TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Total Mayhem?

I think Two Face would be a cool "new" name to go with as well! However, more than likely, if they're going Superhero Themed name, I'd bet another "Riddler Revenge" would become a thing!

Oh, and talk about Six Flags having no chill... I just went to the SFStL website, and what pops up but an ad for a discounted Season Pass... With a picture of a B&M Hyper! Sorry SFStL fans...

^lol I wasn't going to say it.

I'm going to throw my money in the hat and my guess is S&S Free Spin.

It was heavily rumored earlier this season and spoken about, but the trail has gone cold. I would suspect the Free spin has been delayed another year, unless corporate is panicking about this years drop in attendance.

In all honesty the ride choices are quite limited... considering we already have JL:BFM, Superloop, Sky Screamer. So we could predict to get the new thrill ride package (Harley Quinn,Spinsanity, etc), an S&S, an RMC, or a new HH expansion, unless SF begins putting in new rides. Any of these would not be bad, but I am personally leaning to one option (Possibly wrong about all this info)

The coaster is actually the S&S 4D Free Spin. It's kinda funny, because it's getting talked about in almost every six flags thread on TPR. Either every Six Flags park is getting an S&S 4D Free Spin, or most of the rumors are wrong.

Six Flags Great America just closed four rides. Orbit is done forever, while at least one of the other rides may be moving. Screamscape has a rumor that Six Flags Great America is getting an S&S 4D Free Spin in the location of the ride(s) that's moving. This is also where Ragin' Cajun was located, before it moved to Six Flags America. It will be interesting to see how many of these end up at Six Flags parks in the future.

It's messed up to think that 10 years ago SFSTL seemed like it still had a pretty good edge on Holiday World, to the point where I didn't even know Holiday World existed. Now, a relatively short time later, it's pretty much unanimous that Holiday World is a far superior park to the point where too many people choose to drive three hours away for only four roller coaster offerings. This is what happens when you make the decision to ignore your competition. Sucks to hear the park has gone down hill... again. I'm missing our posts from Josh to at least keep our hopes up.

^ I'm thinking of getting a CF pass for 2017. I haven't been to WOF in 10 years, so a change would be nice.

We went earlier this year. You're not missing much. Your money is better spend elsewhere at Silver Dollar City or Holiday World, unless you plan to visit Cedar Fair's other gems, specifically Fury 325 and whatever park it's in. On that note, If given the option, I would scrap our entire park from Screaming Eagle to Justice League for a clone of Fury 325, a beer stand, and a porta potty. You can even sell off the rest of the acreage to be used for the worst smelling landfill in the country and I would still visit at least once a year, as opposed to the current park.

I still don't "get" the sudden love for Holiday World. Other than Thunderbird, I wasn't impressed with any of their wood coasters. Sure, the first hill for The Voyage is fantastic, but I was ready for the ride end as soon as we hit the bottom. It's a helluva lot rougher that The Boss. I prefer American Thunder, Pandemonium, Batman, and Mr. Freeze to the three woodies at HW. Hell, we had 2 day tickets to use this past May, and left a day early. I still have no desire to return.

I did enjoy the free drinks, so it wasn't a complete bust.

Can the hand me down be Goliath from SFOG?

Pssssst. The love is because of the waterpark.

Which wasn't any more exciting than Hurricane Harbor... Which is why I didn't even bother mentioning it.

That isn't even a little bit correct. HH has nothing on Splashin Safari!

Which wasn't any more exciting than Hurricane Harbor... Which is why I didn't even bother mentioning it.

That's like, your opinion man. I wasn't impressed to the point I feel the need to return anytime soon.

To be fair, I'm not a big fan of ANY waterpark.

In all honesty the ride choices are quite limited... considering we already have JL:BFM, Superloop, Sky Screamer. So we could predict to get the new thrill ride package (Harley Quinn,Spinsanity, etc), an S&S, an RMC, or a new HH expansion, unless SF begins putting in new rides. Any of these would not be bad, but I am personally leaning to one option (Possibly wrong about all this info)

During one of the town hall meetings, it was discussed that Hurricane Harbors next expansion would be in 2019. Also, a member of the maintenance team said that Sound Stage might be on the chopping block in the near future for a new attraction.

That's like, your opinion man. I wasn't impressed to the point I feel the need to return anytime soon.

To be fair, I'm not a big fan of ANY waterpark.

Well you are entitled to your own opinion just everyone else is entitled to think you're an idiot for having that opinion. It's pretty obvious you didn't even really experience Splashin Safari. The two water coasters alone are worth the price of admission