TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Can someone pass along information about how the VIP Early Entry works for Gold Pass Holders? I see it on the website as a benefit but it doesn't say when it applies or how to use it.

I believe you can enter the park up to 30 minutes early. Most of the rides won't be open yet, but you can be the first in line for your favorite ride in the morning. It really comes in handy when you want that primo spot at Hurricane Harbor. You won't have to fight too many people for the chair you want to camp out in.

Geez JetScream was a great coaster. Rode it plenty of times when it was Viper at SFAW. this is one of those coasters I wish was still at SFSTL. This was also my first looping coaster so there's that sentimental value as well.

I'm really hoping SFSTL gets some type of new coaster soon. (And not that darn Super Loop).

I belive Dave Roemer at some point expressed disinterest regarding Larson Loop flat rides and said he didn't want to see one be put in, don't quote me on that though. Im sure we all would rather have like something other than that. Plus im sure the park has heard our 'signature steel coaster plz' requests for a while and probably have that somewhere on their list of additions to consider. People always say it's tedious as crap to put 'new steel coaster' and 'six flags st louis' in the same sentence but my gut says it'll happen in the next 5 years or so if not 2016. We'll just keep hoping! I always thought a Green Lantern themed B&M Hyper would be a dream. People have mentioned also an S&S 4D coaster and honestly that wouldn't bother me too much. Take out Ninja, you've got a perfect plot of land there.

Geez JetScream was a great coaster. Rode it plenty of times when it was Viper at SFAW. this is one of those coasters I wish was still at SFSTL. This was also my first looping coaster so there's that sentimental value as well.

I'm really hoping SFSTL gets some type of new coaster soon. (And not that darn Super Loop).

I belive Dave Roemer at some point expressed disinterest regarding Larson Loop flat rides and said he didn't want to see one be put in, don't quote me on that though. Im sure we all would rather have like something other than that. Plus im sure the park has heard our 'signature steel coaster plz' requests for a while and probably have that somewhere on their list of additions to consider. People always say it's tedious as crap to put 'new steel coaster' and 'six flags st louis' in the same sentence but my gut says it'll happen in the next 5 years or so if not 2016. We'll just keep hoping! I always thought a Green Lantern themed B&M Hyper would be a dream. People have mentioned also an S&S 4D coaster and honestly that wouldn't bother me too much. Take out Ninja, you've got a perfect plot of land there.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this kind of post on this thread...

I like all of the throw back pictures and stories. Keep them coming.

Not sure this is what you had in mind....but iirc you are a lawman,

Back late 70s Bi-State ran busses from the city out to the park so one summer a friend and I headed out together. We were maybe 12 and a bit devious. One of us got the bright idea to get cups of ice and take to the skyway and attempt some bombing runs on the GP below. We flew a couple of unsuccessful missions and then when we got to the end one time we were pulled aside and had a chat with a couple of officers. They chewed our asses up and down for a few minutes and then let us go and said they would be watching us but to go have some fun.

They probably should have made our parents come pick us up. I have a 12 year old now and if he ever tried anything like that there would be holy hell to pay.

It was a relatively slow day so after that we kept getting on Toms Twister and sticking one leg up as it started to spin, once the force was strong enough we would scoot around until we were upside down. I can believe the ride ops let us do it. Different times I guess.

Haha, nice. My friends and I got an earful from some ride ops once for spitting on all of the props at Castaway Kids. Since none of us were really trouble makers were scared shitless that we were going to get kicked out. Needless to say we were banned from Castaway for the remainder of our visit.

I am so glad someone finally called you out on your un-necessary posting, it really gets on my nerves too! Feel free to particpate when you have something to add to the discussion, constant posts of I'm so excited" and "I can t wait" do nothing to add to the conversation. This bumps a post to the top and I'm expecting some new information and just get your silly comments.

Hah! You basically just summed up the Holiday World thread! That mixed with constant Paula leg humping.

Edited by prozach626

Can someone pass along information about how the VIP Early Entry works for Gold Pass Holders? I see it on the website as a benefit but it doesn't say when it applies or how to use it.

