TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ I agree that its nice that they went with an original name. I just feel "Mayhem" would have sounded better than "Total Mayhem". But its whatevs. And yes, I'm very glad, and very shocked, to hear about Revolution getting a refurb! I actually just posted in the SFMM thread about how I'm surprised that this is the only expansion for 2016 they are getting. I would have expected at least a flat, or a HH expansion to go with it. Very unlike SFMM lol!

Speaking of the removal of the tidal wave in the near future. I forgot that rides even there until i walk over to.that area.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't technically know that Tidal Wave is going anywhere anytime soon. Also, talking about investments, Jim Reid-Anderson is an extremely intelligent and down to earth man. (We actually exchange emails about new movies and music we see. Out of 30,000 employees, he makes time for me. What a special dude.) He knows how important beautiful parks are. If you have a beautiful park, you will get better Guest ratings than even adding a new coaster this year. Just think: millions of dollars being invested into infrastructure, renovation, and theming. There are a lot of ideas in the pipeline that could make the park really shine, and they are going to try to get as many implemented as possible. For 2016, look forward to more shade, misters, and AC.

With an 8:00-4:30 HR shift today, I was fine staying until 9:00 tonight just to get a chance to ride JLBM. Oddly enough, I ran into another TPR SFSL Forum regular in the queue and rode with her family.

The good news: It was by far the best ride I've had in it. The only effect that wasn't working top notch was the Joker's cannon. With the doors and full effects working, the ride is a masterpiece. All 8 cars have been running with almost zero downtime. I want to apologize for those who were effected by issues earlier this season, but wow is it cool now.

I think RPM was a better name, but oh well, its not our park so I dont care.

Do you think SF will install anymore S&S flats, particularly Screaming Swings? Props to SFI for adding Larson Flying Scooters, by the way!

HWFan, does Reid-Anderson believe in giving the smaller parks a really nice roller coaster once in a millennium (and I'm not speaking of a conversion )?

Visited the park today, and while it was crowded, the lines weren't bad. A few notes:

-Ride ops were dispatching trains quickly, especially Mr. Freeze at night.

-Food lines were OUTRAGEOUS. Meanwhile, Mooseburger and Macho Nacho, some of the most popular restaurants, closed at 4. If there's one thing the park needs, it's a way to make the food lines move quickly. First Cone is the only restaurant where they get people through extremely fast. The workers are exceptional there.

-Fright Fest props have started to arrive. I noticed a new mulch trail in between Colossus and DC Comics Plaza with weird stick huts all around. I'm assuming this is a mini-walkthrough for the return of the trolls, as their old spot in the shade arbor has been taken. Can you confirm if this is the case, HWFan?

-The Boss was a bit tougher than it was a month or so ago but it was awesome at night. I wouldn't object to an RMC conversion, but the ride isn't really THAT bad. As for Screamin' Eagle, as awesome as an RMC conversion would be, it's pretty much the first big coaster for smaller kids, and making it an inverting, intense ride with a 48" requirement would ruin it. And, like the Boss, it's still a pretty good ride that doesn't really need the I-Box treatment.

It was a good day, even with the troubles with the food stands. I really love walking around the park at night.

Screamin' Eagles's charm and hustory is what objects me against an RMC conversion. It is also one of the best running classics in the chain.

Like many have said, it would be nice to repace the track with topper track so it can stay around for much longer. Personally, I'd like that as the red color would be bolder.

HWFan, does Reid-Anderson believe in giving the smaller parks a really nice roller coaster once in a millennium (and I'm not speaking of a conversion )?

Jim Reid-Anderson inherited a bit of a mess. There were lots of investments needed in the parks for non-ride related things and lots of debt to manage. He has led the company to be at its highest point ever. He is growing the parks so that they can be successful, but he knows that theme park growth can be tricky I'm sure. Look at Holiday World: Before some of the capacity pains they have been having this year, their very calculated and slow growth has got them to a point where they could invest in a $22 million B&M.

Large & unique coasters bring lots of people to a park. Lots of Guests can make a park successful. Jim Reid-Anderson is going to make the parks successful. I don't know any specifics at all about large coasters coming to any of the parks, but I know they will be coming at some point. As an employee who loves the park, his team members, and our Guests, it probably pains me the most when a year goes by without a *insert whatever type of RMC Boss or hyper coaster* being announced, so the fact that I can be so optimistic about the future of the park should really tell you something. I still consider conversions as being "new" big coasters, like the Joker at SFDK. You know...we're a lot like SFDK...

Switching subjects, I was taking some stuff from HR down to cash control in the late evening, and I see Dave Roemer come out of the park via the main employee entrance/exit by First Aid. The ice house for the park is also right back there, and he walked over to one of the giant walk-in coolers, grabs a huge bag of ice, throws it on his shoulder, and starts headed back into the park. He was going to the food location attached to the Hall of Justice store, and I was talking to him during the short walk there. 90% of our conversation consisted of trying to think of ice-related puns. More importantly, it's cool to see the Park President who hears a stand needs more ice, is in the general area, and radios to say that he'll take care of it. He reminds me a lot of my close friend and inspiration, Pat Koch.

Vonni - I'm not sure about pictures. It depends on a few things: 1) are there picture-worthy things, 2) do I have the opportunity to get a pic, and 3) am I allowed to take the pic. I'm hoping to get a drive around the back roads of the park in the next week or two, but we'll see.

