TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Um that was supposed to be locker not fluffy fluffy bunny filled with whatever it says. Don't know where in the internet that came from

Oh come on! Why can't I type the word I want? It keeps substitution the silly phrase for a very common word to store things in...whatever

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, Iockers are a touchy subject around here and tend to invoke flame wars. Don't ask me why. So Robb's solved the problem with this wonderfully ridiculous phrase so anyone trying to start a flame war looks ridiculous. I love it, and my wife and I actually call them "fluffy bunnies" in spoken conversation.

Glad you liked SFStL! It has its shortcomings (food is one of them), but I always say you'll have a good time unless you're determined not to.

Ahhh got it! Wasn't trying to inflame anything, just reporting on what the out of towners/never been befores were saying. We only live about 20 min from SFSTL so there a lot and grew up attending. That's why I was involved in lots of conversations and questions sessions with the other ACE attendees. They were interested in the history of the park and knew we were locals

Ah, cool. We're quasi-locals, as I have a lot of family in St. Louis, and we're only about three hours away. I've been going to Six Flags for better than 20 years, since it was Six Flags over Mid-America. Thanks for your report on the new-old chicken restaurant. That's pretty much what I was expecting. I would have loved a fried chicken place, but any way to improve food service there is a big deal. We always pack a cooler and go out to the car to eat. It's actually faster than standing in those lines....

Interesting day today as far as rides go. They were working on Mr. Freeze today, so that was closed. Since they were working on Mr. Freeze, they drained the water out of thunder river and closed it as well. Batman was down for a little bit because during testing it stopped on the lift hill. Went over to mine train, and it was stuck, so it was closed down for a little bit as well. Maintenance was working on superman and boomerang is still down.

Interesting day today as far as rides go. They were working on Mr. Freeze today, so that was closed. Since they were working on Mr. Freeze, they drained the water out of thunder river and closed it as well. Batman was down for a little bit because during testing it stopped on the lift hill. Went over to mine train, and it was stuck, so it was closed down for a little bit as well. Maintenance was working on superman and boomerang is still down.

Coaster Capital of Mis......oh, wait.

Coaster Capital of Mis......oh, wait.

Lol! Also, Highland Fling was down for a bit as well when I was there.

Mr. Freeze was down for the first half of the day so they could replace one of the booster LIMs up on the spike. Whenever they've got to get a crane onto Freeze Island they have to drain TR so it can cross over. Freeze did reopen around 4 though.

Mr. Freeze was down for the first half of the day so they could replace one of the booster LIMs up on the spike. Whenever they've got to get a crane onto Freeze Island they have to drain TR so it can cross over. Freeze did reopen around 4 though.

Me and the SO went after work yesterday. Got there at maybe 6, and Thunder River was operational. The fact that it was drained only a few hours prior is nutso and makes me want to see how they fill it. I would have thought that filling the entire thing would take longer than a few hours.

Me and the SO went after work yesterday. Got there at maybe 6, and Thunder River was operational. The fact that it was drained only a few hours prior is nutso and makes me want to see how they fill it. I would have thought that filling the entire thing would take longer than a few hours.

Ohh okay. I wasn't there for the whole day due to the heat, but some of the staff were saying that they would be opening Mr. Freeze and Thunder River back up late afternoon.

The design of Thunder River as it relates to Mr. Freeze access is pretty smart engineering. At the same time, when TR has its pumps off, the water at the crossing point is still around 3ft deep. When I worked up in Season Pass Processing in 2013, I always liked sitting on the porch when TR was fired up and the water quickly materialized to create a river where dry concrete existed only seconds ago.

Also, in terms of accessing Freeze (again TNT please correct any false info), there is a faster but more difficult way to cross as well. If Freeze were to valley, which I've seen twice, TR and Colossus will close immediately. Once TR is clear and maintenance is ready to cross, Dave told me that they could "put the pumps on reverse, which would give maintenance only 45-60 to cross the river before 3ft of water filled the area again. This made it faster to reopen TR without having to pump as much water into the reservoir.

In other news, I talked to Pete a bit yesterday, and he is still very happy & optimistic. I didn't get to discuss the park much unfortunately, because he was mainly asking about my Alabama working vacation (which you can find my long photo TR on the Alabama Adventure discussion thread) and about sitting with/meeting Matt Eckert (President of Holiday World). I actually hadn't seen much HW advertising until ordering pizza last night:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0865f7b3f3dd35a9127e837b2d95d85.jpeg

They know exactly which pizza place to advertise with.

And there it is...the reason I'll read these posts for the rest of my life...cavitation discussions. If you want some hardcore biological cavitation action...the Mantis shrimp creates cavitation bubbles with its raptorial appendages with such ferocity that the water boils immediately and releases bursts of light. No joke.

This probably would also be bad for the pumps.

And there it is...the reason I'll read these posts for the rest of my life...cavitation discussions. If you want some hardcore biological cavitation action...the Mantis shrimp creates cavitation bubbles with its raptorial appendages with such ferocity that the water boils immediately and releases bursts of light. No joke.

If you actually read my post you would clearly see that I was addressing a possible way to cross Thunder River without draining it. Cavitation came up when I mentioned that the ride would preform an e-stop if the water level drop to low. Now if you want I will gladly tell you more about cavitation such as the two different types and causes. If you don't like the technical insight that I provide about rides then don't read my post.

Please don't be offended, I truly enjoyed your post...seriously. Having fun but not poking fun! Wasn't trying to be a jerk, just impressed that you gave us that much detail, and I wanted to call it out without being fawning. I just recently got crushed for "butthurt" about reaction to one of my posts. Now I'm on the flip side.

Eventually I'll locate the sweet spot (obvious reference skipped).

If you actually read my post you would clearly see that I was addressing a possible way to cross Thunder River without draining it. Cavitation came up when I mentioned that the ride would preform an e-stop if the water level drop to low. Now if you want I will gladly tell you more about cavitation such as the two different types and causes. If you don't like the technical insight that I provide about rides then don't read my post.

Please don't be offended, I truly enjoyed your post...seriously. Having fun but not poking fun! Wasn't trying to be a jerk, just impressed that you gave us that much detail, and I wanted to call it out without being fawning. I just recently got crushed for "butthurt" about reaction to one of my posts. Now I'm on the flip side.

Eventually I'll locate the sweet spot (obvious reference skipped).

Also down for the info on the two types. BTW.