TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm considering visiting SF St. Louis for the first time in over 20 years this summer. Is the water park included with general admission like in Chicago or DC, or is it separate ala New Jersey, Magic Mountain or Dallas? Thanks.

It is included with your admission. It is not an extra charge. Also Six Flags Great America;s Hurricane Harbor is an extra charge, unless you have a season pass.

I'm considering visiting SF St. Louis for the first time in over 20 years this summer. Is the water park included with general admission like in Chicago or DC, or is it separate ala New Jersey, Magic Mountain or Dallas? Thanks.

Just to be clear, at Chicago (Great America), the waterpark is NOT included with general admission but is a $5 upcharge. At St. Louis it's included.

Just to be clear, at Chicago (Great America), the waterpark is NOT included with general admission but is a $5 upcharge. At St. Louis it's included.

It's $7 this year

It is included with your admission. It is not an extra charge. Also Six Flags Great America;s Hurricane Harbor is an extra charge, unless you have a season pass.

Thanks. Yes, I do have a SF season pass and did the last time I went to Great America in Gurnee, but don't recall whether I had to show it to access the water park there. As far as I remember, there was no extra upcharge in 2011, the most recent time I visited.

...To HWFan, Dave Roemer, and everyone at Six Flags, allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for ever having doubted you. With the actual video, this DOES look fully the equal of anything at Universal. I'm amazed...

Sorry, just saw this. I'm glad that the day has finally come where people can see what I've been talking about. I also think that when people talk about the larger scale of Transformers/Spiderman, this ride will make up for it in the interactive aspect.

Also, it was kinda hard to see in the POV, but one of the "surprises" was the fog screen that is the first of its kinda as it is also interactive. I have no idea how they did it, but it's an amazing result!

That is pretty incredible attraction for a Six Flags park! Thanks for the photos and videos. Good to see they have found a way to bring a very high quality attraction to the park. I hope they continue to expand on their relationship with Sally Corp. and see many more future installations.

Media day is next Thursday May 28. With that information it's safe to assume it opens next Friday May 29.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! If that's correct I will be riding it on opening day!

But are they going to do a Gold Pass Holder's only day on Thursday May 28th like they are doing for SFoT?

But are they going to do a Gold Pass Holder's only day on Thursday May 28th like they are doing for SFoT?

That's what I'd like to know so I can schedule the day off of work! I was hoping maybe HWFAN had some insight he could share.

On the subject of rides a little less thrilling than JLBFM, what is going on with Bugs Bunny Ranger Pilots and the Marvin the Martian ride? My 6 y/o wants to know why they are closed.

That's what I'd like to know so I can schedule the day off of work! I was hoping maybe HWFAN had some insight he could share.

Sorry, I don't know of anything yet. I think they are going to wait a bit before announcing anything for sure. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

On the subject of rides a little less thrilling than JLBFM, what is going on with Bugs Bunny Ranger Pilots and the Marvin the Martian ride? My 6 y/o wants to know why they are closed.

I was told that Marvin the Martian has been waiting on a part from Zamperla, leading to the ride being closed all season so far. Ranger Pilots & Tugboat Tailspin had been open all year until yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. I called operations yesterday after seeing your post, but all I could find out was that it was an unexpected mechanical issue. I'm not sure if the Tugboat is the same thing though. Both are closed again today. Maybe TNT might have some more information? If not, I'll dig some more when I'm back tomorrow.

I'm so happy to see that they didn't keep the sides the way they were. Did they do painting on the back too by any chance? Kinda where American Thunder is

All in good time. Painting all around the park is still full steam ahead.

The ride is scheduled to open on May 29 (with media day on the 28th), it's not a final confirmed date yet, the 29th is also Children's Hospital night which is a very important event for the park, so the goal is next Friday.

I have no new info on Marvin, the Mechanics will get the ride open as soon as they get the parts. I don't know specifics on Ranger Pilots (rides in Bugs Bunny National Park aren't in my area and having a full time job elsewhere makes it hard to keep up with things at the park) but it should reopen ASAP. Same thing applies to Tugboat Tailspin and Superman.

