TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^It would also be nice if there was a hyper coaster in the background.

Anyway, in case you or someone you know is interested in a job at the park this season, you're/they're welcome to attend the "rehire party" today, as it is also our first job fair. Applicants can arrive any time between 10am and 5pm. It's best to go to www.sixflagsjobs.com and apply before coming, but we also have a dozen computers for people to use to apply. Remember, only apply for one position, because even if you apply for food service, we will talk to you in the interview about departments and which you would prefer. Applicants do not need to bring anything with them, and even if an applicant can't work until June or July, it's still good to apply/interview early. For anyone who would like to attend, here are the directions to the HR office: When you get off I-44 and are on the road headed towards the park, get in the left lane. The two right lanes will split off to become all of the lanes for the regular toll plaza, and the left lane will turn into a two lane road that you will follow for a couple hundred meters before there will be a guard shack on you're right. You'll pull up to the shack and tell the security officer that you are there for the job fair. They'll point you back towards the employee lot, at which point you can't miss the big HR building.

If applicants are flexible, the best times to arrive would be 11:00, 2:00-3:30, or 4:30-5:30. I won't be able to check here, so you can call 636-938-5300 ext. 6314 with any questions (I'll probably answer anyway.) Finally, I'd like to add that applicants would not have to commit to working at the park today, so anyone with even a small bit of interest is still encouraged to come.

Sorry for a lack of pictures but still wanted to give a small update on the park and what's happening.

The Boss' first large turn/helix is still trackless, but the work continues. Right now I'm trying to remember if it's the hill up to the MCBR or the hill down from it, but one of the two has very bright new wood on it. I'm not sure what's happening with Thunder or Eagle, but if you remember, they had already started track work on Thunder the day after closing.

I think that, especially for the 45th anniversary, they should cover the fence (on the left of the train as you exit the train shed all the way to the employee railroad crossing) with quality graphics showing pictures of rides (whether they are still operating or not) from each decade.

Edited by HWFan

Thanks for the updates HWFAN. We're ready for opening day already! Are they doing any work to restaurants too?

I know that there is some work being done on restaurants. However, I do not know which or how many locations, the type of work, or the scale of the work being done. I'll let you know if I find out more.

I rode the one at SFOG and believe me your better off without this thing. Although, I can certainly understand why SFGA would want to get rid of S:UF. It's not a crowd pleaser and the land could be used for something better.

Edited by Sportsdude360

I rode the one at SFOG and believe me your better off without this thing. Although, I can certainly understand why SFGA would want to get rid of S:UF. It's not a crowd pleaser and the land could be used for something better.

People still wait 2+ hrs to ride Superman at SFGAM. I'd say that's a crowd pleaser.

People still wait 2+ hrs to ride Superman at SFGAM. I'd say that's a crowd pleaser.

OR that the ops are really really bad for the ride.

I mean, I guess it would be nice to have a new Coaster experience, but I've heard that the pretzel loop is the only interesting part of this Coaster.

EDIT: It has been removed from the site now

fake
Allora ... Quando è successo? E 'Wikipedia' date=' ma potrebbe essere vero? [img'] http://i.imgur.com/exqLu8j.png [/ img]

fake

The truly amazing thing is that if they wanted to fake it it would have been just as easy to go to Wikipedia and actually write all of that. Why Photoshop something you can actually just go edit? lol

^ I have 2 things to say... LMFAO whoever did this is either dumb as hell or is wishful thinking..... and GOD I HOPE NOT!

HWFan..... is this your doings???????? LOL

My IP address is banned from editing Wikipedia, because I kept editing the SDC page by changing "Outlaw Run" to "Outlaws Running Wild & Trampling Park Guests" and "Wildfire" to "The Wildfire that Kills the Animals at the End of Bambi."

^ I have 2 things to say... LMFAO whoever did this is either dumb as hell or is wishful thinking..... and GOD I HOPE NOT!

HWFan..... is this your doings???????? LOL

My IP address is banned from editing Wikipedia, because I kept editing the SDC page by changing "Outlaw Run" to "Outlaws Running Wild & Trampling Park Guests" and "Wildfire" to "The Wildfire that Kills the Animals at the End of Bambi."

LOL Too funny! Either way, I can't believe someone actually put that on there thinking the rest of us would fall for it...

Those Supermans are not good coasters at all. Plus, I'm to the point that I rather not receive any coaster than a hand me down or another clone... unless of course they are a GOOD one of a kind.... which won't happen.... although I wouldnt mind having Bizarro/ Medusa from SFGAd

Superman UF is definitely tame other than the pretzel loop and the roll to some extent, but the one at SFOG is pleasant just because it is up on a hill and has really nice landscaping, low to the ground moments, and tunnels. The other installments that came later just sit in a field and it really makes a difference. The ride is definitely a crowd pleaser though.

Anyways, doesn't matter since SFStL isn't getting one lol.