my visit at the end of July. As most of you noticed by my trip report, I didn't have a good experience. I don't know how much of an impact these surveys actually have, but I hope it at least made them stop and think.

I don't check my email often, but I did tonight. I had a satisfaction survey from the park about my visit at the end of July. As most of you noticed by my trip report, I didn't have a good experience. I don't know how much of an impact these surveys actually have, but I hope it at least made them stop and think.

I've always wondered if they carry any weight, as well. If anything, hopefully open their eyes a little.

The comments from those surveys do get read and they get sent out to the individual departments Managers and Supervisors. We try and make improvements based on the comments but are usually told to "make it happen" without getting any additional funds or resources. As for the other stuff on the surveys I'm not sure who sees that. I'm not even sure if Corporate reads the comments or if it is just to the individual parks. All I know is the departments do see them.

The comments from those surveys do get read and they get sent out to the individual departments Managers and Supervisors. We try and make improvements based on the comments but are usually told to "make it happen" without getting any additional funds or resources. As for the other stuff on the surveys I'm not sure who sees that. I'm not even sure if Corporate reads the comments or if it is just to the individual parks. All I know is the departments do see them.

I usually make it a goal to point out any staff who were going above and beyond doing their job and really enjoy working in their spot during my visit on the surveys.

I usually make it a goal to point out any staff who were going above and beyond doing their job and really enjoy working in their spot during my visit on the surveys.

But really, have any of the employees at Six Flags St. Louis ever actually gone "above and beyond" doing their job??

But really, have any of the employees at Six Flags St. Louis ever actually gone "above and beyond" doing their job??

maybe not.... sure most are bored and you can see it, but they have always been courteous and friendly and helpful when speaking to me.

Have you had a situation occur that gave them the opportunity to go beyond? Most aren't gonna be that superstar during an ordinary encounter. ( should they be? maybe, but..... are you at your job???)

k

Just an FYI that this is the reason I'm pretty much done with this thread. The sad part is that I came to it tonight with optimistic news and updates to report, especially as I am looking forward to going to lunch with Pete Friday. But hey...have a Six Flags Day. Some of y'all are just ridiculous.

Just an FYI that this is the reason I'm pretty much done with this thread. The sad part is that I came to it tonight with optimistic news and updates to report, especially as I am looking forward to going to lunch with Pete Friday. But hey...have a Six Flags Day. Some of y'all are just ridiculous.

While I'm interested in the information you have to share, I applaud the fact that people have finally opened their eyes to this park. The complaints are all about real issues with the park. The thing is, these problems have been around for quite awhile. I'm not sure why we are having a "Great Awakening" all of the sudden but I'm glad posters are no longer being sunshine pumpers about the park.

Have you had a situation occur that gave them the opportunity to go beyond? Most aren't gonna be that superstar during an ordinary encounter. ( should they be? maybe, but..... are you at your job???)

Yes, actually there were several chances for employees to go "above and beyond," or to "wow" us while we were at the park, and you know what happened?? They didn't. They all continued to be bored, uninterested employees. Should they be a superstar during an ordinary encounter?? Yes. Yes they should be. Their job is to be a "superstar!" To make sure everyone they interact with has the best experience possible, and no one at that park is making that happen. (And yes, I ALWAYS go above and beyond for every guest I interact with every day. No exceptions.)

I don't think anyone here is being ridiculous. We are being honest. The park sucks. That's all there is to it. Enjoy your lunch Friday. Maybe you can open Pete's eyes, and he can do something to fix the park.

While I'm interested in the information you have to share, I applaud the fact that people have finally opened their eyes to this park. The complaints are all about real issues with the park. The thing is, these problems have been around for quite awhile. I'm not sure why we are having a "Great Awakening" all of the sudden but I'm glad posters are no longer being sunshine pumpers about the park.

I think the reason for the "Great Awakening" is because more people who have never been to the SFStL before are visiting the park, and having awful experiences. Those who think the park is all rainbows and sunshine have been locals who haven't had the chance to experience a good park. So to them Six Flags St. Louis is amazing.

Even though I had the worst visit in the 20 years I've been going to SF last month, I still greatly appreciate what you bring to this thread. I love your photos and positive outlook for the park. I personally feel like DoinItForTheFame's post was a little harsh especially being that you and other park employees are members of TPR. I doubt he meant any offense. But a little rewording would have been more appropriate.

I don't think our Park Sucks, I think we all feel it could be so much more with a bit (or a lot) more attention. There is a lot of potential here which is not realized. After years of hoping things will turn around, nothing is really happening and we are all frustrated. We sit back and read about other parks getting great rides and coasters most of us have abandoned SFSTL and visit these other parks. Year and year we get hand-me-downs or new rides which are nothing special (except for Justice League). Now most of the park appears to be SBNO or running half-a** or something. Just another year at SFSTL.

I'm a member of several Disney and Universal message boards. Even those "prime" theme parks have pages of people complaining about how employees are horrible, food sucks, and everything is too expensive.

I love Six Flags, I have complaints yes, but I try to not let it ruin my visits.

FYI, I hope we don't get a hyper, cause I'll never ride it. Spend the money on a good family ride.

I don't think our Park Sucks, I think we all feel it could be so much more with a bit (or a lot) more attention. There is a lot of potential here which is not realized. After years of hoping things will turn around, nothing is really happening and we are all frustrated. We sit back and read about other parks getting great rides and coasters most of us have abandoned SFSTL and visit these other parks. Year and year we get hand-me-downs or new rides which are nothing special (except for Justice League). Now most of the park appears to be SBNO or running half-a** or something. Just another year at SFSTL.

Omfg. Y'all get hand me downs. Six flags America has two hand me down coasters from six flags great America and your complaining. Since y'all want to complain in this thread let's compare line ups.

Omfg. Y'all get hand me downs. Six flags America has two hand me down coasters from six flags great America and your complaining. Since y'all want to complain in this thread let's compare line ups.

A few things...

1) The fact that another park is arguably worse doesn't make a park suck any less. You think Six Flags America sucks but if I showed up wanting to "compare lineups" with Conneaut Lake it would look like Disneyland.

2) I've never been to Six Flags St. Louis so I can't comment on it, but I think Holiday in the Park will give everyone a slightly better opinion of the place. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.