TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It's all good now. He told me what I needed to hear, so I'm back.

I really hope you all remember me. I went on a posting strike a long, long, time ago, due to another user's antics. Well, I'm back. I hope some of my old forum friends like prozach are still with us. It's been so long that I can't even remember what Six Flags decided to open for 2016, but I hope you all enjoyed it. HarleyGuy, did you go to the media day? I remember way back in 2015 when you did some great coverage for the JLBM media day. Good times.

Yes I went to the media day for TPR.

After not checking for a couple of days, I was like, "what? What does that have to do with anything?" And then I realized my bad joke from the other day. Goooood times.

Also, there is a really good interview with Dave Roemer that Sally Corp shared on their Twitter feed. You can check it out here.

Finally, I missed when they posted this somehow back on November 24th, but here's a picture of RSF mid-demolition:

263569353_ScreenShot2015-12-12at10_26_47AM.png.411e6cb3e355b9348905971c5998841b.png

Hmm.. it would be lovely to use tidal wave's old spot at the station for a nice B&M hyper, with a splashdown in the old pool. Too bad.

I remember being told by people on this thread that Timberliners are lighter than G-trains. Guess they were wrong.

At this point I'd settle for fly over the garbage dump...

Hmm.. it would be lovely to use tidal wave's old spot at the station for a nice B&M hyper, with a splashdown in the old pool. Too bad.

I remember being told by people on this thread that Timberliners are lighter than G-trains. Guess they were wrong.

"Nuclear Waste Landfill: The Ride"

Hello. This is an automatic response by the GO BIG GO SIX FLAGS Euphemism Bot. This automated post has been generated because you have probably used a word that is not preferred by GO BIG GO SIX FLAGS.

Instead of saying "garbage dump...", try using "rustic woodland setting". Thank you for your time & consideration, and don't forget to GO BIG GO SIX FLAGS.

(Note: As this post was generated by a bot, any replied will not be answered. Thank you.)

HWFan, you said you were ask not to post any pictures of the rush street flyer on the flatbeds for two weeks or so. Is it been two weeks yet? I can't wait to see those pics, as this ride is going to be installed at my home park!

Sorry, friend! I checked the calendar (as I didn't even remember how long it had been), and I will be posting the pictures of the ride loaded up and the empty ride pad this coming Tuesday, December 15th. Now just a disclaimer, the pictures are not amazing. We didn't get too close to the trailers at all, but I would be surprised if the ride wasn't already sitting somewhere at LaRonde.

When you visit the park for the first time next year, I'd love to see some pictures of it in its new location posted here. I also was wondering something that you may be able to answer for me: Gravitor was the name originally announced for a very vaguely described ride in the original announcement video before RSF was edited into an updated video, keeping the Gravitor name and using the slogan "mass transit with a twist". While I figured the name was just kept because the video already used it and the logo had been designed, do you think there could have been a language barrier (I have absolutely no clue how many visitors to LaRonde speak English or French) that would make the name Gravitor work better than Rush Street Flyer?

The intrigue makes this such an interesting off-season thread.

I actually hired some professional writers from HBO to help plan some of the drama & intrigue.

But in all seriousness, this thread does seem to be very active with all kinds of new information/discussion. I love it.

That is going to be a very colorful hill next year

How did you know?....Well, I guess now that the cat's out of the bag, I can say that Six Flags will be getting "Gay Pride: The Ride".

(I can't think of a funny way to finish that joke, but there ya go.)

Edited by HWFan

When you visit the park for the first time next year, I'd love to see some pictures of it in its new location posted here. I also was wondering something that you may be able to answer for me: Gravitor was the name originally announced for a very vaguely described ride in the original announcement video before RSF was edited into an updated video, keeping the Gravitor name and using the slogan "mass transit with a twist". While I figured the name was just kept because the video already used it and the logo had been designed, do you think there could have been a language barrier (I have absolutely no clue how many visitors to LaRonde speak English or French) that would make the name Gravitor work better than Rush Street Flyer?

La Ronde always use french name for their ride, except for proper noun like "Goliath" or words that doesn't really exist like "Gravitor". Vampire is a french word, Demon is also a french word, Boomerang is also accepted as a french word. They already made announcement for Gravitor, so that's why they just kept the same name. The won't use "mass transit with a twist" anywhere, it's juste the way six flags describe the ride on the video.

Gravitor was originally supposed to be a Gosetto "Party Dance" ride. Very small ride that looks like a shopping mall ride, not a Six Flags amusement park type of ride ! I'm glad they went with the rush street flyer instead.

I looked at a lot of videos of the Rush Street Flyer and it looks very slow to me. We used to have a Zierer Flying Carpet 10-15 years ago that was CRAZY FAST. Is the Rush Street Flyer a good ride ? Any airtime at all ? Any good sensation? In every comments I read about Rush Street Flyer, people seamed to love this ride, so I guess it isn't that boring at all.

As for the location in the park, I was told that the "Avenue Adventure" with the Gravitor and the new Flying Scooter ride called "Phoenix" will be behing the Demon ride (Mondial Roll Over), next to the Huss Pirate. That's funny because the Huss Rainbow that La Ronde used to have in the 80's was where the Huss Pirate is sitting today, and later, in the 90's, the Zierer Flying Carpet was almost right next to the Pirate, where the new bumper cars are.

arcencielxg8.jpg.5c7913378289821e09b18b8a381c40fd.jpg

Huss rainbow in 1985 (with Le Monstre wooden coaster in construction at the background and the first pirate ship that was later replaced by the flying carpet). The rainbow used the french name "Arc-en-ciel"

And Zierer Flying Carpet. La Ronde used the french name : Tapis Volant. Still the name was written in German on the ride itself, the ride came from germany. At the back we can see the new Huss Pirate sitting were it still sits today, were the rainbow used to be.

Well, I guess it's been 14 days, so here are my Rush Street Flyer pics:

image.thumb.jpeg.b8f0473f6ba9f3f16add8fee39e9eb7d.jpeg

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

Ending part two.

image.thumb.jpeg.364b561d3563bafa38e1d98a8065d058.jpeg

There were a couple entrance decks on the side of the path that look like they are being saved for Fireball.

image.thumb.jpeg.36dc9b6bda5d685288e90c8999f17647.jpeg

Flashback: Do you remember this picture? No? Well here it is again. It's the exit of RSF that is being saved.

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb5689fa6b305b98e3ddf35824b200f.jpeg

Ending part one.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2954fdc1bb676ec50e8617a30e03723.jpeg

Former ride location part two.

image.thumb.jpeg.c8b28ee6e60b572550282cbd13865d32.jpeg

Former RSF location part one.

image.thumb.jpeg.a158705d27889d0b89170a6bcfcf804f.jpeg

Trucks, trailers, ride parts.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0ea8e3cb999c1bc7fbb9cd7d8814b0d.jpeg

Trailers and more ride parts.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1869e1931a882bdea62e4456bbd9027.jpeg

This is where you would sit, but that'd be silly because highway safety codes would not & should not allow you to sit there while the truck is on the highway.