TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Been at the park all day and they've had trouble with JLBFM all day

I took my Nephew out there Friday. We were first in line at JLBFM at 10:30 only to be told it would open "later". I think it finally opened around 12:30. We waited about 30 minutes for it (loading is still a big issue). In the first scene our guns weren't working as they only had the red dots like the old Scooby ride. They eventually began working, though.

I sure wish they would fix this and have it actually open when the park does.

Yeah, when I went, I wasnt surprised that it wasnt working, but I wasnt upset, as I have a season pass. However, I would have preferred them to delay it opening until it was completely bug free.

Currently leaving the park after a short 2 and a half hour visit to the park. We got dinner at the Sports Bar, rode JLBFM and American Thunder, then decided to head.

Justice League was fun. The queue is very well themed, has nice AC, and the videos help pass the time. The ride itself was pretty cool. The ending scenes were fantastic. However, there were some parts that just had me shaking my head. The scene with the AA Joker was almost a waste. I mean, we stare at him for a few seconds, and then after he actually starts talking, we almost turn away from him immediately. The fire effect wasn't working, either. The car "jump scare" was also pointless, as the ride vehicle wasn't even facing it. The screen sections were all excellent, though, especially the ending, as I said earlier.

Looking at the SFOT POV, their layout looks a lot smoother than ours. Sure, ours is longer, but that means our version has a lot of parts that are simply transitions. Theirs is one scene/effect after another, without any real pauses. The car scene in theirs actually has the ride vehicle facing the car.

At the end of the day though, JLBFM is a great replacement for Scooby-Doo, and is far better. No, I don't think it was better than Spider-Man, but that's a hard ride to beat. One other nitpick: we waited about an hour and half with one 5 minute breakdown. They were sending out cars with 1 or 2 people in each row, which aggravated me. The ride needs a single rider line. The 3 across seating was a terrible idea.

My review may come off as all negative, but it was a great ride, so don't take it that way. There are just some parts that could have been made better, and I don't know why they weren't.

In other news, American Thunder was running incredibly, as it always does.

Just found this video of Scooby Doo:

Sure it might not been an amazing darkride, but it was great for kids and when you really study it it was really complex with all the animations and stuff. Not saying that Justice League is a terrible replacement, both hold their own and I will miss it.

Sure it might not been an amazing darkride, but it was great for kids and when you really study it it was really complex with all the animations and stuff. Not saying that Justice League is a terrible replacement, both hold their own and I will miss it.

One of the first things my dad said after getting off JLBFM was "It was a great ride, but it would've been cool if they could've kept Scooby as well." I have to agree.

Also,it would be nice if the dining pass let you save your snack until the end of the night. It would've been nice to get a cone on our way out of the park, but you can't get your snack after 7:30.

A few things that I wish they would fix with the dining pass

1) Allow the dining pass to be used at all Six Flags Parks. Cedar Fair has a ding pass that can be used at any Cedar Fair park.

2) The snack on the dining pass should be allowed until closing time of the park. I've only used my snack probably 4 times this year and I've been to the park at least 8 times this year.

Thunderbird... yep, world class. Voyage... yep, world class if you enjoy huge woodies that shake you to pieces (which I do). But it's not everybody's cup of tea. And other that that, not real sure what world class attractions you're talking about. My last visit to HW two years ago, other than Voyage (and Legend and Raven, which are good, but hardly world class) my impression was that the rides were, for the most part, similar to what you'd see at a large traveling fair. Now the water park, THAT was world class and well worth the drive all by itself.

It's almost like you were arguing for the sake of being argumentative. You don't view Raven (golden ticket winner and praised throughout the enthusiast community) and Legend as being World Class. Holiday World = Large county fair.

Noted. Thanks.

