TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

IMO its better this way

See I don't even want to ride Barman anymore half the time. For me, half the fun was walking through Gotham lark, watching it slowly change into the nasty, underground Gotham. With all that stuff gone and it just being used as a storage place for Roar trains, it just doesn't get me as hyped to ride it.

American, er... Cubs "Not-so-always-walk-on" Thunder

Just wanted you to know that I caught that caption. lol.

My initial statement still stands though, outside of fright fest and the very busiest summer days, you can usually at the very least walk into the station. It's not uncommon for my group to ride it 5-6 times in the last 30 minutes or so of our trips.

IMO its better this way

See I don't even want to ride Barman anymore half the time. For me, half the fun was walking through Gotham lark, watching it slowly change into the nasty, underground Gotham. With all that stuff gone and it just being used as a storage place for Roar trains, it just doesn't get me as hyped to ride it.

Who remembers the sounds of kids in the park of the queue line?

I say one of the biggest disappointments SFSTL has given us is the negligence of the themeing of our best-themed coaster. When I visited other Six Flags parks in recent years, they all still had the cop cars, water, batmobiles, sound effects throughout and better effect lighting and the fog cannons in the stations.

My initial statement still stands though, outside of fright fest and the very busiest summer days, you can usually at the very least walk into the station. It's not uncommon for my group to ride it 5-6 times in the last 30 minutes or so of our trips.

The only time I've ever been able to walk onto American Thunder was back in 2011. Although to be fair, there is a chance that being in a wheelchair starting in 2012 hurt my "walk" on chances.

I've been hoping for years that WB buys back the Six Flags parks from Premier and starts making them what they used to be again, if Six Flags' current ownerships can't do it/don't have it in the budget

Do you want a bankrupt company? Because that's how you get a bankrupt company.

But seriously though, one thing that causes the biggest problems with theming is the midwestern climate. The annual freeze & thaw cycle is rough on a lot of the widely used thematic material, such as the heavy duty foam that makes up the fake ice outside the Mr. Freeze building & huge Boss entrance columns. At the same time, you could counter with some example from Great America or something, to which I wouldn't be able to say much as I have not visited that park.

But that example aside, two things: Premier Parks doesn't really exist anymore as Premier is Six Flags, or at least became Six Flags. Even the management in charge when the company by that name existed is pretty much gone by now. Six Flags, as a corporation, has a massive budget that they choose to use as wisely as possible. There is no doubt that theming is a big part of the industry, and by looking at the projection-mapping of buildings as part of the FF entertainment at SFMM, Six Flags is going with the same type of technology Disney, Universal, and Warner Brothers have started introducing into their own parks in recent years. Six Flags is just working on doing it in a way that allows them to get the most bang for their buck. Things move fast in the industry but appear to move slow from the outside, waiting year to year.

Finally, there was a comment made somewhere about less Fright Fest decorations out in the park this year. While things may have moved, there's actually more decorations out in the park than ever.

I've been plenty of other times where I've experienced your initial statement is true - all day. "Not-so-walk-on" is not something I've seen since 2008 or 09.

I feel very sad today, selfishly, and I am trying to feel happy for him. So, it is with very mixed emotions as I type this now:

At the end of this season/year, Dave Roemer will be retiring. His impact on the company will live on.

His replacement is currently the Director of Operations at Six Flags New England.

I feel very sad today, selfishly, and I am trying to feel happy for him. So, it is with very mixed emotions as I type this now:

At the end of this season/year, Dave Roemer will be retiring. His impact on the company will live on.

His replacement is currently the Director of Operations at Six Flags New England.

Congratulations to him! I didn't know he was retiring at the end of the season. Dave is a great guy!

When I found out this morning, I was heartbroken, but knew this was coming very soon. As much as I and everyone else would love to see him stick around, I am happy for him. He did so much for our park, battled for our park, and stuck with it through it all. I will say this though, I've heard the supposed new Presidents name but don't want to to say it yet until I 100% know that's exactly who it is, but I rather see him than a few of the others that wanted this position... one of them in particular would have sunk SFSTL beyond recognition. Who knows, maybe this guy can continue on Dave's vision and goal for SFSTL.

Luckily Ive had the privilege for 12 years of knowing and working with this wonderful individual. He is one of the most remarkable people Ive ever met in my career... my life. He has the greatest personality Ive ever come across, always smiling, always joking, and even in the roughest of moments, NEVER lost his cool and always had a way with his words and emotions. Those who have worked with him would say these words don't even come close to doing him justice. No amount of park services employees working at the same time will ever match up to you with your dustpan and broom! Congratulations Dave, I wish you the very best and thank you for all of your hard work, dedication, and selflessness... you are TRULY one of a kind.

I hope you guys are getting plenty of rides in on your flat rides, because big changes are coming!

I believe the director of ops at SFNE is Pete Carmichael, and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

That's who it is. Confirmed by the corporate email. It is a sad day, and the only day I've left early. Just too sad to focus. Back in July Dave said he'd be around for at least a few more years, which is why it surprised me so much.

If anyone who has ever met Dave, worked with Dave, or enjoyed the park he cared so much about, you can send him a happy retirement card or letter at the following address:

Dave Roemer

c/o Six Flags St. Louis

P.O. Box 60

Eureka, MO 63025

While it is by no means expected, I thought it might be nice. If you want to say hi to him at the park this weekend, your best bet would be to go to the Freaks Unleashed show in the Palace Garden each night. You can pretty much expect half a dozen members of management to be there wearing construction-type vests.

^Thank you. I was about to ask.

I'll most likely introduce myself to him. I also will be rounding up a bunch of praise / acclaimation from TPR iver the years for him to show him our respects. Since I never met him, at least I can show him the great perspective we've been given of him.