TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

My hope is butt hurt cards fans won't want to ride it so I can walk on

American Thunder is already the most consistently walk-on-able coaster in the park and I love it. As long as it's running both trains, its cycle time and good ride ops actually keep its capacity near maximum (rare at Six Flags parks for sure).

Apologize for the double post, but I looked on Six Flags website and could not find the info I was looking for. Does anyone know the cost of an all day pass for the haunted houses?

Call them. The price on the website shows $35 but I saw at the park last weekend it was $30 for the express pass.

American Thunder is already the most consistently walk-on-able coaster in the park and I love it. As long as it's running both trains, its cycle time and good ride ops actually keep its capacity near maximum (rare at Six Flags parks for sure).

Not trying to be negative, but it kind of shows you how the GP thinks. American Thunder is easily one of the best coasters in the park. (after freeze turned backwards...) It's my #2 in our park and justifiably anyone's #1 coaster. It's a great start-finish and a lot of fun. However, like I was saying, to the GP bigger and faster = better. Hence why everyone loves a good hyper. I know what everyone is thinking, which is "But then what about the Boss?!?!" It's just too rough for some people.

Not trying to beat a dead horse and I'm not being negative about it. I just think that's how the Miley Cyrus generation thinks.

Hey, I'm all for bigger, but I agree that the GP are a little crazy about it. Especially at SFOT, where the biggest coaster is the biggest letdown (although when I went, Titan was always a walk-on and NTaG varied alot, but the staff members I talked to said that Titan is always absolutely mobbed on busy days).

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of large steel. It's just that if you put Titan (I've ridden Goliath at SFMM) and American Thunder side by side, I'm picking American Thunder any day of the week. The thing is, I think most people would pick Titan. It's almost like a test of bravery with a lot of people, to where bigger just means better. Large steel is definitely a mass crown pleaser, but American Thunder is way underrated. SFSTL is really lucky to have such a gem. It's probably my favorite GCI out of what I've been on, although Prowler is pretty good, too.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of large steel. It's just that if you put Titan (I've ridden Goliath at SFMM) and American Thunder side by side, I'm picking American Thunder any day of the week. The thing is, I think most people would pick Titan. It's almost like a test of bravery with a lot of people, to where bigger just means better. Large steel is definitely a mass crown pleaser, but American Thunder is way underrated. SFSTL is really lucky to have such a gem. It's probably my favorite GCI out of what I've been on, although Prowler is pretty good, too.

I only got one ride on American Thunder due to only having 3 hours at the park. I rode near the front and I feel like a ride in the back would have put it ahead of Mr. Freeze. I'd choose American Thunder (or any of the woodies at SFStL) against Titan, I'd choose the woodies.

When big is done right, though...

you get Iron Rattler (or Fury/Bizarro/other amazing top 10 rides that are the tallest in their park).

Not trying to be negative, but it kind of shows you how the GP thinks. American Thunder is easily one of the best coasters in the park. (after freeze turned backwards...) It's my #2 in our park and justifiably anyone's #1 coaster. It's a great start-finish and a lot of fun. However, like I was saying, to the GP bigger and faster = better. Hence why everyone loves a good hyper. I know what everyone is thinking, which is "But then what about the Boss?!?!" It's just too rough for some people.

Not trying to beat a dead horse and I'm not being negative about it. I just think that's how the Miley Cyrus generation thinks.

And this is exactly why a hyper would be the best investment for our park! They would definitely get a return of revenue! Not only would people flock to it because it would be something completely unique to the park and most of the area, but the GP, especially the GP I've noticed at SFStL are all about "proving the size of their balls", and proving bravery. That's one reason STOP is so popular. A hyper would go over so well. And, us enthusiasts would be pleased as well!

Just got home from a fantastic 9am to midnight shift and wanted to get on here real quick before bed, as I have another 9am to midnight shift tomorrow.

If you are planning to visit tomorrow, expect the park to be busy. Like seriously busy. Fridays so far seem to be the best days to visit (if you're into the Fright Fest stuff, but out of all the Saturdays, this is the one I would warn most about. That doesn't mean don't come to the park, because you can still have a great time, but it might be busy.