I believe you can enter the park up to 30 minutes early. Most of the rides won't be open yet, but you can be the first in line for your favorite ride in the morning. It really comes in handy when you want that primo spot at Hurricane Harbor. You won't have to fight too many people for the chair you want to camp out in.

I believe I arrived early enough to use the special early entry once. If I remember correctly you enter on the far right side in front of the restrooms located between the ticket booths and main gate. They scan you in and if you are going to Hurricane Harbor, you have to wait along that pathway. If you are going to the amusement park side, it really doesn't get you much except to the front of the crowd for when they release you into the park. This may have changed, but this is what I seem to remember.

I am so glad someone finally called you out on your un-necessary posting, it really gets on my nerves too! Feel free to particpate when you have something to add to the discussion, constant posts of I'm so excited" and "I can t wait" do nothing to add to the conversation. This bumps a post to the top and I'm expecting some new information and just get your silly comments.

Hah! You basically just summed up the Holiday World! That mixed with constant Paula leg humping.

It's really been bothering me for awhile, looked all over to try and contact a mod or admin type, but couldn't find anything so finally had to speak up.

Not sure how a Larson Loop and a signature-type steel coaster are even comparable. Just look at cost alone- Larson Loop under $1 mil, any good steel coaster At least $8 mil?

It's interesting to see it's skyline in the 80's, and how much different it is today. All they had that dominated the skyline back then was the Eagle and the Jet Scream, where today there are a dozen rides that dominate the skyline.

Definition dominate-To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power. Can't see how multiple things can dominate, but I understand what you are saying. 15 years ago only one or two rides stuck out above the trees, now there's maybe a dozen.

Just to clear up the Gold Pass early entry once and for all, here is an overview of the timing that goes into opening the park:

9:30 - Toll Plaza Opens

10:00 or 10:10 - Once security has the block points set, the front mall opens to all Guests.

10:20 - Gold Pass Early Entry begins at the Hurricane Harbor gate. Whether you are going to the theme park or water park early, you will still enter through that gate (there is a little path that goes behind The Flags gift shop to the regular HH exit for those wishing to enter the theme park early)

10:30 - The rest of the park and rides open for all Guests.

If the park received an S&S 4D, I don't think Ninja's plot of land would be used for it...but with the super loop, just think: Every park president in the SF chain would probably say they're rather have a signature coaster than a super loop. No news there.

Hah! You basically just summed up the Holiday World! That mixed with constant Paula leg humping.

This is why you're secretly my favorite, prozach. (However, when I was likened to Paula a month or two ago, I definitely took it as a huge compliment. I just like to think that my park info/pics posts are like an edgier version of her.)

1. What will happen to the other three sides of the JLBM building? 2. What will the exit be like in the way it connects with Shazam on its journey to the gift shop?

To whoever asked these questions (sorry I was too lazy to go back and quote you specifically): 1. They won't be left in their current states, but all the focus right now is the front. 2. It's really nothing excited, like at all. The metal queue fencing for it went up this past week. As long as everything is going okay tomorrow, I'll try to grab a few pics of the area.

LOL! I had to get that laugh out. Let me make sure I'm posting something "necessary" since people care so much about watching my posts. Thank you so much for that wonderful advice! I'm glad that you care for my well being. So, yes, I will continue to participate in this discussion because I love theme parks and when "theme park junkies" such as myself post "I'm so excited" and "I can't wait" it's because we care about these new additions that are coming to a park. It's get on my nerves to see people talking negative about other people. We're all here for one reason: WE LOVE THEME PARKS! If we wasn't here for that, THEN WHAT FOR? So with that said:

Six Flags St. Louis future is looking very bright! Matter-of-fact the whole Six Flag Chain is doing great! I'll be honest, I never thought Six Flags would get a ride like JLBFM, but I'm glad that Six Flags is starting to catch up with their competition. Six Flags may not be Disney or Universal, but Six Flags is special in their own way. And I love them for being just Six Flags. That's why I"M SO EXCITED and I CAN"T WAIT because I travel all over North America (hopefully my first international trip next year ) to visit new parks that I haven't been to yet. So this park will be my next stop on my 2015 theme park adventures. As of now, I don't have to time to worry about who's posting the same post over and over. WHO CARES! Let them do what they do best. LOVING THEME PARKS!

