TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So obviously, this ride is pretty much make or break for the park. Obviously it is going to be amzing and shatter excpectations. However, its what this park does next year that everyone is excited about. But if it is not everything you wanted to cry and complain about how BAD a park it is, because it isn't. First off, and this is just something to think about, they decided to grant us the rights to a state of the art ride that had never been made before. They could have given us the crappy chaos coaster, or a different insignificant ride that just looks good because it is new. So be grateful. AND YES everyone has their hopes about a crazy coaster or a rmc boss, but guys you have to understand they will do what they think is best, from what I hear Dave is awesome and will do the right thing. And I know this sounds crazy because we are still 4 months out(yes thats it) but be grateful with whatever happens. Who knows what could happen.

???

Sorry... not what I meant to say. What I meant to say is as follows. Although a lot of people are wondering what the park is going to do next year, and if it will be good or not, I'm sure it will be great. Dave is awesome and I'm sure he will make a good decision. Whatever it is. However, maybe(and its highly unlikely) if its a ride that is not what you wanted, don't get butthurt. Have faith in the Park. They have shown faith in us. That is all. I apologize.

Two more fancy, expensive light blue cars for JLBFM are at the park now (there should be two more coming soon, 4 are here now), work on the facade is progressing more every day, but no final paint yet, opening still scheduled for a month from now.

For those who weren't able to make it to the park this weekend, the JLBM building is really starting to look cool. They added a lot of the foam this past week, making it stand out more and more. It was the first time since I had originally seen it a few months ago that it made me say "wow!" If the weather cooperates, visitors next weekend will hopefully see a nice white building as the ride construction progresses perfectly on schedule. It's crazy how much larger and "fuller" the facade looks compared to its Texas counterpart. I've noticed more and more Guests stopping to look at it.

For those who weren't able to make it to the park this weekend, the JLBM building is really starting to look cool. They added a lot of the foam this past week, making it stand out more and more. It was the first time since I had originally seen it a few months ago that it made me say "wow!" If the weather cooperates, visitors next weekend will hopefully see a nice white building as the ride construction progresses perfectly on schedule. It's crazy how much larger and "fuller" the facade looks compared to its Texas counterpart. I've noticed more and more Guests stopping to look at it.

This is great news! I'm looking forward for my first time visit! I know this ride is going to be great on so many levels. It's going to be so much fun!

Whatever it is. However, maybe(and its highly unlikely) if its a ride that is not what you wanted, don't get butthurt.

There is a pretty diverse group of preferences out there, so I'm not sure I would want to add in that "highly unlikely" if I were you.

I'm planning to visit the park on Wednesday, May 27 and Thursday, May 28 on my way to HoliWood Nights. My interest is almost entirely in the wooden coasters. Should I expect the park to be crowded? Are there any tips for making the most of my time there? Thanks!

^No, you'll get to ride whatever you want then. We went last year on the Thursday after Memorial Day and virtually everything was a walk-on. Were it not for all the school groups, the park would have been completely empty.

You are wise to focus on the wooden coasters at SFStL, as they are the best ones there. Of the three, American Thunder has the lowest capacity, and it's closest to the entrance. If you have a Gold pass or a Discover card, use your 15 minutes early entry and head straight to American Thunder, and you'll basically have a free skip the line pass. If not, then just book it there.

I would then proceed clockwise, and do Mr. Freeze next, followed by Boss and Screamin' Eagle, then finish up with Batman. I wouldn't say any of the other coasters are worth it unless you're into credits.

Two days is more than enough time to experience this park. You can probably do it justice in one day on the dates in question, especially considering the waterpark will be open then and most guests will be there in the afternoons, unless it's unseasonably cold.

Hey everyone! Just spent a long and beautiful day at the park and while crowds were moderate I mostly was there to check out everything that was new for this year as this was my first visit this season of hopefully many to come. And with all of the heaps of JL:BFM hype I have some updates and some other things to share from the park that you guys will probably like. So let's get right in!

