TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Sorry. One last thing:

Shout out to Screamscape for very dramatic but lacking-facts post. #ThanksLance

Actually some of his post sounds pretty accurate. And if superman does reopen, I wouldn't be surprised if it were only 2 or three cars.

Well, for starters, we have a great maintenance division, so his comments about their aptitude are not appropriate. Second, his whole thing about JLBM isn't rooted in facts. Things with that ride have absolutely nothing to do with the park being handed a ride from "HQ" (lol) without the proper maintenance budget. The main problems have to do with the ride system and hardware/software itself rather than a lack of maintenance.

To quote a Sally Corp VP who I was texting with yesterday, "It's been a rough journey, but I think we finally have it now." (The rest of the conversation included some details, but I'm going to leave it at that for now.) Especially as more JL rides are built, it will only mean better upgrades to reduce downtime for us.

Yes, Superman & Boomerang are having longer term issues it seems, but Tidal Wave is an issue that came out of the blue and is being corrected as we speak.

The lighting package on that star flyer is great, but I'll gladly settle for Cedar Fair better than average lighting. Yes, you'd love a Mercedes to replace your crappy old 2003 cobalt, but let's all come back to earth and be content with a nice Honda Accord, before we go shooting for the moon...

Superman requires a minimum of 3 cars to operate.

I'll never not be curious about details like this. Why? My knee-jerk guess is that the counterweights (which I'm literally guessing exist, I really don't know) can only be configured to deal with 3 cars at minimum, but I'd love to know for sure.

Is there a decent source for technical information on theme park rides? It feels like it should be trivial to get information on these more-or-less off the shelf rides, but maybe the potential audience is too low for anyone to bother publishing it.

Thanks in advance.

I have a question and please forgive my ignorance-

this year I am a first time gold dining pass holder and I have a few questions concerning the use of the dining portion of my pass after the schedule changes for fright fest and shorter hours etc.

1) is the blue bottle for refills good until the end of the year (in this case January?)

2) do they change the hours that the dining pass is able to be used or are you just out of luck after fright fest starts and the park opens with only the last half of the dinner/snack period available?

I am asking about Fridays in particular, the other days are pretty much the same just shorter hours. December will be a new thing since they don't open til 2 pm.

any Ideas - I guess I could go to guest relations and ask too..

Kevin

1) is the blue bottle for refills good until the end of the year (in this case January?)

2) do they change the hours that the dining pass is able to be used or are you just out of luck after fright fest starts and the park opens with only the last half of the dinner/snack period available?

1) the souvenir bottle should be good throughout the rest of 2016 including HITP

2) I'm pretty sure the Dining Plan doesn't change during FF.

just got back from the park and this happened -

also the list of broken attractions keeps expanding...

no shows - no train - if your not a thrill rider or a get wet rider there is not a lot to do in the park these days.

sucks being too fat to ride the good rides

Kevin

flags8.9.160001.thumb.JPG.25b2fa2e01e295f6a8289276532d3101.JPG

tidal wave open

flags8.9.160002.thumb.JPG.33555a248feea3ec634536cb04df3837.JPG

I guess they fixed the leak

flags8.9.160003.thumb.JPG.a65666b3ab60d920bfa18f79e7e10664.JPG

people riding

flags8.9.160004.thumb.JPG.2f53aacd5b4a9204431627e9ee0b2f38.JPG

5 attractions down - getting to be a pattern

no shows - no train - if your not a thrill rider or a get wet rider there is not a lot to do in the park these days.

Kevin

Highland Fling was down for the day for a minor issue, but it should be back up and running by tomorrow. The Railroad's been down for a fair while now, but they actually did have it do a cycle today around the park to test it and I'm sure it'll be open within a day or two.

1) the souvenir bottle should be good throughout the rest of 2016 including HITP

2) I'm pretty sure the Dining Plan doesn't change during FF.

Since the parks hours change during Fright Fest, they do change the hours for the Season Dining Pass hours. I don't remember what they change to, but they do change the hours.

Kevin

Look on the bright side Kevin, they only have room for 3 more broken rides. Hopefully they will fill those slots with the good ones.

^lol I wasn't going to say it.

I'm going to throw my money in the hat and my guess is S&S Free Spin.

And since it seems Tidal Wave is not being removed, I'm going to guess it will go up on the hill just past it. It would be cool to have a season of no removals and only an addition lol! The only other logical spot I could think of is removing the Axis Arcade and putting it there.