TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Let's just try to work on considering other people's viewpoints, before being so quick to dismiss them around here!

Yeah, again... relax. I don't care about your two paragraph responses to something that doesn't even matter at this point. I'm not trying to be a d*** about it or make enemies, I'm just being honest.

Edited by prozach626

As far as Boomerang's concerned, it shouldn't be going anywhere, at least for a while. However, the GP shouldn't expect it to be reopened any time before at least Fright Fest.

Not that I care but... Wow, Closed 'til FF seems rather extensive

^I edited it to sound less like a J.O., but yeah... I really don't...

If anyone can tolerate an excruciating 4 hour drive to visit KK on a random weekday this summer, let me know. I'd like to go to the park, but I'm not flying solo. Someone old enough to have a beer or so if they so choose and someone preferably normal. Offers open for the summer.

Let's just try to work on considering other people's viewpoints, before being so quick to dismiss them around here!

Yeah, again... relax. I don't care about your two paragraph responses to something that doesn't even matter at this point. I'm not trying to be a d*** about it or make enemies, I'm just being honest.

I had a really long, well-written, and well-reasoned two paragraph response to this all written out, but then I realized something... I don't really care either! So, I guess that's something we have in common now!

Oh, and I'd have no problem joining you at KK if it weren't five and a half hours away, and having a beer or two (I actually heard they have margaritas there in the waterpark!). You ever come up to Michigan's Adventure (I have no idea why you would, but...), let me know! We can marathon Shivering Timbers, and drink beer and eat brats in the beer garden. Those are literally the only two things worth doing in the dry side of the park!

Just read the news about KI getting a coaster next year. That and with SDC's new coaster, sounds like STL will be the place to be for 2017 - right in the middle for easy road trips to these parks.

Just read the news about KI getting a coaster next year. That and with SDC's new coaster, sounds like STL will be the place to be for 2017 - right in the middle for easy road trips to these parks.

That's the spirit! Way to be positive!

Well said! AND, you'll save $20 for parking at SFStL!! Coaster Capital of Mizzourisssssss!!!!!

Seriously.....they better step their game up because there's a rumored coaster addition to Holiday World as well; 3 hours from downtown STL. They're advertising like crazy here! They get my business before going to a park that gets the bird every offseason.

Is Fireball still drawing a decent crowd from the GP, how is the progress on the suspected new restaurant? Is the VR doing better? How is JL doing at the moment? Has the HITP preview building been opened yet? How is The Boss doing right now? Please, lets step away from the silly bickering and finger pointing.

It's all horrible. The restaurant has been on fire for days and there is still an hour long line for food. VR is blinding people and the roller coaster is literally snapping their necks it's so rough. Over at JL, thanks to bad ops, someone flipped a safety toggle and Cyborg's laser started going off, randomly vaporizing guests (although this did reduce queue time somewhat). The HITP preview got mixed up with the Fright Fest preview and now Krampus is making every child in the park cry uncontrollably. Some trickster - I suspect Wily E. Coyote - installed vibration motors in all the Boss's trains so it's rougher than ever. Worse still I had to drive a full 30 minutes to get to the park but my built in seat massagers were broken so I got drop toes.

This all could have been avoided.

This. Is. awesome!!!!

If only we had gotten Goliath instead of Georgia.

Thanks Six Flags.

Is Fireball still drawing a decent crowd from the GP, how is the progress on the suspected new restaurant? Is the VR doing better? How is JL doing at the moment? Has the HITP preview building been opened yet? How is The Boss doing right now? Please, lets step away from the silly bickering and finger pointing.

It's all horrible. The restaurant has been on fire for days and there is still an hour long line for food. VR is blinding people and the roller coaster is literally snapping their necks it's so rough. Over at JL, thanks to bad ops, someone flipped a safety toggle and Cyborg's laser started going off, randomly vaporizing guests (although this did reduce queue time somewhat). The HITP preview got mixed up with the Fright Fest preview and now Krampus is making every child in the park cry uncontrollably. Some trickster - I suspect Wily E. Coyote - installed vibration motors in all the Boss's trains so it's rougher than ever. Worse still I had to drive a full 30 minutes to get to the park but my built in seat massagers were broken so I got drop toes.

Thanks Six Flags.

At least Batman hasn't started rattling.

Thanks Six Flags.

At least Batman hasn't started rattling.

It'd take 15 consecutive acts of god to make a B&M rattle I'd think.

Now that you're finally done arguing ...how are the Saturday and Sunday crowds at the park?

I wouldve been going tomorrow, but it's just going to be too hot, so it'll be interesting to see if it's actually crowded. Next weekend is bring a friend free.

^I edited it to sound less like a J.O., but yeah... I really don't...

If anyone can tolerate an excruciating 4 hour drive to visit KK on a random weekday this summer, let me know. I'd like to go to the park, but I'm not flying solo. Someone old enough to have a beer or so if they so choose and someone preferably normal. Offers open for the summer.

I might be down for that. I'm a teacher and on summer break, although I,have quite a few things planned for the summer. However, I might be able to go. Let me know when you're thinking.

To add to my above post, my personal philosophy on traveling to parks or traveling in general is that if our destination is within 12 hours or so, we're good to drive. Any further than that and we hop a flight.

