TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Awesome and much appreciated info. I too enjoy learning the technical aspects (I am a biologist, so the curiosity sense is strong....but lacking in mechanical areas naturally).

The forum usually is a jovial one, and all of my posts have been pretty lacking in that regard. I really love studying the mantis shrimp, and it does create cavitation bubbles to kill its prey. Thought I would try to insert some humor when expressing my gratitude at the depth of your explanation.

Enjoyed the insight!

Cool information on the Thunder River pumps. Very interesting.

I know it's a little off-topic now, but here is the first video of "Gravitor" (Rush Street Flyer) at La Ronde. I've been at the park a couple of times, and everyone seem to love the ride!

Thanks for sharing. Maybe it's just the audio, but it doesn't seem to really howl like it used to. I'm not really impressed with the carnival-type railings leading up to the ride. Maybe it's the limited view in the video, but it makes it look really cheap. It really makes you appreciate our elevated setting on the hill that we had at SFSTL. Hopefully the location will have a more impressionable effect on our Larson loop as well. I won't be able to say until I see it in person at HITP.

(Yes, I will be returning to the park this year for HITP!)

Got caught in the wicked rain storm at the park Saturday. Man I would really hate to be there during a legit emergency. Everyone was calmly trying to leave before it got bad, which it did, and the system to get from Hurricane Harbor to the parking lot was a little jarring. You had to wait for everyone to squeze out of two turnstiles in HH because they "have to know how many people where in the water park". Then they had employees forming a red rover chain blocking the main turnstiles again bottlenecking the crowd. I understand but It was frustrating. Totally could've made it to my car without getting soaked the process was smoother.

There are turnstiles in both directions so they know if it's hit capacity. On really busy days, there will be a queue to enter, and as people leave, they'll let an equal number in. I'm not sure exactly what the capacity is, but it's well past the level of "too many damn people in this waterpark." If you see a queue, just turn around. Not worth it.

Oooh, stuff just got real. You don't mess with Imo's.

Okay, Holiday World meets the minimum threshold of awesomeness required to mess with Imo's.

Stuff will really get real when commercials start popping up during Cardinal games lol

Featuring Matt Holliday?

You are correct, draining and refilling Thunder River with 2 million gallons of water takes more than a couple hours. It takes a couple days. Which is why they didn't technically drain it. Instead they did a pump down.

I enjoy hearing about this stuff! Where's the reservoir located, if you don't mind my asking?

Also, am I correct that the crossing is the ramp you can see from the exit of Freeze?

You are correct, draining and refilling Thunder River with 2 million gallons of water takes more than a couple hours. It takes a couple days. Which is why they didn't technically drain it. Instead they did a pump down.

I enjoy hearing about this stuff! Where's the reservoir located, if you don't mind my asking?

Also, am I correct that the crossing is the ramp you can see from the exit of Freeze?

The reservoir is the big lake/pool before the lift at the end off to the side. And yes the ramp is the one you can see from Freezes exit.

There are turnstiles in both directions so they know if it's hit capacity. On really busy days, there will be a queue to enter, and as people leave, they'll let an equal number in. I'm not sure exactly what the capacity is, but it's well past the level of "too many damn people in this waterpark." If you see a queue, just turn around. Not worth it.

The capacity of harbor changes from day to day based on staffing levels, but generally it is 4,000-4,500 for normal days and maxes out around 5,000 on busy days. Once capacity is hit they "meter" the guests, so for every one guest that leaves one is allowed in.

Bar food, beer, and a patio area with umbrella tables. Seems like a good addition.

Seems like crap from the other food locations thrown into one place.

Nah, cause then it would have been named 'Foul Crap'

Bar food, beer, and a patio area with umbrella tables. Seems like a good addition.

Seems like crap from the other food locations thrown into one place.

That is the only place you can get a bratwurst in the park. Other than that yes.

I forgot how the entrance process is, but do you have to have a pass to get in if you're already a pass holder,where you just get your finger scanned, or do you need the pass too?

Pretty sure you need the pass as well.