TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Have they fixed all of the problems with the Justice League ride yet? We went here back in September, and they kept having ride shutdowns due to problems. While we were actually ON the ride, it got stuck. I was also not impressed with the video at all, compared to similar rides I have been on at Universal, such as the Spider-Man one. The story seemed good, but it really seemed like the video or something might have been rushed to meet a deadline. I hope they redo it and get it decent.

Have they fixed all of the problems with the Justice League ride yet? We went here back in September, and they kept having ride shutdowns due to problems. While we were actually ON the ride, it got stuck. I was also not impressed with the video at all, compared to similar rides I have been on at Universal, such as the Spider-Man one. The story seemed good, but it really seemed like the video or something might have been rushed to meet a deadline. I hope they redo it and get it decent.

Hmm, the video was largely done by the same people who did the video for Universal, so I wonder if it was just due to difficulties that day. However, Oceaneering has been working at the park this off season to make fixes and improvements.

Hmm, the video was largely done by the same people who did the video for Universal, so I wonder if it was just due to difficulties that day. However, Oceaneering has been working at the park this off season to make fixes and improvements.

It was funny, we had no issues while on the ride, the second time we came back there was temporary downtime due to a projector not working. First (and only) ride at Over Texas, some effects were missing, and there was ride shutdown near the end. (Can you believe we had to fight to get a reride, oh wait...) Overall, I prefer the St. Louis version, the scenes to me flowed together better. Either way, a ride that deserves to be duplicated.

I'm sure there's no way of knowing this for sure, but do we have any idea about the one-off costs vs the marginal costs of a new ride installation? There's a lot of talk about how BfM was a huge outlay of cash for our park, but some of those costs are amortized over the number of installations the ride is getting around the various properties. I'm not saying the ride vehicles and set pieces are free, but surely a significant chunk of the cost of a ride are fixed. Development in layout and ride technology, squashing bugs in the computer systems, paying to render and voice the animated sequences are all things that SF gets to pay for once then essentially get "for free" at every new installation.

Similar dynamics have to play into roller coasters, right? Construction's expensive, but the one-off costs of development of a new layout must be significant (look, Batman is a good roller coaster but absent significant fixed costs I'm not sure it was good enough to deserve 7 installations.)

I was actually thinking the exact opposite. That if the StL installation of BfM cost $1m (number completely made up), the park would only get "charged" $800k for internal SF ledger purposes because of fixed costs. Good to hear that's sorta how it works.

I understand if you can't answer as a park employee - I'm getting into the financial weeds here - but I'm still curious if we have any idea about the magnitude of that effect. Like, how much cheaper are the second two BfM installations than the first two? How much cheaper was Batman NOLA to build than Batman GrAm, 6 installations later?

So I got an email with a new survey, first to do with a commercial, then the other questions had to do with ride photos, such as, how much would you pay for a photo season pass. I think I got a key chain like, 10 years ago, but I find that print photos are way outdated and would be overpriced. However, it says that they would use that box thing on your phone to scan and it would go directly there, but I still wouldnt want to pay money for it.

So I got an email with a new survey, first to do with a commercial, then the other questions had to do with ride photos, such as, how much would you pay for a photo season pass. I think I got a key chain like, 10 years ago, but I find that print photos are way outdated and would be overpriced. However, it says that they would use that box thing on your phone to scan and it would go directly there, but I still wouldnt want to pay money for it.

I got the same thing a week or so back. Then in the "suggestions" for park, I voiced my opinion on the lack of steel and how SFStL has been shafted a lot and is due for something exciting; and not 27 years old from another park.....

I understand if you can't answer as a park employee - I'm getting into the financial weeds here - but I'm still curious if we have any idea about the magnitude of that effect. Like, how much cheaper are the second two BfM installations than the first two? How much cheaper was Batman NOLA to build than Batman GrAm, 6 installations later?

Technically I am not an employee for the month of December until the first week of January, but I also have *almost* zero knowledge of company-wide expenditures. That would be very interesting though.

Just in case any of the users from outside (or inside) the STL area are curious about the park with the insane surrounding floods, the park tweeted that they were in no danger, after receiving multiple inquiries, and the park also extended their prayers to those effected. Many of the park's employees have had their houses flooded (no idea how many but Facebook alone has shone multiple in just one very small department). Please keep them in your thoughts or prayers. Next Saturday, January 9th, is the park's rehire party, which is where 2015 employees who want to return for 2016 turn in their HR paperwork and make any department changes. Also, if anyone is (or knows someone who is) interested in working at the park this spring/summer, January 11th through the end of January is the best time to apply. The earlier the better.

Anyway, I hope everyone out there hasn't been affected by the flood too much, and finally, if anyone has a kayak, boat, helicopter, or hovercraft available for sale or rent, please message me. Budget is $28.

I was planning to buy a Six Flags gold season pass today since the current price is good only through the end of today (Sunday). On SFStL.'s website, there is an option to buy 4 gold passes, but no option to buy just 1. Would anyone be able to tell me how to buy just 1? Thanks.

I was planning to buy a Six Flags gold season pass today since the current price is good only through the end of today (Sunday). On SFStL.'s website, there is an option to buy 4 gold passes, but no option to buy just 1. Would anyone be able to tell me how to buy just 1? Thanks.

If you are on this page, there are essentially three boxes or categories in terms of the type of pass.

At the top you have the special deal, which is a free gold pass upgrade when you purchase four or more season passes ($60.99).

Under that, there is a box that says 2016 Gold Pass, which is if you are purchasing between one and three passes ($75.99).

Finally, there is a box that says 2016 Season Pass, which is if you are purchasing between one and three passes ($60.99).

While it may seem confusing, their are two of Six Flags' strategies to be aware of in general:

1. The earlier you buy your passes, the better deal you will get. (Some people choose to wait assuming the price will drop as the operating season starts to go by, which is not the case.)

2. If at all possible, purchasing four or more passes is by far the best deal. At this point, for instance, you save $15 per pass compared to the regular gold pass price.

If you are on this page, there are essentially three boxes or categories in terms of the type of pass.

At the top you have the special deal, which is a free gold pass upgrade when you purchase four or more season passes ($60.99).

Under that, there is a box that says 2016 Gold Pass, which is if you are purchasing between one and three passes ($75.99).

Finally, there is a box that says 2016 Season Pass, which is if you are purchasing between one and three passes ($60.99).

While it may seem confusing, their are two of Six Flags' strategies to be aware of in general:

1. The earlier you buy your passes, the better deal you will get. (Some people choose to wait assuming the price will drop as the operating season starts to go by, which is not the case.)

2. If at all possible, purchasing four or more passes is by far the best deal. At this point, for instance, you save $15 per pass compared to the regular gold pass price.

I'll add that labor day weekend is the best time to buy online, as I bought three season passes for 2016 for $60 each and activated them during Fright Fest, which upgraded them to Gold Passes for free. I found that Fright Fest is the best time to go, since the weather is so much better for riding rides.

^Exactly! To a lot of people, buying a season pass two months before their current season pass is over* seems strange. The only thing is to make sure you get the pass physically processed and made into a card at the park by whatever date (usually the end of the season) specified.

*Technically your season pass stays valid until around the first week of January the following year, because you can use it for Holiday in the Park at other parks, even though SFSL is closed.