TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Alright I know when we're doing our day trip now. We're going the first Saturday in August (6th). We chose a date when the park closes at 10 to ensure we have enough time to spend the day since we got that 5 hour drive from Illinois. ^ I'm just as upset as you are about Raging Bull getting the VR treatment.

As big a travesty as putting VR on Ride of Steel

Alright I know when we're doing our day trip now. We're going the first Saturday in August (6th). We chose a date when the park closes at 10 to ensure we have enough time to spend the day since we got that 5 hour drive from Illinois. ^ I'm just as upset as you are about Raging Bull getting the VR treatment.

As big a travesty as putting VR on Ride of Steel

Well thanks for answering. I don't think lines will be a big issue for us. Our home park is Six Flags Great America so we're pretty used to waiting in long lines. It's just a matter of picking a date.

In contrast how do you think lines will be there at Great America this Monday and Tuesday? Because that is when I'll be there.

Last time I went was pre-Ragjng Bull. Hope to ride before VR screws up the wait time.

If you have the Gold Pass, they will let you in 15 min early (entrance on the far right) and I would head straight back to Goliath. I was there a few weeks ago and they let me in at 10:15 and I was on the first Goliath train at 10:20. I got four rides in before 11am, so that's the strategy I would suggest. Raging Bull is tons of fun and one of the better B&M hypers. The day I was there, it was running 3 trains and the crew was hauling on dispatches. It doesn't have seatbelts like Diamondback, so they get the trains out quick. Plus, I hardly felt the trim and we cruised right through the MCBR.

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I'm a gold pass holder from SFStL and I'm planning a trip up to great america in August. What is the fingerprint situation there? First, I can't remember even getting my fingerprint taken when we bought the passes last fall. Second, I've never seen SFStl use them. I may have to ask this on their forum...

Well thanks for answering. I don't think lines will be a big issue for us. Our home park is Six Flags Great America so we're pretty used to waiting in long lines. It's just a matter of picking a date.

In contrast how do you think lines will be there at Great America this Monday and Tuesday? Because that is when I'll be there.

Last time I went was pre-Ragjng Bull. Hope to ride before VR screws up the wait time.

If you have the Gold Pass, they will let you in 15 min early (entrance on the far right) and I would head straight back to Goliath. I was there a few weeks ago and they let me in at 10:15 and I was on the first Goliath train at 10:20. I got four rides in before 11am, so that's the strategy I would suggest. Raging Bull is tons of fun and one of the better B&M hypers. The day I was there, it was running 3 trains and the crew was hauling on dispatches. It doesn't have seatbelts like Diamondback, so they get the trains out quick. Plus, I hardly felt the trim and we cruised right through the MCBR.

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I'm a gold pass holder from SFStL and I'm planning a trip up to great america in August. What is the fingerprint situation there? First, I can't remember even getting my fingerprint taken when we bought the passes last fall. Second, I've never seen SFStl use them. I may have to ask this on their forum...

They do have a Gold Pass entrance to the right of the main entrances and they just scan your pass there without requiring the finger scan.

Well August is almost here and the announcements will be coming soon. My guess is a 4D Zack Spin whatcha-ma-callit for 2017, maybe Tidal Wave removal as well.

I hate you, because you're probably right.

Superman will again be down for an extended period of time. Just an FYI for anyone planning a trip.

I thought this was already determined. . .

Also, hasn't Superman already been down for an extended period of time?? I don't get what the problem is that could cause it to be down this much. . . Do other similar rides have this much downtime??

They actually had scrims around Superman when we were there yesterday. What don't they want us to see

My theory: the Intamin Gods demand fowl sacrifice and management doesn't want the public to see the grisly sight. This explains the re-opening of the fried chicken dining location, as well as the absence of Tweety and Foghorn Leghorn from the dance party late last night.

Well August is almost here and the announcements will be coming soon. My guess is a 4D Zack Spin whatcha-ma-callit for 2017, maybe Tidal Wave removal as well.

I hate you, because you're probably right.

Although I would love STL to get a unique steel coaster, after riding The Joker at Great Adventure I would love for one to come to our park. They're a ton of fun.

I bet superman has a better chance of reopening this year than Lightning Rod does even if the tower falls over.

Although I would love STL to get a unique steel coaster, after riding The Joker at Great Adventure I would love for one to come to our park. They're a ton of fun.

This is why Americans are so easy to brain wash. You starve people to the point where they will be thrilled with any bone you throw them.