TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Take this survey to reveal, at-the-moment, our current consideration for next year. I have no clue where it'll be.

https://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/startsurvey.aspx?s=GADNAME&e=&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

Repeat for other parks. It works everywhere, but I'd take it that the ride is being considered for mass cloning. All the other surveys (even SFFT and SFMM *wtf*) are considering 4D Free Spins, so we should see a few pop up in 2016.

Is the Survey the same for ALL Parks? Does it give you a different ride option based on gender/age/if you have a pass?

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet this time:

1. The vast majority of Guests are absolutely loving the ride. Talking to dozens and dozens of Guests, I have not heard a single complaint of any kind. Even better, everyone says that the ride was more than worth every second of the wait (which was 3 hours for one family during previews).

2. Dust in the queue, unfinished looking exit areas, etc may not be perfect. With Obama still being President, isn't Change to be expected? In terms of the ride itself, the main issue is a single vehicle. It isn't due to any SF attention to detail or lack thereof. Oceaneering is working around the clock and had similar issues with Transformers initially. We just gotta let that car get through its rebellious teenager phase and its #OccupyRideTrack protest.

Myself having been to Disney and Universal Studios, I did really enjoy our new ride JL:BFM though I thought there was a few spots that could have had a bit more happening. Example: when we enter into LL HQ. But I'm one of those people who is always appreciative of having an amusement park just 30 minutes away.

But over all, this ride is defiantly a TOP attraction. I went on Gold Pass day and this past Sunday. The queue line stayed crazy long the enter day! And we have to realize, most St. Louisians and Mid-westerners have never experienced a Disney/US type ride so the JL is totally AWESOME to them! My baby sister being one who just doesn't travel thought the ride was the GREATEST invention...LOL

The ride is most def a great addition to our park! My boys love it. We rode it 7 times already....many times getting off just to get right back on.

Take this survey to reveal, at-the-moment, our current consideration for next year. I have no clue where it'll be.

url removed

Repeat for other parks. It works everywhere, but I'd take it that the ride is being considered for mass cloning. All the other surveys (even SFFT and SFMM *wtf*) are considering 4D Free Spins, so we should see a few pop up in 2016.

Kudos to NickLikesCoasters over at the removed.

Select RPM as your favorite name for my selfish reasons!

You need to realize that just because a ride appears in that survey does not mean that it is the park's "current consideration for next year." I remember that even for the past few years, it has been shown that Six Flags will send similar surveys to people at multiple parks, even though that may not be what is being considered for that park. Also, going back through the survey trying it with multiple parks is kind of a "jerk" move (trying to censor myself). All you are doing to messing up the data for your own selfish info hunting.

No. No "kudos NickLikesCoasters" on the other thread. Yea, it's not legally binding or anything (although there could technically be consequences I guess depending on the situation), but when you click the button saying that you won't post the information from the survey online, you're giving your word. Rather than just stopping at posting the information online, NickLikesCoasters, and you in reposting, have given the biggest middle finger to Six Flags by posting the link for other people to take part.

If you were the person in charge of gathering this data for Six Flags, you would be really disappointed at what could easily be hundreds and hundreds of extra "TPR forum viewer" responses. People work hard to get good data, and your post 1) spreads/encourages false information in the form of new "rumors" and 2) takes a fun topic & hijacks it for selfish reasons in a way that can really screw up important data that someone works hard to collect. Seriously. How can nobody see what's wrong with this?

I wanted to post the survey for other TPR members to take it and input their word. I tried the other surveys, and its all the same. It very well wouldn't be a secret as it was a publicly available survey. NONE of my surveys, other than SFSTL, were completed and submitted. They dont go through unless the entire process is finished.

Also, its fishy that SFFT's survey also included the tide they got last year. The survey honestly is no definitive lead, as i have discovered.

I agree about the audio. We have the same problem here at SFOT. I can't hear a word Batman is saying during the pre-ride show.

Hopefully they can fix this.

You know, while the inability to hear the dialog in JLBFM is a real problem, there's just something really cool about the sentence "I can't hear a word Batman is saying."

It would be just like the movies and that terrible voice Christian Bale uses...

https://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/startsurvey.aspx?s=GADNAME&e=&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

Kudos to NickLikesCoasters over at the SFGADv Discussion Thread.

Select RPM as your favorite name for my selfish reasons!

Just took it and Im generally very interested in having it. Ive done probably three surveys, one being a dark ride, thrill ride, and something, I think with the way season passes are handled. So far two of them have happened.

Finally a nice warm weekend to visit Hurricane Harbor for the 1st time this year. I noticed a few changes in the water park..

