TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I would say that JL: BFM has been quite successful. I think a coaster would not bring more people

cert, They are good coaster. but do not carry an infinite number of persons

I don't even know how to respond...

in fact, and better if you do not, you would avoid unnecessary ugly figures

... If you build It, they will Come ....

The park is making a nice slow recovery from the bankruptcy and is not quite ready to be the park everyone wants it to be. There are still things to be fixed and painted, upgrades to be made to prepare for future growth. I predict "it" will be built in either 2020, 2021, or 2022 to coincide with the park's 50th anniversary. We can endlessly speculate or wait and see....... or we can do both and have a lot more fun.

^A coaster like Fury 325

Yes, but that's kind of a tall order. Literally and figuratively speaking. I like to think realistically, so I think even a run of the mill Hyper is even a bit of an exaggeration.

^A coaster like Fury 325

Yes, but that's kind of a tall order. Literally and figuratively speaking. I like to think realistically, so I think even a run of the mill Hyper is even a bit of an exaggeration.

You're thinking smart. I'm pretty certain we wont see a hyper of ANY kind in at least the next 5-7 years. I obviously dont know everything in store for the parks future, but I "have an idea" if you catch my drift. A major new coaster is not something I see happening in the foreseeable future for SFSTL, but there are things coming, does that mean something big is out of the question, absolutely not. Usually corporate has options for each park, 1 option being leaned towards more than the other, and for the most part that is what happens, one instance we got the less of a chance option was AmThunder... not a bad addition by any means, but I would have liked to have seen something with a better layout, but it was cheaper to use a predesigned layout and AmThunder's layout worked to keep the moon cars, so I get it. Of course there have been so many options that we have lost out to, and the same goes for some of the other smaller SF parks... and of course everyone knows about our lost Hyper. But SFoG got that rare 95% chance not happening happen. But did you know there were plans at SFSTL back in the day for an Intamin Freefall instead of Rush Street Flyer. Or how about the AquaPlex multi slide for HH. And then there was the plans for a larger coaster on Freeze island right before Freeze came along. These are just a few that stick out in my head. Anyway, there may or may not be an option out there for SFSTL that I would put in the moderate category. Is it big... for SFSTL standards I would say probably. Is it unique... meh, matter of opinion. Is it a coaster... maaaaaaaybe. Is it a "I'm gonna drive 400 miles for this ride"... probably not. Again, this is an option, not a guarantee, and is it going to happen next year, 95% not, but still on the table for future depending what other options get thrown on the table. In the long run, I would try to prep yourself for more clones, more copies, more generic rides... overall, get used to SFSTL just being kind of like the generic mall food court, many options, but the same can be found elsewhere and nothing unique, but maybe the rare pop up exotic cuisine gets thrown in the mix at some point.

but there are things coming, does that mean something big is out of the question, absolutely not.

You must be talking about that 300 foot Mule-Go-Round

BETTER THAN THAT!!! the Dippin' Dots guy said his brother's ex-girlfriend's sister's boss's roommate's mailman confirmed it being the "Reverse 500 ft Mule-Go-Round Coaster"

News - Per e-mail sent from SF, New Revolution opens for season pass holders on the 28th, and to the general public on the 29th...same as a free bring-a-friend weekend and HH opening, which means i"m sure the park will see higher than usual attendance. I'm so glad there's nothing new or at all unusual about The New Revolution, so I'm sure ops on it will be able to handle the crush!

Also they're looking to hire people to play some DC heroes. That makes me happy. Wandering entertainment is one of those things I've seen a more this year then last. It's no hypercoaster but it always helps it feel more like a theme park to me.

Went earlier and Freeze had a hiccup, but I got to ride it. Seems someone threw up on The Boss, as there was a big delay. As for the ride, I didn't notice any difference, if there was supposed to be one. Rode Fireball and doubt I'll ride it in the summer, at least not on a really hot day, as it made my stomach weird. It wasn't anything special, so it at least didnt take up much space.

Justice League update:

Justice League reopened Saturday. The ride experience is the same but the car movements felt more aggressive actually causing me to slide around a bit. Most people I have talked to think the ride is more aggressive than it was, others disagreed. The ride ran Saturday and Sunday with significantly less downtime than before. Oceanering and Sally are still on site working on the teething issues of the new system. There have been less reports of scenes not working and guest seem in general very thrilled with the ride were as before the upgrades people's reaction was less enthusiastic. Be sure to ride it and post your thoughts.

