TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

...It still makes my blood boil...

Well, now that Fright Fest is officially over, I would recommend at least bringing your blood down to a nice simmer. Trade secrets are great, as they protect businesses as they work on improvement and continued success. Trade secrets are bad, as they keep interesting information away from people who are just curious.

With that disclaimer, I will say that this season's Fright Fest was another record breaker by a fairly good margin. Kudos to the entertainment and operations departments who really upped their game and put their money where their mouth is. This past week was a bit less exciting for me now that the hiring season is over, but the last three days were insane!

Saturday/Halloween was plagued with pretty rough weather. It was overcast all day and rained a fairly good amount. However, today was a fantastic day with sunny skies and warm temps. The warm weather actually resulted in a bit of downtime for Superman, SkyScreamer, and Rush Street Flyer. The short downtimes were actually caused by swarms of ladybugs and a few bees. Fortunately, the park had a pretty great day with its operations.

After working non-stop from 9:00am to 7:00pm, I earned the ability to spend some time on the clock with Dave tonight. Along with a couple park directors, we caught the last Love at First Fright show at 7:15. As we exited the theater, Dave and I talked for a bit about a few things. However, when he saw our HR Director start walking over to take a family's picture in front of the Palace Theater (which has a nicely themed stage set up in front of it), Dave said, "Let's go make some magic for these people." He used his "authority" and charm to move the barriers and invite the family up on stage for the perfect picture. His words, "Let's go make some magic for these people," really stuck with me. They're something he did every day; something I hope to emulate.

I asked a lot about how the transition would take place as Pete takes the reigns, and I was impressed by Dave's thorough plan. Dave will be at the park at least through February. In January, he'll even set up simulated spring days, summer days, and fall days for Pete where he will see each step of the day he needs to follow. Pete will also receive a lot of support by each of the park's directors, which will be greatly beneficial for everyone.

Anyway, I don't want to babble on saying the same thing over and over, so I'll just end with this: Dave has led us through some of the company's hardest years and into its best years. He has set the foundation for a new leader to take the helm and continue guiding us towards more and more success.

Oh, by the way, while this will be announced via social media soon, I wanted to mention that visiting the park on Saturday the 7th will really be a "blast" as Cubs Thunder returns to American Thunder. If anyone is going next weekend and wants to meet for lunch, let me know!

Oh, by the way, while this will be announced via social media soon, I wanted to mention that visiting the park on Saturday the 7th will really be a "blast" as Cubs Thunder returns to American Thunder. If anyone is going next weekend and wants to meet for lunch, let me know!

Can't wait to ride the real American Thunder again. My ride on Cubs Thunder left me feeling sick and shameful. 99% chance I'll be there this weekend. I may take you up on the lunch.

I just watched the POV for Goliath at SFOG again. It still makes my blood boil that it didn't come to SFStL like it was supposed to! I cant help but be bitter.

You too, eh? haha. Although Goliath is far from my favorite hyper, it's still a great ride. That helix...

I just watched the POV for Goliath at SFOG again. It still makes my blood boil that it didn't come to SFStL like it was supposed to! I cant help but be bitter.

You too, eh? haha. Although Goliath is far from my favorite hyper, it's still a great ride. That helix...

Yeah, it would have been awesome.

I've never got to ride it (it was installed three years after I visited SFOG). But, it looks great. It looks perfect for a park like SFStL.

It probably wouldn't be your most memorable B&M, but the Helix has the most positive g forces I've yet to experience on a B&M Hyper. I think I grayed out on it if I recall correctly. Looks much faster in person than in video.

It probably wouldn't be your most memorable B&M, but the Helix has the most positive g forces I've yet to experience on a B&M Hyper. I think I grayed out on it if I recall correctly. Looks much faster in person than in video.

I grayed out in the helix on Titan every time I rode it. I've ridden coasters hundreds of times and that is the only coaster to ever do that to me.

I grayed out in the helix on Titan every time I rode it. I've ridden coasters hundreds of times and that is the only coaster to ever do that to me.

I haven't been on Goliath (SFGA) but I have done Titan and didn't grey out on it. Hopefully that basically means I'm good to go for everything.

I've never got to ride it (it was installed three years after I visited SFOG). But, it looks great. It looks perfect for a park like SFStL.