If anyone does visit tomorrow and happens to purchase a Slasher Pass, I'll most likely be at the booth near Batman between 5:30 and 10:00 helping out. I've had the great opportunity of meeting many of you in the park this year, so feel free to stop by and say hi.

Just got home from a fantastic 9am to midnight shift and wanted to get on here real quick before bed, as I have another 9am to midnight shift tomorrow.

If you are planning to visit tomorrow, expect the park to be busy. Like seriously busy. Fridays so far seem to be the best days to visit (if you're into the Fright Fest stuff, but out of all the Saturdays, this is the one I would warn most about. That doesn't mean don't come to the park, because you can still have a great time, but it might be busy.

If anyone does visit tomorrow and happens to purchase a Slasher Pass, I'll most likely be at the booth near Batman between 5:30 and 10:00 helping out. I've had the great opportunity of meeting many of you in the park this year, so feel free to stop by and say hi.

I probably am, though I went a couple saturdays ago and it was busy too.

On a side note, I went to Lemp Brewery last night and enjoyed it. I highly recommend getting the speed pass, or maybe even a weekday, to go through slowly with a small group. My only real complaint about here and The Darkness is theyre too dark. A lot of the displays and props were barely noticable.

We forgot to check the opening hours today! Silly us to assume that it would open at 11. However, we are here currently (10:38 AM) waiting for entry into the parking lot. It wasn't intentional, but it sounds like we lucked out!

Anybody else here waiting for parking lot entry?

Here's a cool picture from SFSTL's Twitter showing some of the Freaks this year on the pretty gorgeous refurbished train

What I'm actually really surprised to see is that it seems like this year they're lending (or at least purchasing) latex prosthetics from California-based SFX company 'The Scream Team' (The company has also been doing the makeup for Six Flags Magic Mountain's Fright Fest for decades now) And if that doesn't signal that the event has some really strong years ahead of them, I don't know what does. I think HWFan mentioned that this year was a transition year so if that's how things are going to look from now on I'm already excited for next year

Im also heading out to the park next weekend and curious to see of the haunts are as bad as everyone is saying they apparently are

I thought they were all pretty fantastic last year except for Voided Vision so I don't really know how they could be worse this year, but I guess I'll wait and see

(Also I hope I can get a ride of Justice League where all the effects are working properly)

IMG_20151015_152457.thumb.jpg.1cd0efeb8a4bfe251971937f75502c91.jpg

Today was packed. The parking lot was crammed to lots I didn't even know exisit. Overflow lots were all the way back to the last zone. Eagle and Ninja were outside of the entrance AND all switchbacka were in use. The Joker Inc. was backed up too.

My celluar did not operate after 3 PM today. Radio towers must have been VERY overloaded. As I am typing this, I am outside of the park's range, and celluar is fine.

I noticed several things today. Most interesting were some new *relative term* yellow Millennium Flyers under BMTR. These certainly must be Roar's. First Mega Zeph, then Villian, and now Roar? Lol. I wonder where the Boss's trains would go if they ever got rid of it's disgraceful Gerstluaer trains?

Edited by RollerManic

How cool would it be if they took those trains and set them up as part of a cemetery for dead rides (like what they do at Six Flags Great America)? I know that the boats for Scooby Doo as well as the Cab Company bumper cars are still hanging out somewhere so why not put them to use?

I guess making some joke on a tombstone about Hurricane Katrina would be highly insensitive in Mega Zeph's case but you never know

>I think it'd be kind of neat<

Went last night and the only sucky thing was Justice League. It was closed when I got there, but had reopened and waited 90 minutes(which was kind of expected). The loading part just felt disorganized. Even the flashpass line was full. Instead of just letting people on, they would look for a certain sized group. I wont go back on it next year, unless its a way shorter line.

Just like last night, I am returning from another great but tiring 15 hour shift, so I have to make this quick (especially as I have to be back for another fun twelve hours tomorrow.