While we're asking, what about Highland Fling? Same story? I was there the day it was supposed to reopen but I don't think it ever did that day and it was still closed today.

Something that I noticed while watching and comparing the SFOT version of JL:BFM to the SFSTL version via last month's construction tour, it seems to be right in the fact that there is more detail and more space in our version. When you're going into LexCorp in the SFOT version, you go in, you see Lex's hologram, there's a fog screen straight ahead, and then falling barrels, but in the SFSTL version, you actually go into LexCorp, there's a large computer with multiple different screens on it (only for theming and not to shoot at unless shooting at them can give you points like the multiple easter eggs in SFOT's version) and then after that there's a long stretch of track before you even make it to the barrels at all. So much extra space probably adds some narrative strength which'll probably make St Louis' version the better one honestly. Even at the large curved screen at the end scene with the chase on the streets, there seems to be more space in that area which will most likely add to the realism and also the immersion too

Plus, our Hall of Justice looks far better I also think that the Superheroes V Villains gift shop after the exit will be better than the one at Six Flags Over Texas considering that there's a concrete path that attaches it to both Shazam and JL:BFM, and all being in the DC Comics Plaza area too makes it that much cooler that this ride will be the center piece of my favorite area of the park

Battle for Metropolis is such an amazing ride at SFOT and I can't wait until we get an even better version here!

Something that I noticed while watching and comparing the SFOT version of JL:BFM to the SFSTL version via last month's construction tour, [snip] in the SFSTL version, you actually go into LexCorp, there's a large computer with multiple different screens on it (only for theming and not to shoot at unless shooting at them can give you points like the multiple easter eggs in SFOT's version) and then after that there's a long stretch of track before you even make it to the barrels at all.[snip]

Is there anything to see on that long stretch of extra track?

Something that I noticed while watching and comparing the SFOT version of JL:BFM to the SFSTL version via last month's construction tour, [snip] in the SFSTL version, you actually go into LexCorp, there's a large computer with multiple different screens on it (only for theming and not to shoot at unless shooting at them can give you points like the multiple easter eggs in SFOT's version) and then after that there's a long stretch of track before you even make it to the barrels at all.[snip]

WDW and DL both have their own version of the Haunted Mansion ride. The one at WDW is longer and has a far better facade than the one at DL.

However, having ridden both on numerous occasions, I can say that I prefer the one at DL to the one at WDW. Why? Although the WDW version is

longer and has additional scenes (haunted library), the pacing and overall impact of the DL version is better. The extra scenes in the WDW version add

little to the ride experience itself. Indeed, the extra length only serves to make the WDW version seem overdone and more drawn out than the superbly

crafted original DL version.

Whether or not one version of JLBFM will be better than the other depends greatly on each rider's perspective. Some will, no doubt, prefer

the SFSTL version. Others might prefer the SFOT version. That being said, I think any differences in the actual ride experience for each park

will be negligible. The facades not withstanding, I don't think it will be possible to say that one version is clearly better than the other.

WDW and DL both have their own version of the Haunted Mansion ride. The one at WDW is longer and has a far better facade than the one at DL.

However, having ridden both on numerous occasions, I can say that I prefer the one at DL to the one at WDW. Why? Although the WDW version is

longer and has additional scenes (haunted library), the pacing and overall impact of the DL version is better. The extra scenes in the WDW version add

little to the ride experience itself. Indeed, the extra length only serves to make the WDW version seem overdone and more drawn out than the superbly

crafted original DL version.

Whether or not one version of JLBFM will be better than the other depends greatly on each rider's perspective. Some will, no doubt, prefer

the SFSTL version. Others might prefer the SFOT version. That being said, I think any differences in the actual ride experience for each park

will be negligible. The facades not withstanding, I don't think it will be possible to say that one version is clearly better than the other.

What are you talking about? The haunted library MAKES that ride.