TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I have had the dining pass since 2013. When we first got it, eating at restaurants in the park was fun and fast. Wait times were minimal then. Fast forward to 2016, now the 4th season of the dining pass, it is complete chaos at restaurants. Wait times are getting to be not worth it anymore. Over the weekend we waited 35 min for lunch at JB's smokehouse, then for dinner we waited in line for 45 for pizza. These kind of wait times are ridiculous. These restaurants are not built and designed to handle the amount of people that use them now.

I have had the dining pass since 2013. When we first got it, eating at restaurants in the park was fun and fast. Wait times were minimal then. Fast forward to 2016, now the 4th season of the dining pass, it is complete chaos at restaurants. Wait times are getting to be not worth it anymore. Over the weekend we waited 35 min for lunch at JB's smokehouse, then for dinner we waited in line for 45 for pizza. These kind of wait times are ridiculous. These restaurants are not built and designed to handle the amount of people that use them now.

I agree 100%. We got our dining passes then too and you're right. The lines were not terrible back then but now they are out of control. I let them know about this in the survey they sent me asking about my experience in the park.

These restaurants are not built and designed to handle the amount of people that use them now.

And there lies the problem. The only way to fix this problem is to either upgrade the current restaurants or add more. Their other option would be to jack up the prices of the dining pass or put a limit on how many they're willing to sell.

^A dialogue regarding people's experience with the park's food service is one thing. However, your over generalization of the food service workers in such a negative way is just uncalled for. They have one of the hardest jobs at the park and a lot of them are some of the hardest workers I've seen. Seriously.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, but I'm just stating how it is. I never once said their jobs weren't hard and never said there were no good workers, just stating that overall, you can not deny the quality of workers in food service and the lack of proper training that makes this problem worse. You also can not deny, especially as an employee of the park who sees these operations everyday, that many of the food service workers, NOT ALL, but many, are slow and have "I don't care" attitudes, and dont have a sense of urgency. It is your opinion that you think A LOT of them are the hardest working workers... I will agree that A FEW are some of the hardest working ones, but no where near a lot.. and that is my opinion. It is also your opinion that you think it was uncalled for, like I stated above, I'm just stating the obvious since we were on the subject of what contributes to the slow service...

They have the Vacant restaurant near the mine train. Why not place this restaurant back in service? SFSTL could use a fried chicken restaurant.

I've been saying since Calico's closed that they should make it into a sandwich shop... sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps... something fresh that isn't offered anywhere else in the park that is light on the stomach.

They have the Vacant restaurant near the mine train. Why not place this restaurant back in service? SFSTL could use a fried chicken restaurant.

I've been saying since Calico's closed that they should make it into a sandwich shop... sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps... something fresh that isn't offered anywhere else in the park that is light on the stomach.

This would make a lot of sense as I believe Six Flags has been rolling out those options throughout the chain anyways, so if St. Louis doesn't have those offerings, that would be a great place to do it.

Here's my two cents. As someone who works in the foodservice industry on the management level, these small sized restaurants aren't able to handle the kind of volume you all are saying they're getting. It doesn't matter how many employees are staffed if you don't have the room nor the equipment to keep up with that kind of volume. I think Six Flags needs to look into maybe putting a big full sized buffet restaurant in their parks like you see at some of the Cedar Fair parks have. I cringe at the thought of how bad it might be in SF park, but it would definitely negate a lot of the crowds at the other restaurants in the park. Now realistically, SF won't put this kind of money into anything like that. Has long as these dining passes keep selling like hot cakes, SF won't address the problem has they have no reason to. If people keep buying them regardless of what the service is like, then why change anything? Yes, it's horrible customer service, but this is SF after all.

Curious if the park offers any real healthy options, including gluten free?

The GoFresh Cafe has wraps, salads, veggie burger, grilled chicken sandwhich and turkey burgers, The wraps are really good too. Some downfalls to the GoFresh Cafe are it's in the very back of the park, in the kids area up on the hill, and when its a slow day at SFSTL this is one of the first restaurants that they close.

That would be great too! SFGAM has them along with Flatbread pizzas.

I also feel like they need to add the Go Fresh Cafe inside Hurricane Harbor. If you're trying to eat healthy when inside Hurricane Harbor, you're screwed. On a hot day I would like a nice wrap or sandwich when I'm at Hurricane Harbor.

For those complaining about repeated issues with food service, why not just eat outside the park? When we go nerding, we usually pack a healthy lunch that we eat early on. Later around 4-5 we head out to dinner for a not-so-healthy meal of something like wings and beer, pizza and beer, or whatever, before returning to the park for another couple beers. (beer is the common denominator)

I just feel like you get consistent bang for your buck that way. That, and we always know what to expect.

For those complaining about repeated issues with food service, why not just eat outside the park? When we go nerding, we usually pack a healthy lunch that we eat early on. Later around 4-5 we head out to dinner for a not-so-healthy meal of something like wings and beer, pizza and beer, or whatever, before returning to the park for another couple beers. (beer is the common denominator)

I just feel like you get consistent bang for your buck that way. That, and we always know what to expect.

Although this is always an option, it's really not for those who rely on the dining passes. I have come to terms with the fact that lines are going to be long, but my personal option lies with what others have said in that there needs to be a sense of urgency. Opening weekend, everyone is new and I'm sure they aren't fully staffed yet, however over the next few weeks, management needs to address that issue and find a way to motivate and train people to be more efficient. If they are able to do that and people see that the workers are moving with a sense of urgency while protecting the quality of the food, I'm sure the GP would be more forgiving for the long lines.

I almost always eat outside the park as well. Usually Steak 'N Shake, which is right down the road. Its cheap, great quality, and oh so yummy! Screw SF food prices and quality! (Although, I have eaten at the new grill that used to be Villians Café. It is good, but still way too over priced).

We didn't eat in the parks until the JB's Smokehouse opened. That place has some really good BBQ for a theme park. And then we bought the Dining Pass 2 or 3 years ago and use it there, otherwise we would go down to Poor Richards for wings and then back to the park.

I just looked into Poor Richards. Looks like a good spot to take our chicken wings/beer break if we ever visit the park again.

We go there quite a bit. We usually visit the one in Fenton because it's closer to our house. I usually get their Saturday Wing Special (available everyday). It comes with a dozen wings, salad and garlic cheese bread for $10. If you like wings then it's hard to beat that deal. Considering Buffalo Wild Wings charges $7 for 5 wings now, it makes it a really sweet deal.

I just looked into Poor Richards. Looks like a good spot to take our chicken wings/beer break if we ever visit the park again.

We go there quite a bit. We usually visit the one in Fenton because it's closer to our house. I usually get their Saturday Wing Special (available everyday). It comes with a dozen wings, salad and garlic cheese bread for $10. If you like wings then it's hard to beat that deal. Considering Buffalo Wild Wings charges $7 for 5 wings now, it makes it a really sweet deal.

Sounds like the perfect kind of place my wife and I look to go for our evening park visit 'cheat meal.' B-dubs' is kind of a ripoff. Everything they have is mediocre, but we still go occasionally because they have an extensive gluten free selection and even gluten free beer. However... when we've been at the park all day and it's time to start kicking back we take our food and beer with EXTRA gluten!

The struggles of being a nutrition buff and 'terrible for you' food addict...