1. I305forever: Check out pages 647 & 648 of this forum for more information & discussion on that bit of news. Unless someone else sent it too, I may have been the one to alert Screamscape. Here's a picture of the, honestly, good-quality sign (note: the larger "American Thunder" signs on either side of the large triangle shaped motorcycle ramp...err...attraction marquee still read American Thunder. However, the I-44 marquee has said, "Come ride Cubs Thunder" for the last couple days):

1649916421_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_00_50AM.png.b6afc3097068cdf724f47eb0035c4d1b.png

I made a quick trip down into the park Friday morning to snap this pic and post on Facebook with the title, "Caution: This ride (sign) may induce vomiting."

2. RollerManic: I hope you were able to enjoy your visit, even with the crowd. I just saw your messages and wish we could've met. I ended up getting busy and didn't get around to taking my break until around 10pm anyway, and I ended up being stationed at the Colossal Closeouts Slasher Pass tent.

3. Because everyone likes pictures (I think), here are some random pictures from the park that I've taken recently. Some were taken in Snapchat and others are terrible quality, so forgive me for any stupid captions or quality stuff.

1616676579_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_10AM.png.bfee430f81db256de09dfd8973fec7ab.png

This is just a small look at the 'Gnawlins Hollow area, as this barely shows any of the cool props at all. Plus, the pic was taken when it was set up for vehicle traffic. When the park is open, props and fences make the area into a small bottleneck (not enough to back up people but just enough to allow the actors to have some fun).

1533939602_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_11_53AM.png.030de18a436eef543f020fb14c7d2b2b.png

Some of the 'Gnawlins props during the day this past week.

The following three pictures are of the Rush Street Flyer (and possibly train). I was using my iphone, but I know for a fact that HARLEYGUY was there that night with his fancy camera. Cough up the pics dude!

1681343485_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_32AM.png.12b1aa4c1c1edb7017daddaf2a52bacf.png

2049499835_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_38AM.png.4052e737cc6c1ad6bf8f228e522e2f3c.png

1800141915_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_47AM.png.6e1dd3bb88aae7681c5ced28394a99ef.png

Finally, just a nice picture of Colossus and the cool sunset from last Sunday.

2037647594_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_24AM.png.2fa3c0c009fe8119a0b13cf603e291da.png

546382219_ScreenShot2015-10-18at1_12_02AM.png.b83cddb5e173eb5ed9b9012316b2bc60.png

4. While the park was busy, people seemed to be having a great time. I've noticed that the Fright Fest entertainment (especially shows inside or in front of the Palace Theater) has been much more popular this year. The show quality has greatly improved, and that is something you will continue to see improve. The entire Palace garden area takes on an entirely new persona at night with all of the moving spotlights, red light bulbs in the lamps, fog effects, and the really well done "Seven Deadly Sins" area. The familiar jack-o-lantern lights on Colossus area back, and I apologize for never finding out any more info on what happened to the clock lighting program earlier in the season.

5. ChrisGraslie: The train cars really do look nice, even from a distance. I was surprised with how big of a difference it makes. The final car to be renovated will most likely not be done until next season. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but) I heard that the train has a harder time during Fright Fest, which is part of the reason only half of the loop was used for last year's haunted train. Also, I think the main complaints people had were due to a reported lack of actors in the mazes. With mazes like Blind Fury & Insanity Alley receiving nice updates, I think the mazes themselves (minus Voided Vision, as people seem to dislike it on here) are better than ever.

Anyway, I guess I didn't make that quick, but there you go. Now I'm off to bed so merry Fright Fest to all and to all a good night...or some other weird/witty ending. Idk. I'm tired.

Went yesterday and had a great time. Saw Love At First Fright for the first time and enjoyed it, my wife adorded it. Pyro show was pretty cool, got to see it from the Justice League line. Which is my only complaint. Justice League opperations between 6pm and 8:30 where by far the worst I've ever seen, like anywhere.

