TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

This Sunday (May 3rd) is the Ortega Cinco De Mayo ERT. Does anyone know what rides the park typically has available for this event?

The Boss, Ninja, Shazam, Rush Street Flyer, and the Antique Cars.

So its TOTALLY worth it!!!

Is that seriously the line-up? The Boss is running pretty well this season IMO, but that is one boring line-up.

Normally those ERT's include a section of the park. So if its american Thunder, it will most likely include the moons cars and the log flume.

Exactly. ERT's are usually towards the front of the park as well with the main two groups being:

-American Thunder, Moon Cars, and Shazam

-Batman, Ninja, and Joker

With the rest of the park being closed, it would be a pain to have the rides spread out like that. If it takes approximately an hour to clear the park at the end of the night, just think how much of a pain that would be. If the rides are grouped together at the front of the park, it's easier for both attendees and the park.

I just received word that the ERT will include Moon Cars, American Thunder, Log Flume, Shazam, and Mr. Freeze.

Sounds like fun! Do you know how long the event will last?

If I had to guess it would be about an hour.

I'd also guess about an hour. The website only says "we’re keeping select rides open AFTER the park closes".

I just received word that the ERT will include Moon Cars, American Thunder, Log Flume, Shazam, and Mr. Freeze.

I'd also guess about an hour. The website only says "we’re keeping select rides open AFTER the park closes".

According to the official internal memo, the ERT will be 30 minutes at Batman from 7:00-7:30. All Guests with a yellow wristband are welcome to participate. You can get the wristband by either exchanging a voucher (received from an online special) at the registration table in front of the Palace Theatre from 12:00-3:00pm. You can win a wristband during the fiesta event with fun games & prizes at the Palace porch. Finally, you can purchase any Ortega product from the Outpost location to receive up to four wristbands (for a family per purchase).

Edited by HWFan

When I work tomorrow, I'll check my email for the special event ops memo, which will have the time for sure.

HWFan, thanks for checking into that!

If you didn't see it already, SFSL posted a current pic of the facade on Twitter. Now that that is out there, here's a couple other pics of the area. Remember that this was Wednesday, so the facade has even progressed since then. The large approx. 5ft tall pillars for the fence in front are being installed now. Finally, the old shirt tie dye stand across from the log flume exit has finished it's transition into a food stand, which is in addition to the food carts below.

image.thumb.jpg.7aafe71d3b90aae0bc9a83e06720b18b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9b82b2c47674d1ff575718ec5d643363.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.17f141528bb76fa7118d2d003e18af9f.jpg

Wow, that is going to look very sharp when completed and what a drastic change from what used to be Scooby Doo. Six Flags, as a company, gets a lot of flack for some of the things they do but when they do something like this it's impressive.

Just saying this since no one else mentioned it, happy 500 pages everyone! Keep in mind that we are now at Page 500 while just last August we were at 393 and everything previous was pretty much all the buzz since like 2005

There seems to be a lot of buzz this year regarding JL:BFM and Six Flags St Louis' 2015 Season as a whole

As I sit here, under the tent outside the employee cafe & eating my pudding cup, my overall feeling is that the park just looks good. I mean, with just DC Comics Plaza having a ton of refurbishment, new restaurants to increase capacity, so much fresh paint and renovations all over the park, plus the fact that they aren't stopping the aggressive paint schedule anytime soon, it just seems like the park feels "alive and healthy" as weird as that sounds. This has the potential to be the best season in a decade or two, in my opinion.

^^ When I joined in 2013 there were only 132 pages on this thread!

The overall tone seems to be less negative than it was back then too

Although, I like a good mix rather than in threads like Holiday World where (until the Voyage mid-course break drama started) everything is 110% magical.

Wow, that is going to look very sharp when completed and what a drastic change from what used to be Scooby Doo. Six Flags, as a company, gets a lot of flack for some of the things they do but when they do something like this it's impressive.

I think you're going to see Six Flags' reputation really turning around in the coming year. It's a company that just a few years ago came out of bankruptcy and being eventually getting back on the NYSE at $7.36/share, which for the first time passed $50/share recently. Even comparing the Triotech ride at Knott's to this monster, as those pictures don't do the size/scope of it justice(league).

As I sit here, under the tent outside the employee cafe & eating my pudding cup, my overall feeling is that the park just looks good. I mean, with just DC Comics Plaza having a ton of refurbishment, new restaurants to increase capacity, so much fresh paint and renovations all over the park, plus the fact that they aren't stopping the aggressive paint schedule anytime soon, it just seems like the park feels "alive and healthy" as weird as that sounds. This has the potential to be the best season in a decade or two, in my opinion.

I got that impression overall today. I appreciated the new paint on rides I didn't expect to see it, like Joker. It did seem like a lot of rides were down for maintenance, though. Several in Bugs Bunny NP, and RKMT was down all three times we tried to ride it. On the positive side again, Tsunami Soaker was running this afternoon! So much fun.

^^ When I joined in 2013 there were only 132 pages on this thread!

And lots of what's between 2013 and now was a bunch of bitching about Boomerang and hopes and wishes of an Iron Boss.

In any case, the new ride is looking good and the park is looking great.