TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

OK Listen. I don't care if they serve sh*t on a stick. They have cold beer and a patio. I rarely eat park food, anyway.

OK, listen. You don't and haven't been to the park in forever. So don't scold me for my opinion of a "new restaurant" in the park. Capisce? And before you call me "butthurt", I'm not.

I took my niece and nephew, who were visiting from Oregon, out to the park yesterday since we had the "get someone in for $10" deal through the end of this week. The park seemed really crowded because of that. They had a blast. We literally rode every ride except Highland Fling and Thunder River. I rip on the park (because honestly, sometimes it deserves it) because it all seems old hat to me. I have more of an appreciation for the park when I see it through the eyes of a 14 and 12 year old. We were there for over 8 hours and I had to drag them out of the park after I logged 13.53 miles of walking. That is a lot on this 50 year-old body!

On a side note, I have been to the park close to a thousand times since the early 70's and I can recall maybe one or two times that someone threw up on a ride. It happened twice to us yesterday. I am proud to say that it wasn't anyone in our party.

Overall, it was a pretty successful day and everyone had fun. Even Justice League and New Revolution were running smoothly. I finally got to enjoy NR with working VR after 3 unsuccessful attempts earlier in the year. The kids absolutely loved the VR on the ride. They have skipped Ninja on previous trips because it bangs them up badly. They both agreed that they would ride the coaster again since it had the VR aspect now. We weren't waiting another hour for it like we did earlier in the day. Mean Uncle had to put his foot down on that decision.

I forgot how the entrance process is, but do you have to have a pass to get in if you're already a pass holder,where you just get your finger scanned, or do you need the pass too?

Yes you must have the pass with you.

However, you can input your pass number into the Six Flags mobile app, and then you no longer need the physical pass if you show it on your phone.

OK Listen. I don't care if they serve sh*t on a stick. They have cold beer and a patio. I rarely eat park food, anyway.

OK, listen. You don't and haven't been to the park in forever. So don't scold me for my opinion of a "new restaurant" in the park. Capisce? And before you call me "butthurt", I'm not.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean for you to think I was dogging your opinion. I was just letting you know my personal stance.

I forgot how the entrance process is, but do you have to have a pass to get in if you're already a pass holder,where you just get your finger scanned, or do you need the pass too?

Yes you must have the pass with you.

However, you can input your pass number into the Six Flags mobile app, and then you no longer need the physical pass if you show it on your phone.

Yeah, I did all this back in April. I found out last night that he got a new phone, so he obviously doesnt have the app.

If you don't have the physical pass just get the Six Flags app and add his pass to it. You will need the pass number though. Hopefully you can find the purchase receipt email or something..

Not being in GR, I don't know how all of the policies are 100% now, but because the new season pass card style doesn't have your picture on it, the cards are pre-printed and sent to the park. Because of that, the number on your card will most likely not reflect the number on your receipt/voucher. You will need your pass to get in the park, so if you don't have it, just stop by Guest Relations, as someone already mentioned.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean for you to think I was dogging your opinion. I was just letting you know my personal stance.

It's all good, Dude. I was just hoping for fried chicken like Calico's used to serve. Something different. And trust me...more beer in the park is always a big plus in my book!

Josh's List of Facts (Not Opinions)

1. I am employed by Six Flags St. Louis.

2. I have been very vocal about my support and defense of the park in the past.

3. I visited the park with my mother after I got off this afternoon.

4. I tried the Ninja w/ the New Revolution VR.

5. The VR video for all four people in our car was stuck at different places and never moved during the ride.

6. The VR was causing the Ninja's trains to wait 2+ minutes on the break run before entering the station.

7. I had to take oxycodone & ibuprofen after my ride on the Ninja.

8. I have never had to take oxycodone because of a ride before.

9. I have never been in so much pain at a theme park before (coming from someone who left HR by ambulance in January).

10. I cannot say anything else without just stating facts, so I am going to stop now (See Fact #1).

Bonus Facts

1. The Cyborg animatronic in JLBM was wearing 3D glasses.

2. The glasses, as well as some cups sitting on Cyborg's desk, were put there by ride attendants.

3. The ride's Lead told me that people putting 3D glasses on Cyborg has become a regular occurrence unfortunately.

4. I have pictures & names of employees to make sure it is taken care of but would suggest anyone who sees similar problems in the future to please post a picture here, so that it can be taken care of by park management.

