TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

This park has the best wooden roller coaster lineup ever! The Boss is insane, Screamin' Eagle has tons of floater, and American Thunder is a great GCI. Put that with a classic B&M invert, a launcher, and a great arrow looper , you have a great small park. I didn't get to ride everything, so we are looking to go back later on the trip.

I agree with 4 of the 6 mentioned above.

Edited by SteveStL

and a great arrow looper

Try an Arrow/Vekoma frankenstein looper, ranked 5th worst coaster in the world. Its sentimental to me being my first looper and I still want it torn down.

My thoughts exactly. It was my second looper, as my first trip to SFSTL was the year Batman opened, and we rode that one first and Ninja immediately after. Ninja was pretty terrible then, even being only 6 years old, and it's just gotten worse as it's aged. The last couple of years I haven't bothered at all. There are enough good coasters in the park that there's really no need to have such a bad one at all.

Anybody think the park will do anything for Eagle's 40th next year?

Maybe repaint some of the track to make the colors pop more or the eagle logo on the floor at the entry to the queue. Possibly clean the roofs that has all that gum on them? The Gum thing especially, its just plain gross.

I went to the park today, made it past security and that was it. The line just to get into to the park was about 6 rows deep next to where the 6 flags are. In all of my years going to the park I have never seen a line like that just to get into the park. So we left since we are season pass holders.

Part for Superman to fix/reopen the ride is onsite. Screamin' Eagle has actually had some morning downtime due to the safe installation of the part. Also, Justice League had a pretty solid day. There was a good amount of 3-6min downtime periods every once in a while, but that really wasn't bad.

At 12:30, Six Flags and 92.3 WIL hosted a ceremony to honor Operation Homefront. Besides a $5,000 check and additional ticket sales related donations, three great family's who have been helped by the organization (veterans who needed some help after returning) were treated to complimentary, day-long, VIP tours (in addition to Gold Season Passes, sports bottles, and some other goodies).

It was a busy day, but it was a fun day!

It was a busy day, but it was a fun day!

My family and I went out there Friday and it seemed like a large number of rides were either not operating or operating at less than full capacity (which seems like it would cause longer lines at rides that were open.

Thunder River and Excalubur were both closed in addition to Superman (glad to hear that may finally open).

The log flume only had one side open and had a fairly long wait as a result. I don't understand why they don't operate both sides on a busy holiday weekend? We also noticed a large amount of trash inside the grassy area of the ride.

The fireworks were great and one of the operators at Pandemonium will be getting a special mention in my survey for going out of the way to help us.

^ When I was there on Monday it looked like it still had the lights for the jack 'o lantern up. Of course it wasn't lit, but just an observation I made.

Actually both the regular white lights and Fright Fest orange lights stay on Colossus all year long. That is one of the nice parts of having the new, longer lasting LED lights. Without it, it would be a LOT harder to do the lights in terms of taking them down and putting them up each year.

I had noticed the clock program hasn't been on for a while now. (During the 55 hour weeks, it seemed like the giant clock was almost mocking me as I left each night, counting down my hours of sleep.) I will go ahead and look into it tomorrow and report back.

Did you find anything out on this?

guess no one at the park is willing to answer you on this??

Planning to be at the park on Wednesday, 7/23. Do you think I'll have issues getting on everything I want to ride assuming no flash pass and there for ~9 hours?

Based on looking at the website, am thinking:

Definitely Want to Ride/do:

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Mr. Freeze (Reverse Blast)

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Batman the Ride (we have one at Great Adventure)

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

Skyscreamer (have one at Great Adventure)

The Joker

Planning to be at the park on Wednesday, 7/23. Do you think I'll have issues getting on everything I want to ride assuming no flash pass and there for ~9 hours?

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

The Joker

I would flip Boomerang and American Thunder on your lists

Boomerang sucks, and Evil Knievel is absolutely loaded with airtime; it's a Thunderbird clone. Highland Fling is an Enterprise with a 1-2 cycle wait (sometimes a walk on if you catch it during loading) and SFGAd has lost both of theirs over the years.

Besides, you don't have a GCI at SFGAd.

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

The Joker

Please do not pass on American Thunder, it's probably pound for pound our best ride.

I'd say with 9 hours you should be fine, only thing standing in your way will be breakdowns. Justice League has had its trouble, Mr. Freeze can have its down days, and Superman is out of commission at the moment.

Also, your health, I'd you plan to ride boomerang, boss, and Ninja in the same day.

Vsited yesterday and had a absolute blast! We did hurricane harbor from open until about 3:30 and then the dry park until 7. Dunno if it was down from Friday, if my wife and I just had a good plan, or if operations kicked ass, but everything was a walk on other than Justice League. Fantastic day to visit.

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

The Joker

Superman and Xcalbur have been down for maintenance quite a bit lately. Also, eating in 15 minutes is extremely unlikely; I'd allot at least 30 if you eat at an off-peak time. For the dining pass, Lunch ends at 3:30 and dinner doesn't begin until 4:30, so in my experience that hour is the shortest food lines of the day.

I will also echo that American Thunder is on your definitely want to do list. The only list Ninja and Boomerang should be on is a list of concussions you wish to have. Skip those two and ride American Thunder instead.

...Evil Knievel is absolutely loaded with airtime; it's a Thunderbird clone....

Just to clarify, Thunderbird at PowerPark. It is not, sadly(?), a launched wing coaster.

EDIT: Btw everyone, after checking out the HW forum, it seems that any complaints people have with the park (especially with over crowding) are being called "growing pains". Please use the same euphemism if you have any concerns regarding SFSL. Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by HWFan

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

The Joker

No flash passes need unless you want multiple ride on JLBFM. It seems to be having hour long waits when its open.

You should be able to do everything and plenty of re- rides.

Boomerang

Boss

Eat twice for ~15 mins

Ninja

Screamin' Eagle

Superman Tower of Power

Tidal Wave

Xcalibur

Probably Want to Ride:

American Thunder

Colossus

Highland Fling

Log Flume

River King Mine Train

Rush Street Flyer

The Joker

No flash passes need unless you want multiple ride on JLBFM. It seems to be having hour long waits when its open.

You should be able to do everything and plenty of re- rides.

This. When I went almost two weeks ago, the waits were at the most, 20 minutes. If the Justice League ride works when you go, that'll be the longest wait.