I had the best ride I've ever had on Justice League on Saturday. All the effects worked and there were no technical difficulties. They have reprogrammed Joker's scene so you don't face away from him as much. I still am blown away by the ending simulation sequence. We waited about 45 minutes. The line wasn't moving any faster than it did last season.

In other news:

-Fireball was a 30 minute wait. It was a fun addition to the park, but nothing spectacular and definitely not a "must-ride". If it has less than a 15 minute wait I'd ride it again.

-Ninja's station and area have New Revolution signs all over them, including the games booth.

-Boomerang's train is missing still and its orange paint is already significantly fading and peeing (it used to be nice to look at, now it looks rust-colored). I wouldn't be upset if they just scrapped it.

-Food had no lines but that was probably because it wasn't crowded at all. Why are dining pass snacks only usable until 7:30 though?

-We wanted to ride Boss at night but as we were next to ride they started to fill the train with weights (at 9:30 at night though?). After it took them 15 minutes to load two cars we left, then saw they were done. We decided just to hop on Pandemonium and ride it til they kicked us off.

-In Justice League's line, we had a brother and sister in front of us who both appeared to be 10 or younger. No parents whatsoever. They decided to spend the whole time in line punching and fighting and running into us and everybody else around them. We made sure not to end up in the same vehicle as them.

Justice League update:

Justice League reopened Saturday. The ride experience is the same but the car movements felt more aggressive actually causing me to slide around a bit. Most people I have talked to think the ride is more aggressive than it was, others disagreed. The ride ran Saturday and Sunday with significantly less downtime than before. Oceanering and Sally are still on site working on the teething issues of the new system. There have been less reports of scenes not working and guest seem in general very thrilled with the ride were as before the upgrades people's reaction was less enthusiastic. Be sure to ride it and post your thoughts.

I don't recall much difference, but I think in the part with the Joker shooting the gas, you're directing in front of him for a few more seconds. Everyone in my car loved it, especially a little kid. I think what might make the ride better is maybe putting in in regular 2d, since almost all of them were saying that they dont like 3d, though I personally do. But with this ride, I don't find the 3d to be THAT good.

Something I noticed about Mr Freeze is loading part really needs A/C, maybe even "cold" air to give it a nice effect.

Something I noticed about Mr Freeze is loading part really needs A/C, maybe even "cold" air to give it a nice effect.

I'm reasonably certain there is A/C in that station, just not turned on yet. It's just one of those weird weekends where it was almost hot enough for a lot of things.

Rode Tsunami Soaker for the first time, and I'll just go ahead and say it - if you don't like this ride, you hate fun. Exceptions made for anyone that just doesn't like water rides (but I question your sanity in St. Louis summers).

Also, history question - what was on the little island before Mr. Freeze was installed? It's such a weird size.

I'm reasonably certain there is A/C in that station, just not turned on yet. It's just one of those weird weekends where it was almost hot enough for a lot of things.

Rode Tsunami Soaker for the first time, and I'll just go ahead and say it - if you don't like this ride, you hate fun. Exceptions made for anyone that just doesn't like water rides (but I question your sanity in St. Louis summers).

Also, history question - what was on the little island before Mr. Freeze was installed? It's such a weird size.

Nothing, if I'm not mistaken. I know there was some jungle cruise knock off in the days before Thunder river, so maybe they had some themeing along the banks, but as far as I remember it was always unused and overgrown.

Nothing, if I'm not mistaken. I know there was some jungle cruise knock off in the days before Thunder river, so maybe they had some themeing along the banks, but as far as I remember it was always unused and overgrown.

It was Mississippi River Adventure instead of the Jungle Cruise but yes same concept and a definite knock-off. Although when I was 5 I thought it was awesome

-Food had no lines but that was probably because it wasn't crowded at all. Why are dining pass snacks only usable until 7:30 though?

I have NEVER understood this. As I have said before limiting when you can get your food just makes the lines worse. They would be better off if it was spread out. Besides about 9 is when I usually want a funnel cake

I think it would be cool if another attraction would be added to Freeze Island. There is still plenty of space for a thrilling flat, or even another coaster with a small foot print. Just keep it themed to Mr. Freeze.