TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Also, here's some broken down Mr Freeze goodness. This happened right as we were exiting today

We had this happen to us last time we were are SFOT. We were sitting front row of the train, it came back into the station, and stopped short. Maintenance came in, and seriously moved the train forward a few feet. That reset everything. A few minutes later the track slid sideways and we were able to exit the ride! Sadly the entire process took about 25 minutes mainly because maintenance took forever to show up. Once they were there it took about 5 minutes to get everything fixed.

A few days ago we overheard one of the managerial supervisors talking with one of the maintenance guys about them having seen the plans for a "big new ride" that was going in next year(?) and that Tidal Wave was going to close after this season and removed in order to make room for it. When asked if it was a roller coaster or not, they went stone faced and replied that they "Weren't at liberty to say". Interpret that how you wish, but the general tone around the park was that Tidal Wave is indeed on the short list to go soon.

Funny thing actually, I actually had really taken this with a grain of salt, but there were a few guests today behind me in the overflow queue line for JL:BFM that were on the subject of superheroes discussing different things and then eventually (this seriously got my attention, being someone whos not big on rumors)one of the guys was talking about how they somehow heard that that 4D Free Fly coaster in the survey we all took (well, some of us if you're on the E-mail mailing list) would be coming to St Louis, and would be themed after DC's Green Lantern apparently? I dont believe it that much still, as they could have been full of crap but theres that possibility and it seemed like they could have been in the loop of things one way or another. Still, take it with a grain of salt, but it's curious to have a recurring rumor like that. Im just wondering, if it is true, where it would go? Around this time last year is when the park issued out the statement that Scooby Doo would be replaced, and had it advertised to get your last ride, so if it is true (and it still could be a bunch of nonsense), it doesnt seem Tidal Wave is being removed as quickly as I had thought, and it's obvious now that Ninja could stay for possibly another 3-5 years because even today it was eating up crowds. Take it all as you will, but weve only got about a month and a half until 2016 announcements! If something is leaving, expect signs to pop up soon.

A few days ago we overheard one of the managerial supervisors talking with one of the maintenance guys about them having seen the plans for a "big new ride" that was going in next year(?) and that Tidal Wave was going to close after this season and removed in order to make room for it. When asked if it was a roller coaster or not, they went stone faced and replied that they "Weren't at liberty to say". Interpret that how you wish, but the general tone around the park was that Tidal Wave is indeed on the short list to go soon.

Funny thing actually, I actually had really taken this with a grain of salt, but there were a few guests today behind me in the overflow queue line for JL:BFM that were on the subject of superheroes discussing different things and then eventually (this seriously got my attention, being someone whos not big on rumors)one of the guys was talking about how they somehow heard that that 4D Free Fly coaster in the survey we all took (well, some of us if you're on the E-mail mailing list) would be coming to St Louis, and would be themed after DC's Green Lantern apparently? I dont believe it that much still, as they could have been full of crap but theres that possibility and it seemed like they could have been in the loop of things one way or another. Still, take it with a grain of salt, but it's curious to have a recurring rumor like that. Im just wondering, if it is true, where it would go? Around this time last year is when the park issued out the statement that Scooby Doo would be replaced, and had it advertised to get your last ride, so if it is true (and it still could be a bunch of nonsense), it doesnt seem Tidal Wave is being removed as quickly as I had thought, and it's obvious now that Ninja could stay for possibly another 3-5 years because even today it was eating up crowds. Take it all as you will, but weve only got about a month and a half until 2016 announcements! If something is leaving, expect signs to pop up soon.

hhmm, i saw a youtube video of the one at magic mountain and it doesnt seem like anything special. Maybe since its small.

^The version at SFMM is very different from the version at SFFT. At MM, the ride was manufactured by Intamin and seems to get iffy or negative reviews from enthusiasts. The ride at SFFT is an S&S/RMC product, which has received a lot of praise.

