TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Why dont they just have RMC topper track the helix yet? Its the same crap every year. Good in April, and god awful by October.

I remember Schilke talking about Topper Track not liking high vertical gforce manuevers. Can anyone tell me what the case is with stong laterals and Topper Track?

Source:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Strong laterals aren't much of an issue for Topper Track. It's been running without issues on Tremors for years in one of its most intense turns.

Hey guys... I'm planning a trip out to SFStl on 4/23 and noticed that the Six Flags website has Mr. Freeze listed as "temporarily closed". Can anyone confirm this or have any info about it? Thanks!

Must be fine now, as there isn't anything on the site.

Now in order to make this post SFSL-related so that it keeps with this forum's rules....

^I usually ride The Boss once per year. In 2014, it was so uncomfortable for me (and I can ride the Voyage 3+ times without leaving my seat) that I chose not to ride it in 2015. While the ride isn't overly smooth, it has definitely improved. I'd like to echo TNT when I say that the new track and banking on the first helix seemed to have the train making the turn into the MCBR a lot faster than usual. Part of that could also be because it had just poured down rain for a couple hours, making the ride even faster. Either way, The Boss is much better than it has been, but of course it will all be subjective (and subject to change). Finally, I was thinking about this yesterday: How many wooden coasters run three trains consistently in the country/world. I know that the Voyage was designed to but ended up not having enough time to safely load/unload...partially because of the time it takes people to put their stuff in the lockers. The Boss has insane capacity for a woodie, which is something an 'Iron Boss' could really subtract from, in theory.

But anyway, here's the main reason for my post....

Before heading off to work for the day, I wanted to take a quick second to announce that I won't be gone from the park all summer, like I mentioned was possible. Instead, I'll be only gone from around May 7th to June 11th. I am extremely lucky to have the opportunity to spend five weeks down in Alabama working/living with Dan & Pat Koch (from Holiday World fame), as they continue to expand and improve their newest park, Alabama Splash Adventure. While I've been friends with the Koch's for a few years now, they have shown me incredible hospitality in letting me live with them for free. Plus, they created me a position that will have me working in HR, Group Sales, Operations, IT, and Marketing every day/week. I'm really, really looking forward to it, and I'll try to post a ton of pictures to the ASA forum as much as possible, but I still plan on keeping up with what is going on around here too.

Now in order to make this post SFSL-related so that it keeps with this forum's rules....

^I usually ride The Boss once per year. In 2014, it was so uncomfortable for me (and I can ride the Voyage 3+ times without leaving my seat) that I chose not to ride it in 2015. While the ride isn't overly smooth, it has definitely improved. I'd like to echo TNT when I say that the new track and banking on the first helix seemed to have the train making the turn into the MCBR a lot faster than usual. Part of that could also be because it had just poured down rain for a couple hours, making the ride even faster. Either way, The Boss is much better than it has been, but of course it will all be subjective (and subject to change). Finally, I was thinking about this yesterday: How many wooden coasters run three trains consistently in the country/world. I know that the Voyage was designed to but ended up not having enough time to safely load/unload...partially because of the time it takes people to put their stuff in the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. The Boss has insane capacity for a woodie, which is something an 'Iron Boss' could really subtract from, in theory.

Before heading off to work for the day, I wanted to take a quick second to announce that I won't be gone from the park all summer, like I mentioned was possible. Instead, I'll be only gone from around May 7th to June 11th. I am extremely lucky to have the opportunity to spend five weeks down in Alabama working/living with Dan & Pat Koch (from Holiday World fame), as they continue to expand and improve their newest park, Alabama Splash Adventure. While I've been friends with the Koch's for a few years now, they have shown me incredible hospitality in letting me live with them for free. Plus, they created me a position that will have me working in HR, Group Sales, Operations, IT, and Marketing every day/week. I'm really, really looking forward to it, and I'll try to post a ton of pictures to the ASA forum as much as possible, but I still plan on keeping up with what is going on around here too.

L-U-C-K-Y. Sounds awesome. Looking forward to hearing your updates with Koch family and Alabama Splash Adventure.

^

Well, since it's a Sunday, the crowds should be normal/low.

How long you stay at the park depends on what rides you prefer.

I recommend going to JLBFM first to get the long line over with.

Finally, No. The VR will not be available until the end of May.

And just because I think this is necessary: Fireball won't be open

Batman is one of the most underrated coasters I've ever been to. I think if it hadn't been cloned to death the layout would be much more praised as one of the better 'old school' B&M layouts.

Congrats, Josh. I'm sure you'll keep us updated. We look forward to it.

^

Well, since it's a Sunday, the crowds should be normal/low.

How long you stay at the park depends on what rides you prefer.

I recommend going to JLBFM first to get the long line over with.

Finally, No. The VR will not be available until the end of May.

And just because I think this is necessary: Fireball won't be open

It wasn't necessary, but you go above and beyond. Thank you, SixFlagsAstroworld

I just received the SFSTL passholder email newsletter. They just could not help themselves. They are referring to Fireball as a "coaster loop".

I just got that too, and had to roll my eyes. Sheesh.

How would you describe Fireball to a person that hasnt seen a ride like it before at a park or a carnival? You would describe it as a coaster loop, not a whole coaster only the loop. I see no issue here, they could be calling a looping coaster and running around saying come ride our tenth coaster like the other parks did last year, but their not.

^I just explain it as a hamster wheel and that you are the hamster

I like the idea of a ride that just spins around you while you sit completely still.

I also like the idea that you are somehow managing to bungle describing this carnival ride.