TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I've heard zero rumors about what could be coming to the park next year. I'm hoping for an S&S 4D free fly, but realistically I either see a super loop (don't know where'd they put it) or a smallish water park addition.

Edit: Also, I'm at the park today, and for some reason I was a lot more impressed by Justice League this time than I was last week. It really is an awesome addition. (Although we were on the ride when a breakdown occurred, right after we were done with the final simulation screen.)

Oh, and I guess I found the bonus target, as my score ended in a 6. Could somebody PM me and tell me what it is, though? Lol

So I would think that if they're closing a ride, I'm thinking that there would be a "get your last ride" announcement in the next few weeks.

If we got a S&S 4D Coaster, could it replace the Ninja?

If we got a Larson Looper, what current ride do you think it would replace?

So I would think that if they're closing a ride, I would think that "get your last ride" announcement will be in the next few weeks.

Ninja will go only once they have a new coaster. Six Flags' MO of late has been not to rebuild immediately in the same spot. Look at what Great America has done. They built X-Flight, then took out Iron Wolf. They built Goliath in Iron Wolf's spot, and took out Ragin' Cajun. By this method they can maintain the coaster count and have some time to build new.

Honestly, I think the next ride to leave will be Tidal Wave. I personally love that ride; it's impossible to leave with any part of you still dry. If the ride doesn't get you (and it definitely will), then just stand on the exit queue against the wall and it'll finish the job. But I know the park management is eyeing it for the chopping block, so there you go.

So given that, I can see Tidal Wave replaced by a new coaster and Ninja removed. Ninja's spot could be reworked into any number of things, including a Super Loop. Heck, with how low to the ground River King Mine Train is, it could even be the spot for a giga that goes right over RKMT and down into the valley to the east. But....

Someone mentioned a while back that Ninja is staying for a bit longer. It still draws a crowd I believe was the reason and having visited more then a few times (held season passes there for around 5 years part of those while in Colorado) I can say that is very true. Personally I never found it bad minus the head banger as you exit the sidewinder. To each their own.

Someone mentioned a while back that Ninja is staying for a bit longer. It still draws a crowd I believe was the reason and having visited more then a few times (held season passes there for around 5 years part of those while in Colorado) I can say that is very true. Personally I never found it bad minus the head banger as you exit the sidewinder. To each their own.

Probably draws a crowd as there's almost no wait, at least when I've been there. Persinally, id like something new.

So I would think that if they're closing a ride, I would think that "get your last ride" announcement will be in the next few weeks.

Ninja will go only once they have a new coaster. Six Flags' MO of late has been not to rebuild immediately in the same spot. Look at what Great America has done. They built X-Flight, then took out Iron Wolf. They built Goliath in Iron Wolf's spot, and took out Ragin' Cajun. By this method they can maintain the coaster count and have some time to build new.

Honestly, I think the next ride to leave will be Tidal Wave. I personally love that ride; it's impossible to leave with any part of you still dry. If the ride doesn't get you (and it definitely will), then just stand on the exit queue against the wall and it'll finish the job. But I know the park management is eyeing it for the chopping block, so there you go.

So given that, I can see Tidal Wave replaced by a new coaster and Ninja removed. Ninja's spot could be reworked into any number of things, including a Super Loop. Heck, with how low to the ground River King Mine Train is, it could even be the spot for a giga that goes right over RKMT and down into the valley to the east. But....

I'm dreading the day Tidal Wave is removed. So many good memories on that ride!

A few days ago we overheard one of the managerial supervisors talking with one of the maintenance guys about them having seen the plans for a "big new ride" that was going in next year(?) and that Tidal Wave was going to close after this season and removed in order to make room for it. When asked if it was a roller coaster or not, they went stone faced and replied that they "Weren't at liberty to say". Interpret that how you wish, but the general tone around the park was that Tidal Wave is indeed on the short list to go soon.

If we where getting a coaster wouldn't there already be noticeable evidence? Survey markers of some sort? I find it hard to imagine. I'm thinking a slide or a looper this year.

There was a survery posted, but I dont think was specifically for SFSL, but it was for a coaster.

^Just sayin', that survey was for SFGAdv.

A few days ago we overheard one of the managerial supervisors talking with one of the maintenance guys about them having seen the plans for a "big new ride" that was going in next year(?) and that Tidal Wave was going to close after this season and removed in order to make room for it. When asked if it was a roller coaster or not, they went stone faced and replied that they "Weren't at liberty to say". Interpret that how you wish, but the general tone around the park was that Tidal Wave is indeed on the short list to go soon.

"The general tone around the park was" that 99.9% of the people working at the park have no clue what the park is adding for next year and the ones who do aren't blabbermouths.

That was pretty funny though, but was it worth creating an account for? That's the question...

If we where getting a coaster wouldn't there already be noticeable evidence? Survey markers of some sort? I find it hard to imagine. I'm thinking a slide or a looper this year.

There was a survery posted, but I dont think was specifically for SFSL, but it was for a coaster.

Survey as in land surveying, not an online questionnaire to gain the public's opinion.