Flash Pass for Hurricane Harbor has been removed. ( Honestly I've only seen a handful of people use over the last few years).The former Flash Pass building in Hurricane Harbor is now a Twist'n Twirl Lemonade stand.

A new sno cone stand has been added to Hurricane Harbor.

Cold Stone Limited now has an sports bottle refill station. Whomever came up with this idea should get a raise!

I wish they would add the Six Flags Go Fresh Cafe inside Hurricane Harbor.

20150606_154126.thumb.jpg.9abd6d32a3669978badc3b6a3816d028.jpg

20150606_153626.thumb.jpg.3d404cd1157db9802092be3f89f2ab18.jpg

20150606_153810.thumb.jpg.5b48c5caa8b10d84d5d3ef4fb4b5bde3.jpg

20150606_154027.thumb.jpg.cff2d58b181f68f36e16d59fcd5b2fe1.jpg

^ A LIM slide would be great for SFStL. There are currently none in Missouri at all. I would also welcome something like HW's Hyena Falls complex. Right now SFStL has just the one tube slide complex, so adding a second with some different/more modern elements would help. There's plenty of space for whatever they want.

I’m planning a road trip that includes the following stops:

Six Flags Over Texas Sunday and Monday, June 14 and 15, 2015;

Six Flags St. Louis Thursday, June 18, 2015;

Silver Dollar City Friday, June 19, 2015.

My main interest is in the coasters. If anyone would like to meet up for some rides, please let me know. Thanks.

Robert Downie

RobertDownie10@gmail.com

I am not pro-Steel-Screamin'-Eagle! Its one of my favorite woodies (always a must-ride while i am there) and one the best running classics still standing. I go as far as saying it is the best classic in the chain in the shape it's in.

Now that that is out of the way, i would like to show you this video on YouTube:

0Myb9Co3RMw

Not my video.

This is a very well done concept. The transfer trick track is very cool and totally possible. I really like the bottom of the "L", immediately after the third inversion. On the return, a "buckhill" is included, which is a bückle that is more linear.

John Allen may possibly be insulted, and I would be too if this was my masterpiece / last creation. I couldn't see Dave Roemer consenting to this either unless cooperate puts a gun to his head, but I shouldn't judge. If it turns out anything like this, I *may* get over the treatment after a couple of years.

Edited by RollerManic

There are some rides that need the change and there are some that just don't. The Screaming Eagle just doesn't need the change, regardless of how good the concepts look. Screaming Eagle seems much more well received than the Boss and it has a good nostalgic following even from non coaster nerds. Why waste the transition on Screaming Eagle when you can polish a turd like the Boss into a golden nugget?

I totally agree on not touching the Eagle; i just wanted to pitch that video out here.

Lately, i haven't been excited much about the idea of an Iron Boss. The first half is just overbanks and banked curves, noting we haven't seen on a couple of RMCs already. If it was just smoother (for many more years), I would be pretty satisfied.

But anybody for a jojo roll where the prelift s-bend is?

There are some rides that need the change and there are some that just don't. The Screaming Eagle just doesn't need the change, regardless of how good the concepts look. Screaming Eagle seems much more well received than the Boss and it has a good nostalgic following even from non coaster nerds. Why waste the transition on Screaming Eagle when you can polish a turd like the Boss into a golden nugget?

Couldn't have said it better myself! The Coasters that are getting converted are pieces of crap. Eagle is a stellar ride!

Can anyone tell me what their fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy is these days? I know that SFMM allows bags to be left at boarding while you ride but not sure what SFStL's policy is... do they still make you pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo? Thanks!

They still have people at the entrances of the big rides who tell people to get lockers if they are carrying bags.

As far as the video is concerned, keep in mind that it was made by a fan who has no real idea about what RMC's philosophy is or how they work with their customers. He does pull in a few likely tropes that RMC would theoretically include in an I-box conversion, but RMC would of course have a much more polished flow through the ride. I think this particular youtuber puts way too many inversions in his creations, for one thing.

Like I said earlier though, why not push the idea of simply adding topper track? If we want Eagle to stick around, we need to put that bug in someone's ear. It's not an entirely simple conversion, but it's got to be cheaper than the Ibox track.

inb4 "outlaw run needs rmc omggg"

I feel like the Steel Eagle video has a few too many random inversions and it just seems clunky compared to real RMCs even being a simulation. I have friends in St. Louis who have said that Eagle is one of the less uncomfortable woodies they've been on, but they aren't exactly enthusiasts either and I'm not sure what woodies they're comparing it to.