TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I highly recommend Carowinds. You can definitely do everything in one day, but if you have the option for an evening and another day that would be ideal. My friend got a chance to ride all of the less desirable coasters when they were less crowded during the first evening, while still enjoying time on Fury. Then, the next day we just had a chance to relax and ride what we really wanted to ride.

There's also an awesome beer/liquor super store within walking distance from the park, Frugal MacDoogals!

http://www.frugalmacdoogal.net/

In case we needed more proof that Cedar Fair handles their second tier parks better than Six Flags does.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but...

Does anyone know why Superman Tower Of Power, and Boomerang are both listed on the parks website as "Temporarily Closed?" I'm planning my first trip to the park later this month and was actually wanting to ride Superman.

Any ideas as to why they are closed, or how long they have been closed??

(Apologies if this has already been discussed.)

Superman has been down for repairs and should be about ready to reopen.

Word on the street is that repairs should be beginning soon on Boomerang.

I have heard that they are waiting until the park goes to weekends only operations to begin the major repairs to the track.

Boomerang broke down over two months ago. They haven't even started repairs?

It's Six Flags. . . Give them a few more months and repairs should start.

I'm sure their goals is to get it up and running by next season so they can market it as an all new coaster.

I'm pretty sure no one at Cedar Fair corporate actually groups their parks into tiers.

Well they clearly treat Cedar Point differently, but you just explained my point. Six Flags does have tiers, and the difference in them is dramatic - Cedar Fair doesn't and the superiority of that policy is evident.

I'm pretty sure no one at Cedar Fair corporate actually groups their parks into tiers.

Well they clearly treat Cedar Point differently, but you just explained my point. Six Flags does have tiers, and the difference in them is dramatic - Cedar Fair doesn't and the superiority of that policy is evident.

Six Flags doesn't have tiers. Despite what you may think thats not a thing. Ride investments are based on return on investment. For example a ride like YOLOcoaster is going to make the company more money at a park like Magic Mountain than it would at a park like SFSTL. Since the company has become financially stable in the past couple of year, larger and more "risky" investments are likely to begin in the next couple of years. Its basic business.

Bingo. For any business, not just the theme park industry, "Where can we invest so that we make the most money?" is always the driving question.

Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows why the mine train has been breaking down so much lately? Every time I've been there this season it has been down, two times with me on it.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the top scores are on Justice League. It would be really neat if they kept a leader board. Lately my scores have been in the 400k's.