If I can spend 12 hours in a dirty cramped Ford Taurus while wearing a bullet proof vest strapped around my torso and a heavy belt strapped very tightly around my waist, to the point where my holster is digging into my side, a 12 hour drive in gym shorts with my lovely wife by my side is a pleasure. I guess it's all what you're used to. Three hours on the other hand is nothing.

and... To add to the economy car argument, when we don't take our Crosstrek, we take my STI, which is on 18" wheels, summer track tires, and 'track tuned suspension.' Not to mention the drone from the aftermarket exhaust and constant on and off spooling of the turbo and factory bypass valve noises. Basically the STI is a poor man's race car, being an economy car set up for the track. It's definitely not as pleasurable as the Crosstrek or the Fit, and it certainly makes something in comparison to a 1995 Honda Accord seem luxurious. Grow some back bone, guys.

Wait until you have kids!

This man speaks the truth! I have no problem driving long distances. In fact, our honeymoon trip was a giant road trip all over the Midwest and into Canada. We used to drive up to SFStL in the morning, stay all day, then drive back. It was a long 18 hour day, including drive time, but totally doable.

With kids, you don't want to drive more than three hours in a day. There will be consequences, no matter how good your kids are.

Oh, no doubt. It's why we've chosen not to have kids for several more years, if ever.

As far as calling it "Insanity" to get up early and go to bed late for the theme park... that seems a little dramatic. Tiring? Yes. Insanity? Far from it. Life is too short to live a pampered lifestyle.

I didn't call it insanity. Maybe someone else did, I'm not sure. I just said it's long but doable. I'm with you on the philosophy of just go do it. In some ways, I'm still recovering from my Cedar Point trip, and I got back a week ago. No regrets, and I'd totally do it all again.

Have fun at Kentucky Kingdom! It's a great little park. Don't ride T3. Go on Thunder Run at least once. Ride Lightning Run and Storm Chaser as much as possible. Also, the waterpark has a nice beer garden you'd like. There's some covered seating too.

Finally got a ride in on the New Revolution. It's really good, not great though. The headsets really do have zero latency, and it does make for a much better ride than just vanilla Ninja. I think putting this on mid-tier thrill coasters like Ninja is the right play. Too much more exciting and you'd want to see the sights from the top of the hill, too much tamer and the VR experience may not be interesting enough. If you're skeptical of the idea I doubt it'll convert you. Full disclosure, I very much want this nonsense to catch on because I think it is cooler than all get out, so I was primed to at least enjoy it, if not love it.

One line of the queue was maybe a 30 minute wait; didn't have a watch on me to time it. The park was at its summer standard of "walk on everything" though, so relatively speaking, it's significant. I don't want to think about what the line will look like when people are actually there, like during Fright Fest.

The biggest problem, I think, is that improving throughput is going to be a struggle. Waiting until riders are seated to hand out headsets (which is what happens now) means extra time getting them on, clipping them in, and seeing if they're overheated from prior runs. There could be significant gains in handing headsets to the people on the platform to do that initial stuff, but at that point I think you'd be talking about handing out a lot more equipment, and who knows if they're willing/able to do that. The only other gain I can think of is that in the fall, the headsets probably won't overheat quite as readily.

Meanwhile in "its Theme Park Review not Roller Coaster Review" chat, me and the SO went to see the Broadway revue at the Palace Theatre. The show was just short versions of maybe one or two dozen songs from various musicals; what was surprising was the selection. The cuts were pretty deep/borderline inappropriate for a family act. Next to Normal isn't a show many people are familiar with (my SO had to remind me of what the show was when I'm Alive came on). While I certainly don't mind seeing Chicago in any context, All that Jazz isn't exactly a squeakly clean song. Anyway, the theater was clean and air conditioned and the talent was above average high school students (which is almost certainly exactly what we were seeing). A very pleasant value added proposition.

Also, the Daffy Duck Dance Off is happening in the plaza in front of...the Empire theatre? Is that what it's called? Whatever, the point is it is some characters dancing in costume in St. Louis summer heat. Not particularly inspiring, but there is literally no way these workers are being paid enough.

Just got back from my first visit to Six Flags St. Louis and I have to say I really enjoyed it! It probably helped that park was completely dead. The water park had some pretty good rides, and even though they do not have a huge steel coaster the wooden coasters make up for it. The coaster lineup was very solid, my favorites being American Thunder, which was so amazing front seat, I loved it. I also loved The Boss, I know this ride has a bad rep but there was something about that overall out of control feeling was just fantastic. The Screaming Eagle was great as well, you can't beat a classic. Overall a wonderful day at Six Flags St. Louis hope to be back soon!

Just got back from my first visit to Six Flags St. Louis and I have to say I really enjoyed it! It probably helped that park was completely dead. The water park had some pretty good rides, and even though they do not have a huge steel coaster the wooden coasters make up for it. The coaster lineup was very solid, my favorites being American Thunder, which was so amazing front seat, I loved it. I also loved The Boss, I know this ride has a bad rep but there was something about that overall out of control feeling was just fantastic. The Screaming Eagle was great as well, you can't beat a classic. Overall a wonderful day at Six Flags St. Louis hope to be back soon!

Glad you had a great visit!!

I wonder when SFSTL will start giving out clues on what will be closing in 2016 in preparation for 2017?

What makes you think something is closing? ...must of missed that rumor. My guess is Tidal Wave would get the axe.

I wonder when SFSTL will start giving out clues on what will be closing in 2016 in preparation for 2017?

What makes you think something is closing? ...must of missed that rumor. My guess is Tidal Wave would get the axe.

Probably because Georgia started hinting the same thing today.

I also loved The Boss, I know this ride has a bad rep but there was something about that overall out of control feeling was just fantastic.

Boss gains another convert! Haters gonna hate. Boss just shakes it off.

I feel like I need to ride this thing. It seems to be having the same impact on people as Mean Streak.