Good Night

Edited by HWFan

I visited the park today as well and have a few notes:

-New Revolution: Rode it twice, hour wait first time and 30 minutes the second. Both times the VR worked perfectly, except for a glitch in the station that resulted in me asking for another VR headset which they gave me. It's an unpopular opinion, but I loved the VR. However, with the wait times it's causing, I hope it's a limited engagement.

-Justice League: Like HWFan said, I saw an employee go up to Cyborg and put 3D glasses on him. Why are employees even allowed to touch him? My ride was one of the most glitchy I've had: no fire effect, no LexBot fog screen, no laughing gas at the end, and no Lex Luthor hologram. Still love the ride, especially the finale.

-Fowl Ball: Walked through, didn't eat. Looks like cheap copy of JB's. I mean, I'm glad it's open, but I wish they would have brought back Calico's instead.

-The Boss: Rougher than I recall. I still enjoy it, though.

-Fowl Ball: Walked through, didn't eat. Looks like cheap copy of JB's. I mean, I'm glad it's open, but I wish they would have brought back Calico's instead.

I thought the same thing

5. The VR video for all four people in our car was stuck at different places and never moved during the ride.

6. The VR was causing the Ninja's trains to wait 2+ minutes on the break run before entering the station.

My friends tried out virtual reality yesterday and it made them both sick. They both said it wasn't worth the wait. I didn't try it out because i'm not a big fan of not seeing where i'm going, and the line for the regular Ninja was much shorter. One of my friend's headsets started glitching in the middle of ride and couldn't see anything. Also, it takes a lot longer than it should to get the trains loaded due to the VR.

I was there yesterday too and I noticed the cups and 3D glasses at Justice League. We rode about 8pm and I think most of the effects were working. My major complaint is the food service still. Everything is understaffed. I also wish that the snack credit could be used till later in the night.

I did the VR a couple of days ago and I now have a complaint.

The VR headset I got when I got on the ride died on the final helix

During the ride, one of the cushion straps came loose and I had to deal with a sharp edge constantly hitting my nose.

I tried to hold the headset so it wouldn't hit me, but it didn't help. My nose still hurts from that.

I visited the park today as well and have a few notes:

-New Revolution: Rode it twice, hour wait first time and 30 minutes the second. Both times the VR worked perfectly, except for a glitch in the station that resulted in me asking for another VR headset which they gave me. It's an unpopular opinion, but I loved the VR. However, with the wait times it's causing, I hope it's a limited engagement...

The Ninja VR seems truly amazing when it works. I think I'll give it another try later in the season, but just not quite yet.

My guess is that over time we'll see more overheating (as the hardware naturally ages it'll just become less reliable) and less video de-sync (as the software gets updated).

It's possible, of course, that Samsung/whoever did the software end of things never updates this, but development of VR is a relatively high priority for all parties. Six Flags is obviously pushing it as a big initiative, and so is Samsung. Oculus only exists as a VR company, and their branding is present. There's also the chance that the handsets in the Gear VR units are upgraded over time, but that feels sorta unlikely due to relatively high marginal costs.

Delayed trip reports from Carowinds + Cedar Point from a STL local if anyone is interested.

Carowinds:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42435&p=1713904#p1713904

Cedar Point:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853&p=1717293#p1717293

Excellent! You just made me want to visit Carowinds. That's one place we've never gotten around to. It seems like we should.

I highly recommend Carowinds. You can definitely do everything in one day, but if you have the option for an evening and another day that would be ideal. My friend got a chance to ride all of the less desirable coasters when they were less crowded during the first evening, while still enjoying time on Fury. Then, the next day we just had a chance to relax and ride what we really wanted to ride.

There's also an awesome beer/liquor super store within walking distance from the park, Frugal MacDoogals!

http://www.frugalmacdoogal.net/

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but...

Does anyone know why Superman Tower Of Power, and Boomerang are both listed on the parks website as "Temporarily Closed?" I'm planning my first trip to the park later this month and was actually wanting to ride Superman.

Any ideas as to why they are closed, or how long they have been closed??

(Apologies if this has already been discussed.)

Does anyone know why Superman Tower Of Power, and Boomerang are both listed on the parks website as "Temporarily Closed?" I'm planning my first trip to the park later this month and was actually wanting to ride Superman.

I would guess Boomerang is closed due to the incident that happened several weeks ago. I have no clue about Superman.

Boomerang derailed back in April

Not too big a loss. It's just a rang, you've ridden one you've ridden them all. It sucks you guys didn't get the new Vekoma trains though, carolina cobra is pretty tolerable with them

Well, here is the second perfect opportunity for the park to do so lol! Yeah right....