By the way, MODOT installed a new sign for the Six Flags exit on 44 West. I'm not sure exactly how it will be used, but it has two electronic "MIN" signs. With it being installed Monday morning, I have not seen the electronic parts in use yet.

image.thumb.jpg.b65e650ec0d24ebd8b8cbd577910cdb5.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality.

Random question, but does anyone know why Superman is closed?? It's listed online as "Temporarily Closed." (Sorry if this has been discussed already.)

Just waiting for a part from Intamin from what I've heard

The part is at the park, and the installation process has already begun. It just takes a while due to the limited work daylight hours and location of the part.

Whatever is broke on Superman is at the top of the tower, complicating the repairs, it could open before the park goes to weekend operations or maybe they will just wait until the park is closed during the week to fix it.

Early rumors point to not much happening in 2016.

^Well, if so, it wouldn't be the first time. But I think this will be an exception, as if they are able to fix the problems, then they mostly shouldn't be continuous or spontaneous issues. Besides, a lot could be cut out of the clones without disfiguring the story (trial and error, its called).

But for selfish reasons, I dont want to see any more clones of this ride. Its our "hyper" and bragging rights to the bigger parks.

With JLBFM, they may not have it 100% till next year. Which really sucks. Wonder if this type of problem could be giving corportate blue balls about whether or not they should send more to other parks.

I would think that corporate would be understanding that this a very unique ride that has a ton of moving parts and things that all have to line up for it to run effectively at 100%. They probably knew going in that it would be awhile before all the kinks got worked out. Lets be completely honest here. The ride was probably opened before it was ready and it's hard to get everything at 100% when the park is open daily. They had to get it open because they advertised it for this Summer and they can't close it for extended periods of times because it's their main attraction that is drawing the biggest line.

SFZIP: I'm happy but surprised you haven't found anything to leak. Good for the park, but you'll probably be back on your game soon.

HWFAN - Is my question from a few weeks ago going to get answered???

Still haven't gotten an answer but just sent another email today to someone else. I try to get all the information I can, but I can't always get everything or post information. With up to 58 hour weeks, it doesn't always leave me with much time.

Superman is running today!

Not all of the vehicles were working though. They at least wanted to get half/most of the ride open. Personally, I would much rather have an S&S Double Shot tower like HW's Liberty Launch. Superman is the only ride that has ever gotten to me psychologically. Two times were enough for me.

...They probably knew going in that it would be awhile before all the kinks got worked out. Lets be completely honest here. The ride was probably opened before it was ready and it's hard to get everything at 100% when the park is open daily...

The park had absolutely no idea that they would be opening a ride that didn't have the utmost reliability. Also, it's important to remember how the ride actually ran beautifully (overall) for the first two weeks. The only issue at that time was the single vehicle that needed a bit more work in terms of programming. At this point, you really can't blame the park for "opening it before it was ready", as the park purchased a product without knowing complications would occur.

Was there water that came out of the top of the volcano before at the wave pool inside hurricane harbor? I couldn't remember....

Looking at some pictures yes it did. Last time I was there (quite a few years ago) there was water coming out of the sides, maybe it was the top. Why, no water?

Excited to go to the park this Wednesday!!! Hoping for sunny weather and tame crowds. If I get there at opening, I shouldn't have issues getting on all the main rides by close I assume (maybe even earlier so can check out some more StL - going to Bogart's BBQ, AB factory tour, and arch the next day).

Unless you are planning on going to the waterpark or riding water rides you'll probably have minimal waits if any at all.

You would think that Hurricane Harbor wouldn't garner as much attention as a new 4D dark ride but you'd be shocked at how crowded it can get sometimes

The line for Bonzai Pipelines last Wednesday was pretty insane actually

You would think that Hurricane Harbor wouldn't garner as much attention as a new 4D dark ride but you'd be shocked at how crowded it can get sometimes

The line for Bonzai Pipelines last Wednesday was pretty insane actually

You aren't kidding, I went on Wednesday and we waited almost an hour for Bonzai Pipeline. They were only running one of the slides when we were there, so that could have something to do with it.