Here's a website with a bunch of old pictures of the park. http://www.rcreride.com/html/sfma.html

After getting a chance to check out all of the pictures, I wanted to point out a couple small things:

1. You can see in at least half of the pictures that there are metal poles holding a chain sticking out of every sidewalk curb in the park. This apparently did a great job in keeping people out of the landscaping (ugh, don't even get me started on this issue today in the park). However, they were eventually taken out due to people trying to jump over them (yes....it is THAT stupid), tripping, falling, and subsequently getting hurt. Actually, you can still see the holes for them by looking at any of the curbs, some of which still have the base of the metal pole imbedded in the concrete.

2. In one picture, you can see both of the park's trains. The other was a green locomotive and eventually sold to Busch Gardens Tampa, where I still believe it has operating fairly recently at least. Also, for all you train lovers out there, you may have noticed the train being a car short the last couple years or so. Well, the manufacturer of the train is no longer around, so parks that operate similar trains (like Disney) either have to do repair work in house or contract it out to be done as a custom job. The park has been replacing axels on the cars in addition to replacing a few other custom parts to ensure the Tommy G. Robertson's longevity.

LOL! I had to get that laugh out. Let me make sure I'm posting something "necessary" since people care so much about watching my posts. Thank you so much for that wonderful advice! I'm glad that you care for my well being. So, yes, I will continue to participate in this discussion because I love theme parks and when "theme park junkies" such as myself post "I'm so excited" and "I can't wait" it's because we care about these new additions that are coming to a park. It's get on my nerves to see people talking negative about other people. We're all here for one reason: WE LOVE THEME PARKS! If we wasn't here for that, THEN WHAT FOR?

It's in the terms of service and posting rules. I'm not concerned so much about your well being but the fact that you are not following the rules set by Robb is annoying. Once and a while is ok but you have habitually done it on this thread and Carowinds and a few others. It gets annoying.

I've posted the TPR posting rules for your reading enjoyment.

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Theme Park Review Posting Rules!

When posting to TPR please try to keep the following in mind:

5. Do not post for posting sake. What does this mean? If all you do is respond back to posts saying "Yeah, me too" or "I agree" or "Thanks!" you are not adding anything to the conversation. If you do this every once in a while, that's ok, but we have users here that seem like all they are doing is trying to post as much as possible to increase their post count. Well, there is no prize for having high post count, so please, only respond if you have something to add to the conversation.

6. Don't be "annoying" - For example, if you see that the "fart thread" has been closed, for reasons like "This was funny for a day, and now it's just stupid" don't start ANOTHER "fart thread." In short, annoying members will end up being banned.

7. Check each forum for specific rules - If there are specific rules in each forum, they will be posted as a "sticky." Please read these for further instructions. For example, in the "Professional Amateur Videographer Forum", unless you are uploading a file, creating new topics is not allowed.

Overall, we're not trying to be mean or strict, but the fact is that we now have over 6,000 registered members, and we need to keep the quality of the board at a high level. We don't delete, edit, or close posts very often, but we will have to if these simple rules are not followed.

So let's review.....

Theme Park Reviews Forum Posting Rules:

1. Be descriptive!

2. Use the search function.

3. Spell check your posts and use proper grammar.

4. Do NOT use "internet shorthand."

5. Do not post for posting sake.

6. Don't be "annoying."

7. Check each forum for specific

I aplogize if I'be skipped over something on a previous thread page but has SFSTL actually announced opening day for JL:BFM? I know Six Flags Over Texas is opening theirs on May 23 but I haven't heard that much about it over here.

Media Day is on May 22nd. The park might open it on the 23rd. I live up in Chicago, not close to the park, so I may not be seeing some commercials. But as far as I know, nothing has been announced officialy as an opening day.