Agreed, a coaster like SFOG's Goliath would be perfect for SFSTL. As the only Six Flags without a RMC or a hyper, I really think a hyper would be a great fit for the park and round out their coaster collection. Since the 2016 investment in SFSTL is minimal, hopefully the park will finally be getting their hyper in 2017.

Agreed, a coaster like SFOG's Goliath would be perfect for SFSTL. As the only Six Flags without a RMC or a hyper, I really think a hyper would be a great fit for the park and round out their coaster collection. Since the 2016 investment in SFSTL is minimal, hopefully the park will finally be getting their hyper in 2017.

Not a chance.

SFSTL is a great park, but definitely missing a star attraction. A massive B&M hyper makes the most sense for obvious reasons, however Six Flags hasn't been spending $20M-25M on individual parks lately. Realistically, I could see Bizarro from SFGAdv coming soon. I've not been to SFGAdv yet, but I've always heard it is one of the most unpopular major attractions at the park, and if it was at SFSTL it would likely be THE most ridden coaster. Other than Bizarro, I could also see one of those S&S Batman/Total Mayhem coasters. Either one would be a good fit, but personally I would rather see Bizarro make its way to St. Louis. I've always thought it was weird Six Flags never installed more Eurofighters after DDD at SFOG. The coaster doesn't have the best capacity, but the ride is a good step between a family coaster and a major thrill ride, I could have definitely seen SFSTL along with maybe SFA, SFFT, and SFNE successfully having a similar ride.

Just wanted to give a quick update on Dave's gift. I'm hoping to make it to the frame store today. Basically, there will be three frames. The far left will be an original painting of Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters: Mystery of the Scary Swamp's facade. The middle will be the framed nametags. The right will be a painting of JLBM's facade. Each frame will not be more than 12x12in, and the two rides pictured act almost as bookends on his time as park president (although Scooby was technically a year or two in). My best friend is working on the painting, but I did finish the name tags. It took hours to file off the backs of them, so it took a while:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.dd8818782158058f3e330a65600fc524.jpg

Not the best picture of them, but you get the idea.

Seems like it's coming together pretty well, Josh. I'm sure Dave will appreciate it.

^ Lol I've given up on that. Proud of me Prozach?

Haha. You can say it out loud that you've given up on it. However, if you're like me, there's still hope in the back of your mind... way back there somewhere...

SFSTL is a great park, but definitely missing a star attraction. A massive B&M hyper makes the most sense for obvious reasons, however Six Flags hasn't been spending $20M-25M on individual parks lately. Realistically, I could see Bizarro from SFGAdv coming soon. I've not been to SFGAdv yet, but I've always heard it is one of the most unpopular major attractions at the park, and if it was at SFSTL it would likely be THE most ridden coaster. Other than Bizarro, I could also see one of those S&S Batman/Total Mayhem coasters. Either one would be a good fit, but personally I would rather see Bizarro make its way to St. Louis. I've always thought it was weird Six Flags never installed more Eurofighters after DDD at SFOG. The coaster doesn't have the best capacity, but the ride is a good step between a family coaster and a major thrill ride, I could have definitely seen SFSTL along with maybe SFA, SFFT, and SFNE successfully having a similar ride.

As Great Advenrure being my home park, I can say that it is one of my favorites there (behind el toro and nitro). It is actually my 3rd favorite. It's unpopular because of its location in the park, not ride quality. Although it has been unpopular it is starting now to pick up popularity again and the last time I was there the line for it was so long that it filled up the entire queue. The ride ops were doing great that way and we only waited an hour and there was minimal stacking. Every train was dispatched when the train before hit the MCBR (or even before sometimes!) The ride ops were actually racing each other and we placed friendly bets on who win when we were getting checked. I bet on the wrong person But yeah, I would really miss that ride and I really don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, if they add a new attraction back there in the coming years I could see it becoming very popular again because when people go back there to ride the new attraction they will see it.

I do agree though. If SFSTL got Bizarro it would be great for the park. I just don't want it to happen!

*edit*

The reason why no more Eurofighters were installed was because of the incident with NTAG I believe. They haven't worked with them since.

^So would this mean that Six Flags would eventually get rid of all five Gerstlauer spinning coasters that are in the chain within next few years?

I don't think so... There hasn't been any problems with them to my knowledge. All I know is that since the accident in 2013 that Gerstlauer and Six Flags have been arguing and have not worked together since. I don't see them getting rid of them though.