TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Poor Richard's is great! Service can be a tad slow sometimes late at night if you would go after park close. I remember going there 3 or 4 nights a week after working night shifts, youll always see a ton of SF employees up there about an hour after park close. Excellent wings and a few of their other apps are pretty good too. I really like their Philly Cheese... not a true Philly Cheese, but still very good. Not sure if they're still doing this promo, but for years they run a special when MIzzou football, Cardinals baseball, and Blues hockey games are on... when you order a pint of any draught beer for $4, you get $2 refills and get to keep the pint glass. The pint glass has the logo of whatever team is playing live. I probably have over 40 pint glasses... and thats not including the ones Ive given away There's also a Poor Richard's in Fenton, so if you're headed back to the city and the one in Eureka is too busy, you can always hit the one up in Fenton. Another place that is good that I like going to is Joe Bocardi's in old town Eureka. They just reopened after the massive flood in December... they have great pizza.

There's also a Poor Richard's in Fenton, so if you're headed back to the city and the one in Eureka is too busy, you can always hit the one up in Fenton. Another place that is good that I like going to is Joe Bocardi's in old town Eureka. They just reopened after the massive flood in December... they have great pizza.

We have a Joe Bocardi's right next door to the Poor Richard's in Fenton. It's the best of both worlds! We swing by there on Monday nights. They have half off pizza to go (limit of one - bummer). Mmmmmm....a Joe's Special tastes even better when it costs $7.

Edited by Mad Hatter

There's also a Poor Richard's in Fenton, so if you're headed back to the city and the one in Eureka is too busy, you can always hit the one up in Fenton. Another place that is good that I like going to is Joe Bocardi's in old town Eureka. They just reopened after the massive flood in December... they have great pizza.

We have a Joe Bocardi's right next door to the Poor Richard's in Fenton. It's the best of both worlds!

Oh yah, I forgot about that lol.

Just out of "curiosity" for those of you that have season passes... kind of doing a little research... what days you you typically pick to go and what hours do you go between and do you generally spend any money on anything besides food?

Just out of "curiosity" for those of you that have season passes... what days you you typically pick to go and what hours do you go between and do you generally spend any money on anything besides food?

The best days to go are generally Tuesdays-Thursdays. This avoids the crowds on the weekends and anyone that has a three day weekend. Also any days that have rain in the forecast are good to go. The crowds will be minimal and SFSTL doesn't close most ride because of rain or wind (there are of course some exceptions to that).

You probably wouldn't need to spend any money other than food and parking if you don't have a gold pass. No need for a flash pass unless its a very very busy day.

Been following for a while mostly to pass on info to my 12 year old son who is an ACE member and avid coaster fan. He will be allowed on when he turns 13. I grew up here, 48 yrs old, mom and teacher, remember the days when the mine train was the only coaster and there was a petting zoo at the park! Vividly remember SE opening and so will probably feel old when they place the plaque at the ACE con and I think about 40 years gone by but.....anyway

The food issue has been the bulk of what I have talked about in every survey they have sent me in the last 5 years. Yes, having more/bigger capacity stands with more workers would alleviate some of the issues. Not sure I agree that more dining passes is the culprit, theoretically that should speed each transaction up. After all scanning a card is much faster than a cash or credit card transaction, which should offset to some extent more people overall buying food.

I think the restrictive hours are a huge part of the problem and even discussed it with one of the corporate execs who contacted me after an end of the year advisory panel survey in which I criticised the situation. Restricting when people can eat their meals and snacks is just shooting themselves in the foot and creating more of a glut. I have been to many theme parks with kids and it's always an off food day. Meaning you not only don't eat the healthiest but you tend to eat at odd times and that's ok once in a while. I really believe if they lifted the time restrictions people would spread out when they eat. After all 9 hours is kind of a short time to fit in 2 meals and a snack if you think about. This was particularly bad at Frightfest (this was mostly what I talked to the exec about) Everyone knows that the haunted houses are going to start gearing up about 6:30 or so but you couldn't eat dinner until 6 so everyone in the park was trying to eat right at 6; making huge lines, bad quality food, and grumpy workers. Stupid. If they had just let people eat whenever OR had lots of seasonal snacks available that people could maybe trade in meals for and walk around with (think cups of chili, hot dog stand, etc) there wouldn't have been this HUGE glut right at 6 when dinner opened for the pass holders.

As far as leaving the park to eat. Yes, it's cheaper but it's also a huge hassle if you have a large group and or several kids. We often have guests that are coming with us on the bring a friend discount days, they cannot afford to go on a more regular basis and going off property to eat takes a lot of time out of the parks. After all sometimes mom is willing to stand in line for food while kids go ride stuff and get in as much riding time as possible.