It's seems like all the parks are shooting for next weekend. Haven't seen anything concrete yet. SFFT had theirs yesterday and it was rain or shine........and it rained a lot.

Cool thing is that Six Flags seems to be on top of things this year with their new attractions so I'm sure it's coming soon.

LOL! I had to get that laugh out. Let me make sure I'm posting something "necessary" since people care so much about watching my posts. Thank you so much for that wonderful advice! I'm glad that you care for my well being. So, yes, I will continue to participate in this discussion because I love theme parks and when "theme park junkies" such as myself post "I'm so excited" and "I can't wait" it's because we care about these new additions that are coming to a park. It's get on my nerves to see people talking negative about other people. We're all here for one reason: WE LOVE THEME PARKS! If we wasn't here for that, THEN WHAT FOR?

It's in the terms of service and posting rules. I'm not concerned so much about your well being but the fact that you are not following the rules set by Robb is annoying. Once and a while is ok but you have habitually done it on this thread and Carowinds and a few others. It gets annoying.

I've posted the TPR posting rules for your reading enjoyment.

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Theme Park Review Posting Rules!

When posting to TPR please try to keep the following in mind:

5. Do not post for posting sake. What does this mean? If all you do is respond back to posts saying "Yeah, me too" or "I agree" or "Thanks!" you are not adding anything to the conversation. If you do this every once in a while, that's ok, but we have users here that seem like all they are doing is trying to post as much as possible to increase their post count. Well, there is no prize for having high post count, so please, only respond if you have something to add to the conversation.

6. Don't be "annoying" - For example, if you see that the "fart thread" has been closed, for reasons like "This was funny for a day, and now it's just stupid" don't start ANOTHER "fart thread." In short, annoying members will end up being banned.

7. Check each forum for specific rules - If there are specific rules in each forum, they will be posted as a "sticky." Please read these for further instructions. For example, in the "Professional Amateur Videographer Forum", unless you are uploading a file, creating new topics is not allowed.

Overall, we're not trying to be mean or strict, but the fact is that we now have over 6,000 registered members, and we need to keep the quality of the board at a high level. We don't delete, edit, or close posts very often, but we will have to if these simple rules are not followed.

So let's review.....

Theme Park Reviews Forum Posting Rules:

1. Be descriptive!

2. Use the search function.

3. Spell check your posts and use proper grammar.

4. Do NOT use "internet shorthand."

5. Do not post for posting sake.

6. Don't be "annoying."

7. Check each forum for specific

You're breaking rule number 6...

I honestly think the ride is going to open on Memorial Day Weekend. Testing has been going strong I assume, so it seems like a solid bet it'll be open on time. We do have to realize a ride like this takes much time. I'm eager for the ride to open as well, but I would rather have it ready for the public to experience without many delays.

I believe that opening day is now TBD, I knew something was up when nothing about the opening was in the Six Flags newsletter e-mail (every other park had an article that announced the opening day of their ride except SFSL). I don't know exactly why they are behind, but I have always thought that this ride was way too far behind the SFOT version to open at the same time and it's not shocking at all that this has happened.

Edited by SFZIP

On my way out of the park tonight, I ended up walking out with and talking to the Director of Retail (Games, Merchandise, and Food). As long as the weather is better, I'll get facade pics tomorrow morning. Apparently if it hasn't rained this morning, they would have finished painting the facade. It's incredible! There is even a really cool Justice League logo light above the entrance. Also, earlier this week, the two sides of the building received fresh coats of gray paint that matches the front. The only thing on the outside of the ride that needs to be finished at this point is the nice fence in front.

At this point, the queue, facade, and everything else outside the ride will be finished by the end of the weekend hopefully. The ride vehicles (all seven) have been cycling pretty much non-stop for a couple weeks now (the selfish side of me doesn't like this as Oceaneering literally locks & uses wooden beams to bariccade all the doors, meaning I haven't been able to see inside for a while). One thing to be optimistic about is the fact that the ride has made successful runs at pretty much full show-quality. At this point, it's all about minor tweaks & rare scenario (like E-stops) testing. When the ride opens, park management has made it very clear that they don't want to open the ride until absolutely ready to the point where it can be reliably counted on. If the ride has a grand opening, it's not fair to Guests & families who plan trips around the ride, if the ride will most likely be down.