WoodieWarrior - I'm glad you seemed to have an overall good time at the park, especially about the ride ops. I do want to apologize for the food lines however. The good news is that beefed up culinary service infrastructure has been built. You will see things getting better on that front in the coming weeks. That is something I am personally helping to work on.

Vonni - I'm not sure about pictures. It depends on a few things: 1) are there picture-worthy things, 2) do I have the opportunity to get a pic, and 3) am I allowed to take the pic. I'm hoping to get a drive around the back roads of the park in the next week or two, but we'll see.

OMG that would be really awesome!

I have to say HHFan, we love JLBFM! It is a great addition to our park!!!

Another friend of mine who is a coaster enthusiast told me her sources have "confirmed" an RMC conversion to our park for 2017. Has anyone else heard this???

"Sources"? Is she affiliated with Six Flags in any way?

I'm not sure. She didn't tell details of her source. I will ask her next time I see her.

Her source should probably tell Dave and the park directors that she has confirmed an RMC conversion for 2017. They'd probably like to know so that they can get ready with the planning.

Oh, and someone had posted a screenshot from the Fright Fest teaser site with the words 'End of Boss'. Dave said that the people who just throw those sites together are over in Texas and have no idea what parks are adding each year. They just try to find something catchy to put.

LOL! I will see her tonight and will ask her where she got this information from.

With an 8:00-4:30 HR shift today, I was fine staying until 9:00 tonight just to get a chance to ride JLBM. Oddly enough, I ran into another TPR SFSL Forum regular in the queue and rode with her family.

The good news: It was by far the best ride I've had in it. The only effect that wasn't working top notch was the Joker's cannon. With the doors and full effects working, the ride is a masterpiece. All 8 cars have been running with almost zero downtime. I want to apologize for those who were effected by issues earlier this season, but wow is it cool now.

It was a pleasure to meet and ride JLBM with you!

Man...what an awful day at the park. I genuinely felt bad for Dave and the full time staff (pretty sure I saw HWFAN running to and from different areas). I was looking forward to eating JBS and riding Justice League. Justice League was down, and all the resteraunts where closed snd directed to Colonades. I csn tell they where understaffed and felt bad, but it didn't make up for a rotten day at the park.

Here's a pic from Instagram of the mulch path and stick huts that were mentioned a couple pages back! I'm glad to see the Trolls come back, but I hope after 4 years they don't use the same cheesy troll masks they had used back in the day.

Also, even though this is in the general area of between Colossus and DC Comics Plaza, I'm having trouble laying my finger on exactly where it is. I see a banner for JL:BFM but from that angle it would be in the Gnawlin's Hollow area? So confused.

IMG_20150906_195017.jpg.2667264a834db34b91c4f3910705595a.jpg

Here's a pic from Instagram of the mulch path and stick huts that were mentioned a couple pages back! I'm glad to see the Trolls come back, but I hope after 4 years they don't use the same cheesy troll masks they had used back in the day.

Also, even though this is in the general area of between Colossus and DC Comics Plaza, I'm having trouble laying my finger on exactly where it is. I see a banner for JL:BFM but from that angle it would be in the Gnawlin's Hollow area? So confused.

Since I'm the guy that posted that pic, I guess I should explain where it is. I took it from Colossus's porch/queue looking towards Justice League. It's behind the Hall of Justice store that has the snack booth attached. Here's pretty much the location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B030'51.6%22N+90%C2%B040'35.0%22W/@38.5143295,-90.6764509,103m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

I just guessed it was a mini troll walkthrough since I knew they were returning and their old area was taken by Blind Fury. These thin paths should make for a more intimate/scary environment.

Man...what an awful day at the park. I genuinely felt bad for Dave and the full time staff (pretty sure I saw HWFAN running to and from different areas). I was looking forward to eating JBS and riding Justice League. Justice League was down, and all the resteraunts where closed snd directed to Colonades. I csn tell they where understaffed and felt bad, but it didn't make up for a rotten day at the park.

It really was terrible. It is really awful in my opinion that they had the sale pushing the dining pass then all restaurants are closed. Funny how all of the stores seemed to be fully staffed. You would think some people could shift around and close stores and not just restaurants.

We went to the water park today and waited well over an hour for food. Then nearly all of the slides were closed. If the park can't be staffed it shouldn't be open.

That is the "troll trail" that is new/returning this year, Camp Killamore will be in part of the waterpark and Wrecker's Salvage should be the terror train this year.

I thought Wrecker's Salvage was the hayride this year? The loading platforms are already set up for the hayrides, and Zombie Paintball Apocalypse isn't being advertised. Plus the Fright Fest site has Wrecker's Salvage marked as an upcharge attraction.

From what I've heard there isn't a Terror Train this year.

I thought Wrecker's Salvage was the hayride this year? The loading platforms are already set up for the hayrides, and Zombie Paintball Apocalypse isn't being advertised. Plus the Fright Fest site has Wrecker's Salvage marked as an upcharge attraction.

When they dumped the containers by the exploding shack for the Terror Train, I figured they would be props for Wrecker's Salvage, but I didn't see that it's maked as an upcharge on the website, so I'm probably wrong about it being the train, because I know that the hayride is coming back for sure.