TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So I know we've talked about the the Hyper that we were "SUPPOSED" to get but instead went to SFoG and it has now been brought up again. From what I can remember, its been 10 years since I saw a rough layout of the general look of the layout, that this was the route it was to follow... or something pretty damn close to this.

That definitely would have been nice. I'm not sure I'll ever get over this loss lol!

So I know we've talked about the the Hyper that we were "SUPPOSED" to get but instead went to SFoG and it has now been brought up again. From what I can remember, its been 10 years since I saw a rough layout of the general look of the layout, that this was the route it was to follow... or something pretty damn close to this.

What a GREAT layout! That would've been perfect. Greeting the incoming cars with the track....an out and back by the lake. Really being able to tie in that nice piece of unused land. Such a stupid idea to nix that......

Does Six Fkags St Louis have a height requirement? I'm curious whether it was the general idea of a B&M hyper by a lake that was pushed to Georgia or if it was a very specific layout at exactly 200 feet tall, etc.

I don't think so. I mean Superman is up at the top of the hill in the back which is pretty high up. I never knew the true reason we got screwed on Goliath.

Does Six Fkags St Louis have a height requirement? I'm curious whether it was the general idea of a B&M hyper by a lake that was pushed to Georgia or if it was a very specific layout at exactly 200 feet tall, etc.

I don't think so. I mean Superman is up at the top of the hill in the back which is pretty high up. I never knew the true reason we got screwed on Goliath.

I could take a wild guess why Six Flags St. Louis did not get a hypercoaster, Six Flags (the company) wanted to be "cheap" on the St. Louis park so they decided to put in a "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" roller coaster clone in where the old dolphin show area was instead and the hypercoaster for Six Flags St. Louis went to Six Flags Over Georgia.

I could take a wild guess why Six Flags St. Louis did not get a hypercoaster, Six Flags (the company) wanted to be "cheap" on the St. Louis park so they decided to put in a "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" roller coaster clone in where the old dolphin show area was instead and the hypercoaster for Six Flags St. Louis went to Six Flags Over Georgia.

Incorrect. A park was slated to get American Thunder but the local government wouldn't approve of the project so they moved AT to SFSTL and moved the hyper that was to occupy that spot to Georgia. If I remember correctly the park that was supposed to get AT got a Batman themed wildmouse.

You mean SFNE?

The hypercoaster (Goliath) would have been built here sometime from 2001-2005 (it opened in 2006 at SFOG), there are some rumors that 2003 was the target year and when it was delayed/cancelled the park got Xcalibur as an emergency backup ride.

The American Thunder / Dark Knight rumors came after the hypercoaster was already built at SFOG. I have heard that SFNE was to get American Thunder and when that was not approved, they tried to get the Dark Knight coaster (rumored to come to SFSL) built without getting everything approved either (Dark Knight ended up in Mexico), basically there was a very late attempt at a park switch where only one half of the switch actually happened.

^I can confirm the SNFE rumor, though I'm not sure about the timeframe. The way the Director of Attractions had explained it to me, the hypercoaster was more of an idea that never had too much certainty. It was a serious thought, but it was brushed off when SFOG was chosen.

Has anyone else heard about SF Corp eliminating Panda Express from the parks? I love Panda Express, but the only time I ate at the one in the park, I was extremely unsatisfied. The noodles were hard, and the meat was just bluh!

Any updates on the Fireball construction?

It's a glorified carnival ride! They start construction Monday afternoon, they should be done by dinner later that day.

That fast? Wow. It would probably open on April or March

He's being facetious (or very ignorant). It's a permanent version of a carnival ride and is a viable large park thrill ride. It takes a week or so to assemble and longer to landscape/wire/test, etc. It'll be open sometime in May, I'm sure.

^ No, actually the assembly only takes a day. Go back and look at the SFGAd thread. Same for SFOG. Yes, there is wiring, and testing to do that takes some time, but the actual assembly of the ride is a one day process.

I actually wasn't sure in my last post. Xcalibur is a carnival ride that used to travel.(it REALLY needs a new coat of paint)

Not to mention the theming too. I'm betting that Six Flags will reuse this for fireball except with flame decal instead of stripes and a new logo.

image.thumb.jpeg.ba98bce64cda6feb84c670006e0f0e1e.jpeg

For those who didn't notice, this was under the ride.

I again want to extend the offer of answering any questions for anyone who is interested in working at the park. Just send me a message, and I'll be more than happy to help. You can also head over to http://www.sixflagsjobs.com and apply for a position. Our new HR software has made things even more streamlined and simplified for the hiring process, which is great news for applicants & HR staff. Finally, I usually wouldn't post these "ifs and maybes" but I will in this case. I'm excited at the prospect of possibly joining the park's training team as one of the Training Supervisors, but we'll see if I am able to transfer over to that position or not. Second, and more importantly, there is a fair chance that I may not be in St. Louis this summer at all. I'm currently in talks with an awesome park regarding the possibility of working with them this summer. In which case, hopefully there will be other forum members who can regularly update everyone on the goings on at the park. Either way, I'll let you know what happens, partly so that you can visit me at the other park's forum, if you want.

Edited by HWFan