One of the topics I brought up with the director this evening was the new ride at Knott's. This ride will blow that one out of the water (pun intended). Does anyone know if the budget for Voyage to the Iron Reef was made public? I know what it was and was going to compare it to JLBM's budget. However, I didn't want to give any non-public SF info away on accident.

Anyway, I had begun taking pics on my way out when I began talking with Gene, so I'll post the couple I took. I wanted to really give a shout out to the landscapers who worked non-stop this week, and their hard work really shows in the center of the park especially. Luckily, all of the tropical plants escaped the greenhouse finally, really sprucing up the park!image.thumb.jpg.5a764c8d39bccee9977d35ea84b750a2.jpg

New umbrellas, renovated theater, and new tropical landscaping. All in all, the park looks great!

image.thumb.jpg.5a764c8d39bccee9977d35ea84b750a2.jpg

New umbrellas, renovated theater, and new tropical landscaping. All in all, the park looks great!

image.thumb.jpg.5a764c8d39bccee9977d35ea84b750a2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b34197e8169a370fe4525d37d7b373ae.jpg

One really nice area is on the Palace Theater side of the DC Comics entrance train overpass. Lots of new plants, hanging baskets, and new weird square "boxes" we're hung on the side there, really making it look nice in person.

image.thumb.jpg.f5fc312124501bd05f0d6bfae4c4e618.jpg

First, on an unrelated note, look at the new roller coaster set up in the South County Mall's parking lot! ;)

I believe that opening day is now TBD, I knew something was up when nothing about the opening was in the Six Flags newsletter e-mail (every other park had an article that announced the opening day of their ride except SFSL). I don't know exactly why they are behind, but I have always thought that this ride was way to far behind the SFOT version to open at the same time and it's not shocking at all that this has happened.

One thing regarding the ride and its sister in Texas, the testing & tweaking process of the ride in Texas was longer overall, because the ride is STL had the benefit of learning from the process in Texas. That is one good thing at least.

Nice pics hwfan. It seems like Six Flags is taking a better approach at updating their infrastructure along with putting up their new attractions. The theatre looks amazing with all the new paint and landscaping. I really think we're going to see more good things with Six Flags in the upcoming years. It really looks like they're starting to care about their image again.

Thanks for the update. Is there any particular reason for the tropical landscaping near the Palace and hot dog restaurant? I'm not trying to arm chair quarter back every move, but it seems kind of out of place.

On another note, I might have to break down and go to the park this summer. Due to my department's most recent spot light from the media (which is secretly just a disgusting internal assassination attempt) some people were moved around and all bets were off for me getting my 30th birthday off at the end of June. My KD/BGW trip is now officially delayed until July, and I don't think I can wait that long. Things have been miserable at work throughout the past year and I may need to break down and spend a little time on American Thunder and Batman. That and I've been craving coasters since my trip to KI two weeks ago.

I'm just going to let the following pictures speak for themselves:

image.thumb.jpg.8b6fe416c4e468c603f9e246ef1ebe72.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.bf17a8861574056be07e619a34473ce8.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5c6adb55e9c8c4ccd524b267a6eff972.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.59eaf908625fe2c4db11a216fa00e9f9.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ad16d111f65a653381168021a558a8f3.jpg

In case there was any doubt, you can see all seven ride vehicle shipping pallets stacked in the parking lot. It's interesting that two came through Orlando International (MCO) and the rest through Baltimore.

This ride does nothing for me in terms of anticipation, but I'll admit that looks impressive. Hopefully SF Dave can hold true to his promise and keep it that way.

Maybe this question has already been asked, but is there any room to the left of the building where the old Scooby outdoor queue used to be, or has the structure expanded to cover that area? If it's still there, what's going to fill that area?

Thanks.