Just my 2 cents since I have been going to the park roughly since it's opening

Just out of "curiosity" for those of you that have season passes... what days you you typically pick to go and what hours do you go between and do you generally spend any money on anything besides food?

Going to try to go on the weekends later this month and possibly May and maybe during some weekdays when me and my friend are off. And the only thing I buy is food, but I rarely eat there, as most of the time that I've been there, it's been too hot.

The best days to go are generally Tuesdays-Thursdays. This avoids the crowds on the weekends and anyone that has a three day weekend. Also any days that have rain in the forecast are good to go. The crowds will be minimal and SFSTL doesn't close most ride because of rain or wind (there are of course some exceptions to that).

You probably wouldn't need to spend any money other than food and parking if you don't have a gold pass. No need for a flash pass unless its a very very busy day.

Agree 100%. Rainy Tuesdays are the best

Also on the Go Fresh cafe (the healthier option stand) the wraps are pretty good, agree they should definitely have one in HH. But again shooting themselves in the foot by putting it in an out of the way spot in corner of kiddle rides

I'm not asking because I want to go, Ive worked at the park for far too many years and know what each day of the year is like... Im just curious to what our season pass holders here on TPR choose what days to go and if they fork out any money.

I'm not asking because I want to go, Ive worked at the park for far too many years and know what each day of the year is like... Im just curious to what our season pass holders here on TPR choose what days to go and if they fork out any money.

To answer that in another way, Im going to avoid holidays and probably BAFF days. I went on one BAFF, which I think was the Sunday before Labor day and it was packed.

Ok, cool. In that case I'll answer, as our situation is a little different. We live in the Springfield area, so our trips have to be planned. We get a hotel for Saturday night and go to the park Saturday and Sunday. That's not what I would recommend to a St. Louis resident, but it works best for us.

Saturday we usually arrive around noon and have a picnic in the parking lot, then go into the waterpark until it closes, change and spend the last hour or two in the main park until it closes doing mainly flat rides and maybe a coaster if the lines aren't bad.

Sunday we'll arrive at opening and make that our coaster day. We escape to the parking lot for another picnic lunch, and we'll usually leave around 5 or so.

We buy the season refill cup, and other than that, don't spend a lot on food and drinks. Honestly it's about the time as much as the money. It's usually faster to go all the way out to the van than it is to stand in line at a food stand.

We do usually bring some money for the kids to play a game. I like that most of them are of the variety that you get a prize no matter what. We have a few capes and raccoon tails around the house now.

Just arrived at the park. Walked into JB's at 3:15, and were third on line for lunch. Hopefully this is a good sign.

On the other hand, the ice ran out on the Freestyle machines just as I walked up to them. Oh well, at least the drinks were working.

Just arrived at the park. Walked into JB's at 3:15, and were third on line for lunch. Hopefully this is a good sign.

On the other hand, the ice ran out on the Freestyle machines just as I walked up to them. Oh well, at least the drinks were working.

Ice was out at most of the machines Saturday while I was there, however they handled the traffic much better (partly because it was a lighter day) than last weekend when it was crazy. I was able to get through Mooseburger in about 15 minutes with a full queue (not out the door). Seems like the park took a lot of the feedback to heart. I also noticed much better organization for gold pass early entry going through HH rather than it being a free for all.

We waited over 20 minutes in line at Colonnades to pick up a Pudding Cup on our way out at 4:25. At 4:50, without moving at all in line, we just said #@%# it and left.

So do we have this to look forward to when the VR opens up on Ninja? If the food lines are any indication then I would say, "you bet we do"!

From Screamscape:

Just a word of warning for anyone wanting to try to The New Revolution VR Coaster experience at Six Flags over Georgia. According to a reader who visited the other day, the addition to the VR gear has dramatically increased the length of time it takes to load and dispatch the trains. Our reader reports that they got in line where the 60 minute wait marker was, but the true wait time was nearly three times as long… as it took them 2 hours and 55 minutes to get to the front with three trains in operation.

What would surprise me more is a full line on the ninja

If I remember correctly, Ninja actually has one of the highest riderships of all of the rides in the park. Granted this was from 2 years ago, but I don't imagine much has changed since then.

What would surprise me more is a full line on the ninja

If I remember correctly, Ninja actually has one of the highest riderships of all of the rides in the park. Granted this was from 2 years ago, but I don't imagine much has changed since then.

This is most likely a capacity thing. I've never ridden it but I'm assuming it has no seatbelt and it's really easy to check restraints on an Arrow / Vekoma train without a seatbelt. This allows them to send more trains which leads to much higher ridership numbers.

As a comparison, Iron Dragon routinely crushes Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster in terms of ridership for the very same reason.