TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 days left. Excited for the double rides on Screamin' Eagle

Seriously? Other parks in the chain are getting RMCs or similar - but hey, at least we get double rides on the Eagle.

What wrong with double rides on Eagle. Allow me to answer that rhetorical question. Nothing. We got Justice League last year. Fireball, general improvements, and Holiday in the Park this year. Looks like a good year to me.

Some people just have to complain!!

Seriously? Other parks in the chain are getting RMCs or similar - but hey, at least we get double rides on the Eagle.

What wrong with double rides on Eagle. Allow me to answer that rhetorical question. Nothing. We got Justice League last year. Fireball, general improvements, and Holiday in the Park this year. Looks like a good year to me.

That's because we are very Hyper-sensitive to what the other parks are getting, and the Screamin' Eagle isn't as 'High Per' those other coasters we envy. ...Catch what I am sayin'

That's because we are very Hyper-sensitive to what the other parks are getting, and the Screamin' Eagle isn't as 'High Per' those other coasters we envy. ...Catch what I am sayin'

I know...I know...

Anyone else going to the park tomorrow? I will be there

Rode Goliath at SFOG last weekend and the weekend before that too. Had a great time.

Rode Goliath at SFOG last weekend and the weekend before that too. Had a great time.

very happy for you

Ah, the poor dead horse. Beaten so many times that it is nothing more than a bloodstain in a field. Yet some people continue to walk up to that dead horse, get upset that its still dead and beat it some more.

Not so much JUST the hyper....but that Six Flags is getting passed HUGELY in all competitive markets around; HW gets a HUGE Beamer, SDC is now going to have TWO NEW CUSTOM coasters after the new 2017 addition, Dollywood has installed THREE NEW custom coasters. It's just terrible they won't do anything to stay competitive is really the frustration. Yet ALL other SF parks get coasters. Oh well....looking forward to my Dollywood trip in April

Ah, the poor dead horse. Beaten so many times that it is nothing more than a bloodstain in a field. Yet some people continue to walk up to that dead horse, get upset that its still dead and beat it some more.

I was hoping to make a few of you laugh, but yeah I will still beat this dead horse on occasion. And TrippinBillie is correct on all points.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this or I'm way out in left field but In regards to the three original Six Flags parks - Texas, Georgia and St. Louis (I'm not including the ones they bought afterwards) it was become my understanding that because St. Louis is solely owned by Six Flags while Texas and Georgia are owned by partnerships and only operated by the company is the reason they haven't added more marquee rides at St. Louis where they may be are expected to add more capital at the other two based on the partnership deal.

Anyone else going to the park tomorrow? I will be there

My wife and I will be there! I have a feeling we will be spending a fair amount of time in JB's Smokehouse sampling some brews. I will be the bald guy with a goatee.

Edited by Mad Hatter

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this or I'm way out in left field but In regards to the three original Six Flags parks - Texas, Georgia and St. Louis (I'm not including the ones they bought afterwards) it was become my understanding that because St. Louis is solely owned by Six Flags while Texas and Georgia are owned by partnerships

Six Flags St. Louis is the only park completely owned by Six Flags. I think that says a lot about the park in the fact they haven't been sold out. Kudos to them.

Maybe it's just me, but the video in the VR looks like a Playstation 2 game.

It's not just you. I'm not pointing the finger at SFSTL, but all of the VR experiences in general just strike me as incredibly cheesy and lame. That's without considering the lackluster graphics.

Next year SDC could put in the biggest baddest B&M coaster ever to grace the Earth and SFSTL could put in the Mule Go-round and the coaster at SDC would still not effect the attendance at the park.

***crossing my fingers that this is a hint for 2017***

Next year SDC could put in the biggest baddest B&M coaster ever to grace the Earth and SFSTL could put in the Mule Go-round and the coaster at SDC would still not effect the attendance at the park.

That's because SDC is a destination park whereas SFSTL is not. It's the most regional of all of the parks in the state. I would go as far to say very few people on the other side of the state would make a trek over to visit - more of a "we're already in St. Louis and have run out of things to do, so I guess" kind of thing.

Six Flags America, Great Escape, and La Ronde havent gotten a new coaster. So saying ALL the other Six Flags parks have gotten a new coaster is much like a 12 year old saying that all her friends have cellphones.

I do believe HWfan has explained it before. SFSTL is a regional park. It was never designed nor intended to compete with parks outside its region. The park has seen no changes in attendance due to other parks additions. 2013 Boomerang v. Outlaw Run park attendence went up. 2014 Tusnami Soaker v. Nothing(if I remeber correctly) attendence went up. 2015 Justice League v. Thunderbird and Fireman's Landing, attendance went up even higher. Other parks in other regions have no effect on this park. Next year SDC could put in the biggest baddest B&M coaster ever to grace the Earth and SFSTL could put in the Mule Go-round and the coaster at SDC would still not effect the attendance at the park.

Is it disappointing that the park hasnt gotten a truly new coaster in a while yes. But we got one of the first Justice League rides to replace a dark ride that was about on its last leg (despite maintenances honest efforts). The next coaster that the park is to most likely get would be an S &S like the rest of the parks.

Thank you!! Some of us like our little park. My kids and I are not going to ride a new crazy coaster anyway. I am still trying to get my daughter on the mine train. But she loves Six Flags and will happily ride the Log Flume and Moon Cars all day.

I just find it annoying that the park lets things get do run down that the only way an area gets improved is if a new ride is added there or in place of something. Preventative maintenance would go a long way to making the park look better and would probably save money in the long run. Don't bother putting in theming if you're not going to maintain it. We used to make the joke that the only theming SF could do well was "rundown" but then even that went to crap with Batman and Mr. Freeze.

I just find it annoying that the park lets things get do run down that the only way an area gets improved is if a new ride is added there or in place of something. Preventative maintenance would go a long way to making the park look better and would probably save money in the long run. Don't bother putting in theming if you're not going to maintain it. We used to make the joke that the only theming SF could do well was "rundown" but then even that went to crap with Batman and Mr. Freeze.

From what I understand, SFSTL has been doing a lot of general upkeep throughout the past several off seasons. I get this information second hand, because I don't visit the park. But I mean, let's be honest... Don't all parks let their theming degrade to certain degree, with maybe the exception of Disney? It's just like driving your 1995 Honda Accord. Some things are worth fixing for the money, other things not so much as long as the ride gets you from A-B without your windshield freezing up or your fingers going numb. I legitimately believe that it doesn't make a difference to the masses if Batman's queue were restored to its full original glory. As long as it's functional and looks 'OK' most of the people buying tickets don't care. Sure, there may be an occasional smartass comment from the cynics, but would it really be a 'wow' factor to the masses if the cop car crashed into the fire hydrant was still fully functional after seeing it 20 years later? I mean honestly, after replacing pumps, water lines, rusting car parts, etc., do you realize over 20 years how much money would be put into that one effect? I think this is why Cedar Fair chooses their smart, but criticized by enthusiast snobs, strategy of more clean lines and simple theming, because the upkeep is far less costly and most of it needs little to no attention throughout the life a particular ride or area. Personally, I'm at the point with this park where if you were to give it a hyper coaster I wouldn't give a damn if I had to cross over a moat of raw sewage to get to it.

Lets just all take a step back and pretend we're not enthusiasts for a few minutes. Ask yourself: Who really gives a sh**?