Nope, just responding to your rather overwrought description of all those people at HW boarding all those "world class attractions"... all two of them. Yes, I just don't see Raven and Legend as "World Class". Good, yes, even excellent, but not world class -- to me, reaching that level requires a lot more than those rides have to offer. Raven was indeed voted a Golden Ticket winner... 12 years ago. This year, it doesn't rank in the top 10. Legend doesn't either. Better things (including Voyage) have since come along. Which is not to say Legend and Raven aren't really good rides -- they are --, but even if I give you those two, well, then we have four world-class attractions, three of which are wooden roller coasters. I love wooden roller coasters, as do many, but they're not everyone's cup of tea, and HW really has little else unique to offer besides Thunderbird. I stand by my statement that the other rides at HW are basically large country fair rides, because, well, they are. They're the same level of rides as at the Missouri State Fair which I attend every year. I've been to HW twice and enjoyed it -- and the water park blows away Hurricane Harbor -- but really, overall I'll take SFStL any day. Just compare JLBFM to that low budget turkey shoot ride at HW. World class? C'mon.

My kids are 6 & 9 and love JLBFM!

1) Allow the dining pass to be used at all Six Flags Parks. Cedar Fair has a ding pass that can be used at any Cedar Fair park.

2) The snack on the dining pass should be allowed until closing time of the park. I've only used my snack probably 4 times this year and I've been to the park at least 8 times this year.

The snack was added to the dining pass thanks to Guests' suggestions, as was the unlimited refill sports bottle. I think I've said it before, but even Dave reads every single compliment, concern, and suggestion.

World class? C'mon.

FYI, this argument was taken to the HW thread, where it should be.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was never an argument, though... Just someone getting really butt hurt over me complimenting another park, for no reason.

I thought I made it pretty clear I didn't really care what he thought during my initial response, but I guess it takes more to get through to some people. So... Due to not wanting to nerd argue, I'll just agree with him and say that SFSTL is the best park in the Universe and Holiday World is a pile of garbage which is no better than a traveling fair.

There. You win, Mike.

Thanks for the heads up Harleyguy. I wasn't paying attention enough to notice there was a time limit on the snack. And I agree, time limit on the snack makes no sense. At WDW you can use your snacks anytime.

Mike

I cant get over the lack of a single rider lane on JLBFM. Even SFOT (worst SF operations) has one. This is just plain stupid, sorry Dave.

Totally agree! If you are only going to seat 3-wide then you almost HAVE to incorporate a single rider line. It appears they have a separate line all set up for it, too. The Flashpass (when offered) could enter through the exit like the other attractions.

Just to reiterate, it's ok to post online about it to discus and/or give heads up to others. However, if you really want to make a difference, make sure that you also leave a complaint/suggestion with Guest Relations.

Just to reiterate, it's ok to post online about it to discus and/or give heads up to others. However, if you really want to make a difference, make sure that you also leave a complaint/suggestion with Guest Relations.

I'll fill one out on Friday!

Already did early this month. They digressed right around the single rider question. I haven't been able to get a direct answer.

I cant get over the lack of a single rider lane on JLBFM. Even SFOT (worst SF operations) has one. This is just plain stupid, sorry Dave.

I agree. The single rider line on JLBFM here at SFOT usally allows me to get on the ride within minutes.

Already did early this month. They digressed right around the single rider question. I haven't been able to get a direct answer.

Instead of trying to get an answer out of the employees who don't have one, just leave a written complaint. If you phrase it like a question, they will try to answer you to best they can. If you leave a complaint, it gets put straight into the system for the right people to see it.

At the park now, have been told Justice League is closed for the day. Fair or not, this ride officially has a bad reputation.

Was at the park today as we'll for the first time with my cousins and this was also the case.

This park has the best wooden roller coaster lineup ever! The Boss is insane, Screamin' Eagle has tons of floater, and American Thunder is a great GCI. Put that with a classic B&M invert, a launcher, and a great arrow looper , you have a great small park. I didn't get to ride everything, so we are looking to go back later on the trip.

BTW, is Superman SBNO? My cousins said it doesn't operate regularly like the other rides at the park do. Don't know weather to believe them or not (they live five minutes away, so they go quite a bit), so I want to hear from others what they say.