They where not grouping well, if at all. After waiting 2 and a half hours, we got up around Cyborg to realise they where letting groups as small as two people take up a whole car to themselves. We saw a family of four so frustrated she litterally ran past the ride ops and seated her family in a car they where trying to let only two people ride on to fill it. I was behind a family of four with my group of two. They asked how many to the group in front of us, they then asked us, we replied we had two. They let us go in front of the family of four....only to be placed in a car by ourselves. On such a busy night they have to do better

We still enjoyed our visit, but sadly left at 5:30 pm. I didn't expect anyone else was there. I didn't bring my fancy camera either, but I have a some pictures left from last year's FF. There's also a couple of pictures I took yesterday via iPhone, mostly of the observations I made of changes to the park:

image.thumb.jpeg.dcf5d544c5f2a467ecfa49e1f8424569.jpeg

Gotham Mural now gone. IMO, it looks better this way.

image.thumb.jpeg.0766dd2e7ff41c81d6850a1e3088e366.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d19bc9181919b80760cdd1674be94083.jpeg

Roar's presence

image.thumb.jpeg.36ae398b8a0b6673933e74d0af90808b.jpeg

The RKMT booth may have been gone last season too, I think. And the tree. RIP.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0441bb73f252843b8de4cd30150ea1f.jpeg

The roof is gone

image.thumb.jpeg.f4215d636166e7280a82f887fe6acab6.jpeg

Packed overfill lot. Not good!

image.thumb.jpeg.b8c62570d94f94425257a7bb062ee976.jpeg

Packed regular parking

image.thumb.jpeg.479ad4e2d546fc03e89ddbeda53226a3.jpeg

American, er... Cubs "Not-so-always-walk-on" Thunder

I went yesterday. All in all had a great time! Just a few observations:

Way, WAY, less decorations around the park and entry plaza than usual. What happened there?

Camp Killamore: Very well thought out, and could have been so great, but ended up being very boring. Hardly any scareactors. Long drawn out walks with absolutely no action.

Insanity Alley: Very enjoyable. Awesome props and scareactors. I love the "mushy things" under the mulch in the cemetery. That really took me by surprise.

Voided Vision: This was really cool at first, but after so long my eyes adjusted and it became pretty boring and mundane.

Slaughter House: Wow! Best house I went through! I had lots of scares, and the props were so cool! I loved the cage.

Wreckers Salvage and Blind Fury: I didn't do either. I waited in line for Wreckers for way too long, then just gave up. Blind Fury had a very long line. I really wanted to go through it, but didn't feel like waiting.

The park was the most packed I'd ever seen it, ever! I had never seen any cars in the farthest overflow lots. They were both full. I had to park in the one south of Hurricane Harbor when I came back from supper.

Like I said, great day. My only real complaints are the lack of decorations around the park, the lack of scareactors in Camp Killamore, and the capacity for Wreckers Salvage.

Went yesterday and had a great time. Saw Love At First Fright for the first time and enjoyed it, my wife adorded it. Pyro show was pretty cool, got to see it from the Justice League line. Which is my only complaint. Justice League opperations between 6pm and 8:30 where by far the worst I've ever seen, like anywhere.

They where not grouping well, if at all. After waiting 2 and a half hours, we got up around Cyborg to realise they where letting groups as small as two people take up a whole car to themselves. We saw a family of four so frustrated she litterally ran past the ride ops and seated her family in a car they where trying to let only two people ride on to fill it. I was behind a family of four with my group of two. They asked how many to the group in front of us, they then asked us, we replied we had two. They let us go in front of the family of four....only to be placed in a car by ourselves. On such a busy night they have to do better

Yeah, I saw at least one car with just two people in it, which is inexcusable. I was with two other people and I was going to be in the front, but after we sat down, the guy asked me to get in the back so three others could get in, which I did, but they couldnt seat the others in time, though I didnt even see anyone even coming towards the car.

The only technical problem I experienced was the final scene action scene freezing up. I think what would've been a LOT better, is making it one of those motion rides, like Star Tours. I think it would have been far more effective.