So most likely, what you guys will mostly want to hear about is how the facade is progressing, and after seeing only photos I was pretty amazed at how just big the Hall of Justice facade is and how incredibly detailed it will be as well. Today it seemed work was focused on smoothing out Styrofoam on the individual columns and putting a layer of plaster over it with some fiberglass underneath and honestly the breeze might not have helped because it was like a snowstorm in Late April with millions of Styrofoam particles flying every which way But they had at least 5 workers on site (on the outside at least) working on each column and a couple hauling things inside and working on the inside queue a little bit more. Taking a peek in the archway it seems that the walls are completely done but un-decorated which is promising since everyone is hoping for that late May opening. I actually decided to ride Shazam today just to g et an idea of what it would feel like exiting from JL:BFM into the Superheroes V Villains store and while doing so I actually discovered that they were testing some elements inside and the door was wide open meaning I got a small glimpse of what was going on and I thought that was definitely pretty neat. I liked how wonderfully themed the new store is and I think it will make a perfect end-of-ride gift store for the ride.I have a lot of faith that this ride will blow everyone away like people say it will. (Also a side note, there is only one remaining Scooby-Doo element on the side of the facade in the form of one of the spooky looking trees which I took multiple photos of expecting it not to be there much longer anyway)

But yeah JL:BFM will be a signature ride at SFSTL and I can't wait to ride it as I haven't been so pumped for a fantastic new ride at the park since maybe SkyScreamer back in 2011

Anyways, moving on

Ninja was ever so unpopular, Boss was actually extremely rough and was only running one train which was kinda an inconvenience considering the crowds today, but Freeze was running two and had music and both projectors working which had me really happy as Batman was playing music too which is kinda a rarity for some reason nowadays. Boss was actually closed for half the day due to some cheer competition at Old Glory which I didn't get how that would call a closure but uh

I had a really awesome day at the park today and I hope to be back in a week or two to see how things are going

I'm planning to visit the park on Wednesday, May 27 and Thursday, May 28 on my way to HoliWood Nights. My interest is almost entirely in the wooden coasters. Should I expect the park to be crowded? Are there any tips for making the most of my time there? Thanks!

Even though a poster above gave a great plan of action and other advice for your visit, IF it is open and IF you plan to ride JLBM, head immediately for that ride when the park opens rather than one of the coasters.

^Boss was closed earlier but it wasn't for the cheer competition (at least to my knowledge but it makes little since to have it closed for that). I apologize for the one train operation, maintenance should have the other train back by next weekend.

In other news Highland Fling will reopen on May 2 after its extensive rehab.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was closed for the cheer competition. The main reason would be the noise as some of the younger girls try to do their cheers and stuff.

hey guys, first I wanna let you know Im new to this sight. Me and my kids love coasters, theme parks and really enjoy our home park sfstl....ok enough of that........Very excited myself about JLBFM even though we will miss Scooby Doo. I have a feeling this is the start of what will be not only a good 2015 but perhaps a very nice future......fingers crossed...

Looks like the new gondolas on the Highland Fling don't have the tail lights the old gondolas did. This should help keep the aesthetics up while keeping maintenance costs down (won't have to replace bulbs).

My husband and I are going to Six Flags St. Louis the weekend of May 9. Should we get flash passes in advance or wait and see how the lines look upon arrival? We have been to WDW and Universal before, but never Six Flags. We plan to ride mostly coasters, and we don't want to spend all day in line. Are Saturdays or Sundays usually busier? Any info at all would be super appreciated!

When you work in a theme park, especially on days that it is closed, you'd be silly not to take advantage of some of the perks. With the beautiful weather, I took full advantage of my 45 minutes (which is up in about two minutes) by grabbing McDonalds and heading down to the JB's Patio. The facade has come a long way even since the pictures from Sunday. You can now see the massive words, "Hall of Justice" with the Walmart-type stars around it. I rolled up the Mr. Freeze exit ramp to the bridge that crosses Thunder River. That is by far the best view of the whole building, and the only place where you can really see all of it at once. Hopefully a picture of it will be on the park's Twitter tomorrow, but if not, with the pace they're working, it'll be even more amazing come Saturday. (I'll post my pics on Saturday sometime after the park is open for the day and Guests are seeing the same.)

Another small but appreciated upgrade came in the form of a new Dip-n-Dots & Oreo-logo cart that are side by side on the pad of concrete between Shazam & the refurbished store. For years, the spot was just home to a couple vending machines, but the new food carts really make that spot look much better.

Well, I'm clocking back in from my break, so I've got to go. Hope to see you all in the park soon!

My husband are looking at going the weekend of May 9. Is the park usually busier on Saturday or Sunday? Are flash passes necessary for riding all the roller coasters? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

One thing to keep in mind is that is Mother's Day weekend. Sunday is a Bring a Friend Free day but even so, should be less busy than it will be on Saturday. I think you'll be able to go without the Flash Pass.

This Sunday (May 3rd) is the Ortega Cinco De Mayo ERT. Does anyone know what rides the park typically has available for this event?

The Boss, Ninja, Shazam, Rush Street Flyer, and the Antique Cars.

So its TOTALLY worth it!!!