TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I went yesterday. The rain early in the day really kept the place empty, even for SFStL standards. I rode BfM twice, waiting about 15 and 25 minutes, which is a real coup. I don't know the ride backwards and forwards, but I think all the in-ride effects were operational. Queue monitors were still off, however, and hit detection on the fogbank Lexbots felt worse than usual.

Also noteworthy, they're making an effort to send out vehicles with 5 to 6. The op was shouting for specific size groups to fill out cars (this led to my party of 2 skipping the post-turnstile wait), and there was an unused, for today anyway, sign near the entrance advertising a single rider line.

Why dont they just have RMC topper track the helix yet? Its the same crap every year. Good in April, and god awful by October.

I remember Schilke talking about Topper Track not liking high vertical gforce manuevers. Can anyone tell me what the case is with stong laterals and Topper Track?

Source:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I went yesterday. The rain early in the day really kept the place empty, even for SFStL standards. I rode BfM twice, waiting about 15 and 25 minutes, which is a real coup. I don't know the ride backwards and forwards, but I think all the in-ride effects were operational. Queue monitors were still off, however, and hit detection on the fogbank Lexbots felt worse than usual.

Also noteworthy, they're making an effort to send out vehicles with 5 to 6. The op was shouting for specific size groups to fill out cars (this led to my party of 2 skipping the post-turnstile wait), and there was an unused, for today anyway, sign near the entrance advertising a single rider line.

I noticed the single rider line sign on Saturday as well. Would definitely be a perk for me since I go by myself every time. At SfGam the single rider lines work wonders when they aren't being abused and are enforced to true single riders. I hope SfStl brings them to several rides (Batman would be on the list for sure and wouldn't hurt for Freeze or Boss if they could manage it the right way.

I know a while back Zach had asked about the park's healthy eating options. While people mentioned Go Fresh, I took a picture of the menu at the SFGAdv version so the food options could be reviewed in detail. I imagine the offerings should be similar to SFStL's, as well as other SF parks.

Thanks. I was wondering when SF was going to start offering G-Free options.

Reductio ad absurdum. There are people who go to theme parks and don't ride anything. Perhaps their kids or grandkids want to ride. Perhaps they're coming to see a show (especially true of concert days). Perhaps they're performing, such as those cheerleader days. Trees make your day better. No one comes to a theme park just to sit under a tree. But those who do come to a theme park for any reason benefit from the presence of trees.

I didn't say there was something wrong with trees. I said rides, not trees, are the reason people come to a theme park. I like trees, but the original poster's point was pretty much that the area where Fireball and Boomerang are was better when it had fewer rides. And that's silly.

Hey guys... I'm planning a trip out to SFStl on 4/23 and noticed that the Six Flags website has Mr. Freeze listed as "temporarily closed". Can anyone confirm this or have any info about it? Thanks!

Hey guys... I'm planning a trip out to SFStl on 4/23 and noticed that the Six Flags website has Mr. Freeze listed as "temporarily closed". Can anyone confirm this or have any info about it? Thanks!

Mr. Freeze is waiting for parts. There currently is no ETA for the parts or when Freeze will become operational again.

Question: Since there only a few coasters of this design out there, what does the manufacturer do when parts specific to this coaster are needed? Do they fabricate them as required?

Fortunately in Freeze's case the parts in question aren't custom, just fairly large and susceptible to damge from pest during prolonged storage.

"Damnit, I knew we shouldn't have used that honey dispenser as part of the launching mechanism!" --Someone at Premiere Rides

How come they don't keep replacement parts on hand?

There are multiple variables to consider when it comes to stocking certain parts. Can the part be stored for long periods of time, is there room to store the part out of the weather, does the part go out frequently, can pests such as squirrels and mice damage the part while in storage. The particular parts in question dont go out on a regular basis, are quite reliable, and are rather large in size making it hard to find a place to store them and making a perfect home for small animals.

Thanks for answering!! Hopefully the parts come in very soon! This is my daughters favorite roller coaster now!