TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Was Six Flags St. Louis the first Six Flags park to get a "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" roller coaster?

New England got the first one, but, Fiesta Texas and STL got the first ones with this theme.

Which one opened first Six Flags Fiesta Texas or Six Flags St. Louis?

Holiday In The Park is the big new "attraction" for this season. So when you consider the addition of HITP, Fireball, New Revolution, plus all the other smaller upgrades the park has received this season including an entirely new underground power grid, this has been a pretty good season for this park.

Holiday In The Park is the big new "attraction" for this season. So when you consider the addition of HITP, Fireball, New Revolution, plus all the other smaller upgrades the park has received this season including an entirely new underground power grid, this has been a pretty good season for this park.

I couldn't agree more! 2016 is the best year the park has had in several seasons as far as new additions and attractions! I'm so so so looking forward to HITP!!!!

Still recycling rides I see.

You're right, they should have scrapped it because ???

?????

I'm no theme-park-ologist, but at a guess, moving rides around provides an attendance bump because the rides are new to a huge portion of guests, and because it gives a hook for advertising. Most of the people at La Ronde don't care that their new ride used to be in Missouri, they care that they have a new ride.

Saving money by moving rides around is one of those weird efficiencies that Six Flags can take advantage of by having a bunch of locations. We can spitball about whether we in STL are seeing enough of a benefit from having a semi-unique ride removed in favor of the Nth installation of a big loop, but it seems likely that these are the decisions that fuel multiple large scale installations across the chain every year while still driving up stock prices and paying dividends to shareholders. Poo-pooing recycling out of hand feels unwarranted.

I dunno, though, maybe you had some deeper thoughts?

I couldn't agree more! 2016 is the best year the park has had in several seasons as far as new additions and attractions! I'm so so so looking forward to HITP!!!!

I'm really glad HITP is happening as well. I always thought it stayed relatively warm enough through New Year's to make something like that happen here in StL. For real, was it Thanksgiving or Christmas last year that it was around 70 during the day? Regardless, I think it could be a real hit here. Haven't been to any of the other SF parks for their's, so what all does it entail? I'm guessing lots of lights, rides when the weather's cooperating... anything else?

I'm really glad HITP is happening as well. I always thought it stayed relatively warm enough through New Year's to make something like that happen here in StL. For real, was it Thanksgiving or Christmas last year that it was around 70 during the day? Regardless, I think it could be a real hit here. Haven't been to any of the other SF parks for their's, so what all does it entail? I'm guessing lots of lights, rides when the weather's cooperating... anything else?

Also adds a couple of shows, extended use for the season pass, and my favorite: checking out the construction of new rides (If they start early)

Does anyone else think that SF might add something on Colossus (Ferris wheel) like the Jack O Lantern during FF?

The big things are obviously the lights and décor around the park. Shows are also a huge part of it and as this park has some of the largest theaters in the chain, they should be able to put on some pretty good shows. Also the park will have seasonal food options and HITP specific merchandise. And as for watching the construction of new rides that is also fun to do in the "off season" even Fireball construction started the day after the park closed this year. So who knows, there may be some sight seeing opportunities.