Survey as in land surveying, not an online questionnaire to gain the public's opinion.

but what questions are you going to ask the land?

but what questions are you going to ask the land?

LOL! I approve of this.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1595712#p1595712

However, when I clicked the actual link, its a different one.

Went to the park a couple days ago. It was fun, but was raining the entire time. My friend also lost his phone so we spent the last hour looking for it. I finally rode JLBM, and it was great! I wouldn't say it is up there with Disney or Universal, but for Six Flags it is fantastic!

Called SFStl today and they mentioned discount on Coke cans of $8 per ticket. Anything better other than a potential Club TPR discount (don't visit enough parks annually to be worthwhile for me, although appears to be a great program). Going less than 2 weeks!

Called SFStl today and they mentioned discount on Coke cans of $8 per ticket. Anything better other than a potential Club TPR discount (don't visit enough parks annually to be worthwhile for me, although appears to be a great program). Going less than 2 weeks!

If you go with, or know four people that want to go, the "four or more gold pass" is actually a pretty good deal. Comes out to $88 per person.

Spent a couple hours Thursday night in the park. Even with every coaster being a walk on, JLBM still had a 75min line. They also closed the queue before the park closed. Just keep that in mind, as I had never seen that before but it makes sense. There was still a decent line right before close.

Also got a couple pics from my favorite vantage point as well as a pic of the newer mural that was added to the photo counter by the exit.

image.thumb.jpg.6ed439970401d518e90b891c5b51a5d6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.006917fa5afd1f13eb2808f65b2e87cf.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.974ab28065c58923103ef1830c95d757.jpg

Was at the Park on Sunday for the Discover Exclusive Ride Time event. Finally got to check out JLBFM during the day. I noticed the fire effect was not working on either of my two trips through. HWFAN, can you provide any info on what's going on with that?

Was at the Park on Sunday for the Discover Exclusive Ride Time event. Finally got to check out JLBFM during the day. I noticed the fire effect was not working on either of my two trips through. HWFAN, can you provide any info on what's going on with that?

Not sure. It has worked on some of my rides and then not on others. I think it is one of the two or three effects that is being worked on.

Not sure. It has worked on some of my rides and then not on others. I think it is one of the two or three effects that is being worked on.

Thanks for the response! I hope they get it figured out. That's one of the neater elements to this ride.

Today wasn't a very good day to be at the park I'd say

I went with some of my family for the Bring a Friend Free promotion for being Season Passholders, and the park was jam-packed with people. Maybe not as bad as it has been in the past, but I waited in line for Battle for Metropolis for 75 minutes, 3 minutes after the park opened.

But, I have to say, my first real life impressions for that ride werent very good for someone who was as excited to get on as I was

Heres what happened in full length, the whole story

So we waited around an hour until I got inside Cyborg's Lab, and I noticed his eyes and helmet lights weren't working at all, and some of his audio was flickering a bit at times. Nothing bad, I was just excited to get on the ride for my first time. Right as soon as I get in however, they announce on the speakers that they're experiencing technical difficulties, as our A.R.G.U.S. RTV (real name of the vehicles, constructed by A.R.G.U.S., a DC Comics government agency that is co-run by Amanda Waller, a character who will be in next August's Suicide Squad movie) had frozen in place on the track. They asked if we wanted to sit until maintenance fixed the problem, and before they even came it started going.

So we're inside, we get to the first scene, and we see that the screen is dramatically more dimmed than I had ever seen it, making it hard to see, unless this is how the actual screens are, but judging by all the videos I had seen, I doubted it.

After that, Joker didn't even say 'Follow me Justice League team members, if you can keep up!' it just rolled up straight to him, and after he said his line, the laighing gas came out, and the fire effect burst out as well (yes, it worked)

Inside LexCorp, the fog screen LexBots didn't work either, and the barrels fell behind us

When we got to the part with Flash spinning around, the screen actually froze and made a beeping sound and started playing again behind us as we left the scene

The part that didn't even work almost 50% was the final scene, our RTV didn't move at all, like AT ALL, and we were shooting and shooting but nothing was registering

HEY BUT AT LEAST THE SCORE SCREEN WORKED AM I RIGHT

Overall, this was extremely dissapointing for everyone, and I think Six Flags is ruining their reputation by letting a seeming world-class ride falter so much, and it's only been a little over a month since it's opened. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen happen in years, and I've been going to the park over and over since June of 2008, and I've seen it grow, but there's no excuse for having almost none of the effects work inside the ride, as well as all of the screens noticably extremely dimmed down.

Get it together, Six Flags St Louis.

I know I sound like a savage madman over here but like it was almost a waste to wait so long for a barely functioning dark ride that's construction I've watched daily since it's announcement. I'll be back in August, and I really hope that I can ride it again and have it be completely different as what it was before. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing. It's already got a bad reputation as it is overhearing park guests saying it's a mixed bag every time you ride and all that

Look, I hate to rant about this because my home park will hold a special place in my heart as long as I live but right now I'm one seriously dissapointed customer

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it was a bad day for the ride or something but still, if it's that badly glitches up, it shouldn't be operating that day.