TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I didn't even think about the NTAG incident as a reason as to why SF hasn't worked with Gerstlauer lately. Obviously that may or may not be the actual reason (or they may still work with Gerstlauer in the future, just now now) but regardless, I could see some Eurofighters doing well at other Six Flags parks like I mentioned in my last post. And going back to Bizarro, I've never even been to SFGAdv so I really don't have much of a right to predict the ride's future but, once again I just think it would be a quick and less expensive way for Six Flags to profit it's St. Louis location with little capital. Actually, until last year I believed Scream (mirror-imaged clone of Bizarro) was a better candidate for relocation, but now that it was painted in early 2015 to compliment Twisted Colossus, it is very unlikely that it will be removed from SFMM in the next 5-10 years. I guess to future will revile!

It's been a rumor that Bizarro would be relocated to another park for many years. It seems that it's been an enthusiast-driven rumor--no hard evidence at all. The ride actually still does some decent numbers (1.1 million so far in 2015) despite it never having a line.

From those that actually do have connections with the park, the word around different sites is that there are no immediate plans for relocation.

Did they move the gold pass entrance? We were there Sunday and it's usually over by the train bridge by batman but they weren't letting anyone in early.

Sorry about that. It was moved over on the other side of the mall, across from First Cone near the entrance to the catering grove. With most early entry users going straight for JLBM, it made more sense to move it. However, the entrance has been in at least four places since 2013.

Does anybody know if we can process season passes at the pass office by thunder river, or do they have to be done at the gate? Reason I ask is I have an upgrade I need to do there, but I have another in my group that just needs general processing. They have a 2015 pass that could get them into the park. Don't want to wait in 2 lines if we can just do one.

^Do as much processing as possible at the front gate as they are the only ones who can fully process the pass with the finger scan. You can also just stop by the inside-the-park GR Windows instead of making the hike up to the is SP Services building.

I didn't even know we actually did that! It was super convenient...ahem.....and easy to find at SFGA. Was curious why we didn't offer the same. Welp. Good to know for next year.

I apologize that it wasn't as convenient as SFGA, but we do have conveniently placed employees to ask...ahem....at the front gate as well signs indicating it. Or you could just see what comes with the Gold Pass as it is plastered all over the website.

Oh, by the way, while this will be announced via social media soon, I wanted to mention that visiting the park on Saturday the 7th will really be a "blast" as Cubs Thunder returns to American Thunder. If anyone is going next weekend and wants to meet for lunch, let me know!

Can't wait to ride the real American Thunder again. My ride on Cubs Thunder left me feeling sick and shameful. 99% chance I'll be there this weekend. I may take you up on the lunch.

Anyone still interested in meeting at the park for lunch or something this weekend, message me. If you don't have an account but still read the forums & want to meet, email me jrr1118@hotmail.com. I'll get you my number so we can communicate. Absolutely no promises, but I'll see if Dave can stop by. Please try to message/email me by 9am tomorrow when my shift starts. I'll try to check as the day progresses but something could always get crazy, keeping me from the Internet.

Hey HWFan, a couple pages ago you mentioned that you were excited about a couple of the Mazes returning to Fright Fest 2016, and is there plans to remove any to make room for new ones? I was thinking that Slaughter House and Voided Vision might be, considering both started at 4:00 this year rather than 6:45

I would hate to see Slaughter House leave, because its been there since 2010, since I started going to this event, and was also the first maze I ever went into as well, so I'd hate to see it leave, especially since it was so stellar this year and in years past, probably my second favorite behind Blind Fury

Voided Vision just needs to go. It sucked.

I think this is the general consensus among the public, at least everyone who I've talked to. In all 3 years its been open, everyone's hated it. So yeah, it needs to go

While Voided Vision isn't my favorite house by any means, I found out this fall that a lot of people really like it. It scares the crap out of them.

^ Do you see it returning at all next year?

To answer all of your Fright Fest related questions from the last few days: I think I may have come off sounding like I know a lot more about FF 2016 than I actually do. For all I know houses like Blind Fury or Insanity Alley could come back with entirely different names and some different themes. There's also a lot that is still up in the air. The one thing that is certain is that FF 2016 will be even bigger and better.

By the way, it was great getting to see a few of you in the park this weekend, just by chance. I hope you enjoyed your visit, as we enjoyed & appreciated everyone who came out to make this "extra" weekend a huge success. I'll try to post some more information and pictures regarding the end of the year & Dave's retirement party/gifts, but it's been a long weekend for me. However, I am looking forward to just working Monday through Friday 9-5, which will let me have my weekends off...until we get to January/February with the rehire party, job fairs, and training classes.

Finally, just a quick FYI, the official opening date for next season is (Good) Friday, March 25th, 2016!

Was this final weekend a Fright Fest weekend, or just a normal operating weekend?

The park was open from noon until 6 both days. There were still a bunch of skeletons around which my 5 year old had fun finding but I wouldn't call it a Fright Fest weekend. All of the water was clear in the fountains and the traditional flags were flying by highway.

Was this final weekend a Fright Fest weekend, or just a normal operating weekend?

I was curious about this as well. Did they take down all of the Fright Fest decorations or were they still up just not functioning?

I was curious about this as well. Did they take down all of the Fright Fest decorations or were they still up just not functioning?

It was just a normal operating weekend. No Fright Fest attractions or shows were available. The Scare Zones were taken down (Clowns, Trolls). The facade for Slaughterhouse and Blind Fury were still up as were some of the Fright Fest flags. There were still a few decorations such as the headless horseman, the hearse, skeletons in the trees and spiderwebs in the window of JB's Smokehouse.

It was a great weekend to be at the park. Parking was completely free so those "preferred parking" spots were filling up quickly. There was a pretty good crowd but a lot of the coasters were walk on. JLBFM line was fairly short (about 60 minutes) and was probably the best ride I've had all season. All the effects were working and no breakdowns during our wait.

This morning was the annual 'State of the Park' address and turning off the front mall fountain ceremony. I'll add more details later but wanted to post a few quick pictures before editing this post to add more info later today.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e9ff02e876c5d441a64bf7d902e5208.jpeg

From Dave's retirement party after close last night.

Also, the front mall fountain is being renamed something like "Dave's Fountain for Youth". Almost everyone there started to get pretty choked up at that point.

More to come!

image.thumb.jpeg.93541a25f6f45774ea0faa437c5e7964.jpeg

The train was running this morning, leaving the cars unlatched. Here is one of the newly restored cars.

image.thumb.jpeg.81af160aed899622de24c00e133afbf5.jpeg

Compared to the final unrestored car.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b3a3364578673dac0af426234a14094.jpeg

While a forklift was going back and forth, taking each coaster car to be stored, there were already 3-4 guys working on American Thunder's track (including the removal of some layers).

Thanks for the update. I know you said some major infrastructure changes/upgrades were happening to the park this off season, but do you know what they are in detail? Sorry if you already explained them.

The biggest one (happening now anyway) is the replacement of some underground utility lines from 1971. They've been working on it for a few weeks now, as they're located around the employee lot and maintenance buildings. The massive metal plates covering the trench are giving me the chance to improve my wheelie skills at least.